Bioware: Allow Advanced Class Respec!

Dunzo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you payed attention to later interviews like the ones that took place over in Europe, they said they changed their minds and there would be no AC respec. It didn't even make it into the beta when they were Ok with having it btw.

Thanks Doll. I played the beta. But European interviews don't count.

My logic is not off. Saying they won't do it because of some stupid reason is the dumb thing to say. They never said they will not do it. So you can't say they won't.

Eh, yes they did as a post above yours said. In the EU interviews after that video it was stated they changed their minds apparently.

Bioware,

Please allow Advanced Class Respec. There's no reason for this, give players the choice! If you're worried it will hurt your story or something - don't. You don't seem to care you send Jedi to go slaughter hundreds of Sand People, so why care about something that is needlessly restricting players?

Thanks!

EDIT:

If you want to say "NO" or "Bioware will never do this!"...

WATCH:

Thanks to Salzwasser for the link.

...and to finally put matters to rest, read: http://torwars.com/2011/12/01/stephen-reid-on-advanced-class-switching/

I think a one time only AC respec would be okay, but absolutely not something where you're able to pay money and switch at will, because that would essentially be like playing WoW and paying an NPC to switch from being a Paladin to a Mage on a whim in some cases.

I'd personally rather see them implement dual-spec within AC's first rather than cater to people who are too lazy to reroll another character and try a different class, because that's what your AC essentially is, another class in most cases.

Doesn't matter, it isn't in now and the game is much better for it. People are too used to just switching crap on the fly in MMOs to the point where decisions have no bearing on anything anymore. What happened to Bioware's "you made a bad choice deal with it" attitude? Players have gone soft, that's what.

Edited by Freyar

Doesn't matter, it isn't in now and the game is much better for it. People are too used to just switching crap on the fly in MMOs to the point where decisions have no bearing on anything anymore. What happened to Bioware's "you made a bad choice deal with it" attitude? Players have gone soft, that's what.

What does it matter to you, anyway? It doesn't effect you. This "just because" and "it's the principal" mentality is utterly mind boggling.

You know what, you're right. Players are soft. Let's tell the SWTOR dev team to stop all bug fixing/imba changes/content additions cause players are needy and soft! Let's play the game like it was in early beta! I want to fall in the big gaping hole in Taris and NEVER GET OUT. :rolleyes:

Edited by Dunzo

Bioware,

Please allow Advanced Class Respec. There's no reason for this, give players the choice! If you're worried it will hurt your story or something - don't. You don't seem to care you send Jedi to go slaughter hundreds of Sand People, so why care about something that is needlessly restricting players?

Thanks!

EDIT:

If you want to say "NO" or "Bioware will never do this!"...

WATCH:

Thanks to Salzwasser for the link.

...and to finally put matters to rest, read: http://torwars.com/2011/12/01/stephen-reid-on-advanced-class-switching/

This has to be a troll right?

There will not any time in the near future be the ability to switch Advanced Classes.

Why? Because switching Advanced Classes is equal to switching Classes, and if that happens, the entire class construct is down the drain... and the game is worthless, other than as a f2p Star Wars fix.

Integrity as an RPG would be history.

There will not any time in the near future be the ability to switch Advanced Classes.

Why? Because switching Advanced Classes is equal to switching Classes, and if that happens, the entire class construct is down the drain... and the game is worthless, other than as a f2p Star Wars fix.

Nothing about this makes any sense

The last thing I've heard about this was maybe in the future a one-time change for the click-challenged, available up to a certain level only, and progressively more expensive the longer you wait. Edited by Lundli

Wrong. How in the world can it make this worse? How?

Being an MMO, the game is intended to be social. Allowing people to switch their class when they want (same reason why dual-spec'ing is a stupid idea) improves self-sufficiency and reduces the pool of people to rely on for specific roles.

People want a healer? Talk to me, I'll help- oh wait.. some DPS suddenly pulls a class change out of his rear along with a dual-spec change to fit that role- a role he hasn't been playing as his main focus. I'm leveling with a healing spec, it's what I do. Another character levels with a DPS design, it's what he does.

What does it matter to you, anyway? It doesn't effect you. This "just because" and "it's the principal" mentality is utterly mind boggling.

You know what, you're right. Players are soft. Let's tell the SWTOR dev team to stop all bug fixing/imba changes/content additions cause players are needy and soft! Let's play the game like it was in early beta! I want to fall in the big gaping hole in Taris and NEVER GET OUT. :rolleyes:

There's a difference between bug fixes and basically re-writing your character on a whim.

Edited by Freyar

No it is changing your specialization as even Bioware said, which I have pointed out, it is not a class!

Change the advanced class? You are kidding. CHOICES AND CONSEQUENCES!!!!

When you made your decision.. then for God's Sake LIVE WITH THE CONSEQUENCES!!!

In which case Bioware should deal with the consequence of people leaving because they don't want to have to roll the same exact class to change a specialization aka subclass!

Being an MMO, the game is intended to be social. Allowing people to switch their class when they want (same reason why dual-spec'ing is a stupid idea) improves self-sufficiency and reduces the pool of people to rely on for specific roles.

People want a healer? Talk to me, I'll help- oh wait.. some DPS suddenly pulls a class change out of his rear along with a dual-spec change to fit that role- a role he hasn't been playing as his main focus. I'm leveling with a healing spec, it's what I do. Another character levels with a DPS design, it's what he does.

There's a difference between bug fixes and basically re-writing your character on a whim.

That is the exact reason they will slap a price on it that will increases each time.

No it is changing your specialization as even Bioware said, which I have pointed out, it is not a class!

No, it's a class. It's your combat class.

Pretend for a second BioWare didn't make the mistake of naming them Classes and instead called them Stories. Then, Advnanced Classes as we know them would be called Classes - the equivalent to their counterparts in other MMOs.

Classes are stories. Advanced Classes are classes.

Thanks.

Edited by Lethality

In which case Bioware should deal with the consequence of people leaving because they don't want to have to roll the same exact class to change a specialization aka subclass!

Oh dear.. people can't handle 10 levels of story that they can actually just spacebar through if they don't happen to care- or don't happen to take advantage of answering differently. Seriously.. this "catering to the masses" thing is just way too common.

Just a quick question to the OP:

How often do you want to be allowed to do this per character? How much do you want it to cost?

If they allow you to change the fundamental nature of your character then what incentive do you have to re-roll? Your AC determines your combat style as well as your power usage model (DPS/Ranged/Tank/Healer/etc.). Further, if you respec your AC, then your skill tree will need to be cleared every time, which means you don't ever have to settle on a spec, let alone an AC.

I don't know, but it sort of sounds boring and borderline abusive to me....

I might support this if it was a one time thing per character at an extremely high price, but otherwise nope.

You are going to be getting a dual spec option soon, you should probably be satisfied with that.

That is the exact reason they will slap a price on it that will increases each time.

Then we'll have people upset that they have to pay [whatever fee they decide] saying they should have it for free. It happened before, it'll happen again.