SwTOR is dying?

Blogmonster

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Its probably because you cant read. Theres a couple dying threads in the first few pages of General Discussion at any given piont.

I'm actually only noticing the same two.

Most people seem more concerned with actual issues in the game. As of right now, lets see....

FPS Issue, Population imbalance, Various DPS Meter threads, Rant about BioWare's PR, Hatred of Moderation, Issues with game performance, One game is failing thread on the first three pages.

Now, I know a few get made daily and are immediately closed, but those are made by the same two people, and are thus disregarded in my counting. Then again, I don't count "I quit" nor "I'm not enjoying the game" threads as "game is failing" threads.

Out of a group of 8 friends only 2 are continuing to play the game. Honestly if you've played other MMOs you can tell that this game doesn't measure up. Like everyone has said this game is a 2004 MMO released in 2011. It's like trying to market and sell a standard def TV when we already have 1080p televisions. :rolleyes:

Now, I know a few get made daily and are immediately closed, but those are made by the same two people, and are thus disregarded in my counting. Then again, I don't count "I quit" nor "I'm not enjoying the game" threads as "game is failing" threads.

Hmm, good point.

Out of a group of 8 friends only 2 are continuing to play the game. Honestly if you've played other MMOs you can tell that this game doesn't measure up. Like everyone has said this game is a 2004 MMO released in 2011. It's like trying to market and sell a standard def TV when we already have 1080p televisions. :rolleyes:

Funny, I've played over a dozen MMO's over the last 15 years and I'm loving SW:TOR. How about you speak for yourself instead of claiming to speak for "everyone"? ;)

I will say WAR had very similar release numbers to SWTOR and yet still died very quickly after the initial month was up.

WAR had half the number of subscribers after its release that SWTOR has. You call that "similar"?

WAR had half the number of subscribers after its release that SWTOR has. You call that "similar"?

WAR also got high reviews just like SWTOR sold very well in its frist month, then since they didnt fix the FPS issues, bad pvp system, and so forth the game died.

heres the kicker most of the devs from WAR are helping make this game, but its in good hands right? LoL

WAR also got high reviews just like SWTOR sold very well in its frist month, then since they didnt fix the FPS issues, bad pvp system, and so forth the game died.

heres the kicker most of the devs from WAR are helping make this game, but its in good hands right? LoL

I played WAR and SWTOR, to me there is no comparison. I didn't like WAR at all, but okay if you think because some of the same coders worked on the game that makes them the same, obvioulsy you've made up your mind and won't be playing the game. Not sure why you don't go do something you enjoy instead.

Who does this 'everyone' consist of? I know it's not everyone, otherwise I'd be in agreeance..

I think I've read two "TOR is dying" threads over the past month. On the other hand, I've read dozens of "TOR is Thriving, take that haters!" counterthreads.

If the game is doing so well, why do you have to defend it so hard? I don't even think it's doing poorly. It just feels like segments of the community are trying extra hard.

It's called being bored at work.

;)

Heres a way we can tell. Log onto peak hours and look at the server list. Early on near release date, the servers were heavy or very heavy. My server was listed as very heavy and now it's mostly standard.

And there aren't any valid reasons for that at all, amirite?

how often have you unliked something you no longer cared about on facebook?

This.

When I go to the swtor.com homepage it shows what friends have liked the game on FB.

Out of the 7 that have liked it I know of a total of 1 who bought the game.

Not trolling, just anecdotal.

Heres a way we can tell. Log onto peak hours and look at the server list. Early on near release date, the servers were heavy or very heavy. My server was listed as very heavy and now it's mostly standard.

You know they increased cap size of most servers to eliminate que, yes?

Please tell me you knew that.

Yeah, not being on holiday is a ***** isn't it.