Weak Heatseeker Missiles

Sserratus

Recently I reached lvl 40 and was able to get the Heatseeker Missiles ability. With lvl 40 pvp gear my heatseekere missiles ability does around 800-1500 dmg (with 5 heat signatures on a target). Does anyone else think that Heatseeker Missiles needs a serious dmg increase because compared to the sith warrior's ability in the rage tree it seems like nothing.

Either Tracer Missile needs to be nerfed, or Heatseeker needs to be buffed. (or both)

It doesn't make sense to me that an ability used to proc a second one should do MORE damage than the ability that it's proccing.

I may be an idiot, though. It just doesn't make sense to me.

My HSM hits harder then TM does crit and non crit.

In PvP my TM hits for about 3-3.5k now and my HSM hits for 5-5.5k on crit. Of course that's with at least 4 heat signatures up.

If your targeting anyone lvl 50 in pvp your reduction in damage is going to be from lack of having any EXP on your toon and they are rocking around 10% easily.

I wouldn't really look at PvP damage at this point until you start stacking EXP. It makes a world of difference. After next week (if your still sub 50) then your PvP experience will change due to no 50's being around much anymore since we will have our own bracket.

Edited by Marius_Xerxes

My HSM hits only a little harder than TM, but its not the damage that makes HSM completely viable. It's instant cast. Ok, what's better than 5 casted TMs? 5 casted TMs and an INSTANT TM! Very very useful for that finisher on a melee running up to you, or a boss in a dungeon.

For PvP I have found this very useful on a runner in Huttball, or an enemy close to capping a base in Alderaan or bomb in Voidstar.

For PvE, it fits perfectly into the rotation and basically adds an Instant TM to your rotation. TMx3, HSM, Unload, TMx2, RS, Unload (if proc), repeat while interweaving Rapid

Shots for heat managing.

guys are you serious?

there are a lot of abilities of the Arsenal tree that are arguable,but HSM it's surely not one of those

it does slighty more damage than tracer

25% more damage with 5 heats signatures on the target(and if there is another mercenary who is stacking them even 50%!!)

instant cast with only 15 seconds of CD

30% critical bonus damage,if this beauty crits,it destroys the enemy!!!

Edited by Gadrak

In PvP my TM hits for about 3-3.5k now and my HSM hits for 5-5.5k on crit. Of course that's with at least 4 heat signatures up.

Do you mind to specify your equip ? I am full champ, 31% crit 72% crit multiplier and my Tracer without relic and expertise buff hits / crits 2,5k /3k and HSM does 2,5k / 4,2k approximately.

So where is the magic trick ? relic, stim, expertise, lvl 10 naked enemy ?:csw_jabba:

Do you mind to specify your equip ? I am full champ, 31% crit 72% crit multiplier and my Tracer without relic and expertise buff hits / crits 2,5k /3k and HSM does 2,5k / 4,2k approximately.

So where is the magic trick ? relic, stim, expertise, lvl 10 naked enemy ?:csw_jabba:

Ditto, -The main hand champ weapon.

Only problem I have with most of these skill set abilities is that there easily interrupted. I can't fire when i'm constantly getting hit. I understand that I have to work around my abilities but while I'm loading their firing so DPS is per second and my attack can take 3 to 4 seconds which is 4 hits of their most powerful attacks down past 50% before I can get one hit in. So I'm not arguing for more DPS just the ability to do some.

* Sorry if my spelling is off just finished a 16 hour work day.*

Either Tracer Missile needs to be nerfed, or Heatseeker needs to be buffed. (or both)

It doesn't make sense to me that an ability used to proc a second one should do MORE damage than the ability that it's proccing.

I may be an idiot, though. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Well, you can fire Heat-seeker while moving.

Heat seeker while moving is awesome. Especially in PvP where you can leap from a balcony and shoot in mid-air to finish off a player low on health or almost scoring, etc.

Anyone low on health only takes one HSM and they are out. I am sure they wonder ... "WHat the !?"