Please Read this before you post a rage thread.

WedgAntilles

Lets get down to business:

1. Stephen Reid won't respond to me on twitter! I am cancelling today! -- It's Twitter. Not EA/Bioware's Customer service hub. IF you think that is the way to contact Customer Service, your argument is completely invalid.

2. I pre-ordered so where is my EGA!? -- If you remember the first post it was UP TO 5 DAYS ACCESS which means TOMORROW is when the "UP TO" means. Also. When you pre-ordered. It was a freebie. You paid extra for your DDE or CE to have those in-game items. You pre-ordered the standard so you can sleep at night.

3. They (As in Customer Service) wont respond to me! -- Okay. We get it. You're a snowflake but you're the most important one. Lets review their product. It's an MMO which is short for MASSIVE Multiplayer Online. Which means BIG. A LOT of people. TONS. So you will not receive a response to your "I PREORDERED ON XX/XX AND IT'S THE SECOND DAY OF THE EGA I HAVE NOTHING YOU HATE ME" e-mail will not be responded to compared to the e-mail: "I am having issues with the game client. It keeps crashing. Can I please get some help?"

So all in all. The game isn't released (12/20<--- That number is greater than --->12/14 this number). And EGA is still in it's free 2 extra days on top of its free 5 days. When I bought my car I didn't complain it didn't come with free gas. The best thing you can do is relax. Go play Skyrim, Minecraft, AC, etc. to let the small time pass of a week til the game is officially released.

Just remember. Children go hungry in countries and your complaining about a Video Game.

What makes you think people who are raging do not know what you have written there which has been repeated ad infinitum by people just like you who feel the need to tell people they are so much better than non raging people.

Your post is useless and only posted to feel better about your self.

1. Stephen Reid won't respond to me on twitter! I am cancelling today! -- It's Twitter. Not EA/Bioware's Customer service hub. IF you think that is the way to contact Customer Service, your argument is completely invalid.

2. I pre-ordered so where is my EGA!? -- If you remember the first post it was UP TO 5 DAYS ACCESS which means TOMORROW is when the "UP TO" means. Also. When you pre-ordered. It was a freebie. You paid extra for your DDE or CE to have those in-game items. You pre-ordered the standard so you can sleep at night.

3. They (As in Customer Service) wont respond to me! -- Okay. We get it. You're a snowflake but you're the most important one. Lets review their product. It's an MMO which is short for MASSIVE Multiplayer Online. Which means BIG. A LOT of people. TONS. So you will not receive a response to your "I PREORDERED ON XX/XX AND IT'S THE SECOND DAY OF THE EGA I HAVE NOTHING YOU HATE ME" e-mail will not be responded to compared to the e-mail: "I am having issues with the game client. It keeps crashing. Can I please get some help?"

So all in all. The game isn't released (12/20<--- That number is greater than --->12/14 this number). And EGA is still in it's free 2 extra days on top of its free 5 days. When I bought my car I didn't complain it didn't come with free gas. The best thing you can do is relax. Go play Skyrim, Minecraft, AC, etc. to let the small time pass of a week til the game is officially released.

Just remember. Children go hungry in countries and your complaining about a Video Game.

Don't confuse them with the facts. Their minds are made up.

Edited by VarnieTsk

While I agree with the points of you post, I disagree with how Bioware is managing the rollout of the EGA. Clearly there isn't an issue with server load so there isn't a really good compelling reason to not expand the EGA much greater than it current is.

Based on feedback from Bioware they indicated to us that they were in fact going to expand the number of EGA invites. Doesn't look like we're seeing a lot of additional players hitting the servers.

Currently only 17 U.S. servers have a 'standard' load, up 8 from 30mins ago. While there are currently 3 EU servers with 'heavy' loads and most all are 'standard' loads.

Let me preface by saying that I am in no way upset I'm not in on the early access yet, and this post is not meant to be an attack on BioWare (thought it may look that way by the end).

I think staggering the early access was a great idea. I think most people thought it was a pretty great idea...until they didn't get in the first minute of the first day. I'm pretty excited about this game, and I am totally fine with waiting "my turn" to get to play.

The question I would like to ask though, is did BioWare not see this coming? They have significantly disgruntled a portion of their customers before the official launch of the game. Its not a great note to start out on. Again, I personally could not care less that I have to wait, but it doesn't take a savvy market analyst or experienced customer service rep to see this "disturbance in the force" coming ahead of time. (<---zomg I couldn't help myself)

I played the Beta and it was incredible. I am in love with this game already, and I am looking forward to my early access whenever it may be. I am not saying the people raging have a right to be upset. Nor am I saying they shouldn't be upset. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the matter. All I am saying is that BioWare should have seen it coming either way.

Maybe they have enough confidence in their product that they don't care if they upset their customers, but that sounds like bad approach to customer service to me. Or maybe they just have balls of steel.

