SwTOR is dying?

Blogmonster

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1.2 million likes on facebook and counting, lol yeah right haters!

I think I've read two "TOR is dying" threads over the past month. On the other hand, I've read dozens of "TOR is Thriving, take that haters!" counterthreads.

If the game is doing so well, why do you have to defend it so hard? I don't even think it's doing poorly. It just feels like segments of the community are trying extra hard.

I think I've read two "TOR is dying" threads over the past month. On the other hand, I've read dozens of "TOR is Thriving, take that haters!" counterthreads.

If the game is doing so well, why do you have to defend it so hard? I don't even think it's doing poorly. It just feels like segments of the community are trying extra hard.

White Knights are not to be underestimated!

Since neither side has any strong, supportive evidence to back their claims, the point is moot.

I go to SWTOR.com for the forums. Which website and forum are you going to?

I have no idea if SWTOR is dying or not.

I will say WAR had very similar release numbers to SWTOR and yet still died very quickly after the initial month was up.

I think SWTOR is better then WAR and will retain more. WAR was too focused on PvP and had almost no group/elite content let along endgame content. SWTOR has more, and more "fluffy" content for casual downtime, better tradeskills, etc.

I do think it needs LFG queues like WoW so if I want to do a random it's possible.

I guess we'll see in about 2 months how it's doing.

Nothing for nothing but, you should read a recent article about people "liking" something on FaceBook or following something/someone on Twitter with regards to political forecasting. There's a difference between following something due to its celebrity vs. actually liking something. There are going to a chunk that clicked "Like" on FB if only to be able to post crap about how much they dislike the game.

I think you mistake a vested interest in promoting the success of the game with a gleeful enjoyment of watching the haters squirm and fidget as the game thrives.

I think you mistake a vested interest in promoting the success of the game with a gleeful enjoyment of watching the haters squirm and fidget as the game thrives.

No, I actually believe in a simpler explanation: everyone wants to be a cool internet troll, the sides have been chosen, and both sides are equally terrible at their art-form.

Wierd, I've experienced the exact opposite. Many threads of the game dying, yet very few of the game thriving. Only recently these past couple days have I seen many more 'TOR is Thriving' threads. Not that I think it's dying, it's far from it. Just sayin'.

I have no idea if SWTOR is dying or not.

I will say WAR had very similar release numbers to SWTOR and yet still died very quickly after the initial month was up.

I think SWTOR is better then WAR and will retain more. WAR was too focused on PvP and had almost no group/elite content let along endgame content. SWTOR has more, and more "fluffy" content for casual downtime, better tradeskills, etc.

I do think it needs LFG queues like WoW so if I want to do a random it's possible.

I guess we'll see in about 2 months how it's doing.

War had no where near the launch that swtor had.......i dont even think War had 30 servers.

Since neither side has any strong, supportive evidence to back their claims, the point is moot.

I can tell you why I keep griping at the gripers...

Their 'sky is falling' threads are cluttering the forums and I want to make sure that both the BW devs, which have done an amazing job, as well as the community of players, knows that the haters are not the majority they think they are.

At least BW has somebody sweeping the floor of the some of the ridiculous hate threads shortly after they're posted.

Seriously folks, outspoken negative minority perception CAN do damage - if you really want BW to improve the game, please quit spamming delusions of BW's supposed failure!

Edited by fullfordim

Its probably because you cant read. Theres a couple dying threads in the first few pages of General Discussion at any given piont.

War had no where near the launch that swtor had.......i dont even think War had 30 servers.

1.2 million sold within a month of release, 3 months later down to 300k subscibers

The release was comparable. SWTOR was about double the subscribers.