My $0.02

While I agree with the points of you post, I disagree with how Bioware is managing the rollout of the EGA. Clearly there isn't an issue with server load so there isn't a really good compelling reason to not expand the EGA much greater than it current is.

Based on feedback from Bioware they indicated to us that they were in fact going to expand the number of EGA invites. Doesn't look like we're seeing a lot of additional players hitting the servers.

Currently only 17 U.S. servers have a 'standard' load, up 8 from 30mins ago. While there are currently 3 EU servers with 'heavy' loads and most all are 'standard' loads.

Yes it might be that way. But they have a plan. They are doing it the way they have planned it for 3+ years. As of today. Bioware doesn't owe us anything. They are doing this for a smooth launch and I don't blame them. They have a great product in my opinion and in 6 days everyone will be enjoying it like the release date promised.

Let me preface by saying that I am in no way upset I'm not in on the early access yet, and this post is not meant to be an attack on BioWare (thought it may look that way by the end).

I think staggering the early access was a great idea. I think most people thought it was a pretty great idea...until they didn't get in the first minute of the first day. I'm pretty excited about this game, and I am totally fine with waiting "my turn" to get to play.

The question I would like to ask though, is did BioWare not see this coming? They have significantly disgruntled a portion of their customers before the official launch of the game. Its not a great note to start out on. Again, I personally could not care less that I have to wait, but it doesn't take a savvy market analyst or experienced customer service rep to see this "disturbance in the force" coming ahead of time. (<---zomg I couldn't help myself)

I played the Beta and it was incredible. I am in love with this game already, and I am looking forward to my early access whenever it may be. I am not saying the people raging have a right to be upset. Nor am I saying they shouldn't be upset. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion on the matter. All I am saying is that BioWare should have seen it coming either way.

Maybe they have enough confidence in their product that they don't care if they upset their customers, but that sounds like bad approach to customer service to me. Or maybe they just have balls of steel.

My $0.02

I am with you that they might not be handling it the best. But it seems like people are going over board. The only thing that I could guess is that they didn't expect this kind of uprising from something that was explained so well.

You have no knowledge or expertise in the field, obviously. Beyond the technical issues which are beyond you, there is the simpler issue of spreading the load. If you let everyone in all at once, you don't know which servers are going to get the most load and you have no way to control.

If you let people in with measured doses, you can use user caps to force each wave to spread out, essentially filling users in one "layer" at a time. Then you can bring in new servers to fill in categories which are filling up faster than expected.

Without waves, you do this blind and are forced to do server expansions/consolidations after-the-fact, when it is far more difficult --and disruptive to users.

Oh, I didn't know they ran the numbers past you. Could you post them for everyone?

That's crazy. It's almost like they're in a separate time zone.

Every launch of every game i have played has had people raging and moaning because they couldn't play instantly, calling it the worst launch ever.

Wouldn't it be funny if bioware said fine, get lost, have your money back you whining child. Do what their parents obviously failed to do when they threw a tantrum and demanded they have what they want nowwwaaaaahhh! teach them some patience.

I am with you that they might not be handling it the best. But it seems like people are going over board. The only thing that I could guess is that they didn't expect this kind of uprising from something that was explained so well.

And honestly maybe that is the case. If they legitimately did not see this coming then maybe they are working damage control right now, but this launch will probably become a lesson for future titles. And not just for BioWare. Never underestimate the power of a dark-si....er disgruntled nerd.

op you should have simplified your post to words that the whining kids can understand... aka

bioware promised 5 days of early access... the game launches in 6 days qq more.

anyway what they are doing is smart. they are trying to avoid the hell that was the launch of WoW and aion... and tbh almost all mmos.

but also the staggered start makes it so there are not 2000+ people in each starting zone waiting 2 hours to kill each of the mobs needed for their first quest...

Wouldn't it be funny if bioware said fine, get lost, have your money back you whining child. Do what their parents obviously failed to do when they threw a tantrum and demanded they have what they want nowwwaaaaahhh! teach them some patience.

Haha yes. I agree. You win. I just wish I could see that scenario happen.

And honestly maybe that is the case. If they legitimately did not see this coming then maybe they are working damage control right now, but this launch will probably become a lesson for future titles. And not just for BioWare. Never underestimate the power of a dark-si....er disgruntled nerd.

Absolutely. Everything is a learning process and unfortunately BioWare is the guinea pig.

This made me smile. :)

It's not just server load. There is only 1 login server.

Each of those servers has only 4 starting zones.

Plunk everyone into the starting zones at once...server load isn't the issue. It's playability. It's like waiting in line for the slide or the swings in a park filled with kids. All these people whining now cause they aren't in and playing...imagine how much they whine in-game when they can't complete a quest because there are 50 people camping the target.

Yeah...THAT would be so much better.