People need to L2 Flag for LFG

okenuth

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The currently LFG tool isn't obvious, and even when it's being used, it's about as effective as just shouting in the same chat channel.

You can't really blame the players for the developer's inability to code in and make obvious a useful LFG tool.

Its just too simplistic of a system to be taken seriously at this point. It's a global setting, yes, but can only be viewed in the local /who, and the "Notes" column can't be resized. Anything larger than the word "LFG" doesn't fit into the box, it gets cut off... The whole thing is just garbage and reeks of the game being pushed before it was done.

A true LFG system needs it's own window, with it's own keybind, and it needs proper advertising, IE the current players have no idea about the current LFG, even if it is a terrible design. I have no doubt that Bioware will fix the issue, it just would have been nice to have upon launch, with probably close to 30% of leveling content being considered group content.

You can't really blame the players for the developer's inability to code in and make obvious a useful LFG tool.

^This.^

The tool is designed in such a way that it's every bit as expedient to just spam /1. Why even bother having the tool at all?

The currently LFG tool isn't obvious, and even when it's being used, it's about as effective as just shouting in the same chat channel.

+1

(Don't usually do that, but you put it so succinctly)

Its just too simplistic of a system to be taken seriously at this point. It's a global setting, yes, but can only be viewed in the local /who, and the "Notes" column can't be resized. Anything larger than the word "LFG" doesn't fit into the box, it gets cut off... The whole thing is just garbage and reeks of the game being pushed before it was done.

A true LFG system needs it's own window, with it's own keybind, and it needs proper advertising, IE the current players have no idea about the current LFG, even if it is a terrible design. I have no doubt that Bioware will fix the issue, it just would have been nice to have upon launch, with probably close to 30% of leveling content being considered group content.

First of all, LFG is global in all ways. Put LFG in the search box and you see everyone who is LFG, no matter where they are.

Yes, the comments section definitely needs to changed. Either allow us to click on it for more info, or allow us to resize it.

Not really. Spamming chat would only get to the people in the place you are spamming. While the tool gets you every world.

I just wish the comment section wasn't so small.

Can't write LFG DSP LvL 35 Ma//

Before it get's cut. I'm not good at shortcuts and sometimes I don't understand what people are saying. Like what is LFM? LF2M? Looking for 2 Members?

Why do you need to write your level and "LFG" in the comments? If you have the LFG flag on obviously you are LFG, and your level and class show up as well.

I usually put something like "(DPS) EV or HM's" which shows up in the box.

I'll pass on using the tool that no one uses. It's still easier to just queue up for pvp until a lfg system is put in place. If it never happens I guess I'll never do flashpoints ... I hear it's not a major loss anyway.

Yeah but then you are being part of the problem. Work with what you have..

Why do you need to write your level and "LFG" in the comments? If you have the LFG flag on obviously you are LFG, and your level and class show up as well.

I usually put something like "(DPS) EV or HM's" which shows up in the box.

Exactly Healer - MR, Etc

^This.^

The tool is designed in such a way that it's every bit as expedient to just spam /1. Why even bother having the tool at all?

It takes 2 seconds to turn on lfg and after you do that you can still advertise in chat.

Why are you either or?

I actually like this kind of system better than an automated LFD type tool. It makes the community interact and you don't go in with random people. If your not sure what their note means usually just /tell XXXX would do the trick.

This. Saddest part is its been done by multiple other MMO's and failed horribly! Why o why would they think it'd be any different this time?

Can you search by instance? No!

Can you search globally (you know, not everyone is at the *********** fleet!)? No!

Is it noticeable and easy to find for those who dont know about it? NO!

Can you go into much detail with what you want, role, etc? NO, you have abbreviate everything!

Its the same crap that was useless in other MMO's and it useless here! Of course, it doesnt help that the idiots designed completely random FP's that have nothing to do with the regular story arc, nor is it located where most players of level are out questing.

This. Saddest part is its been done by multiple other MMO's and failed horribly! Why o why would they think it'd be any different this time?

Can you search by instance? No!

Can you search globally (you know, not everyone is at the *********** fleet!)? No!

Is it noticeable and easy to find for those who dont know about it? NO!

Can you go into much detail with what you want, role, etc? NO, you have abbreviate everything!

Its the same crap that was useless in other MMO's and it useless here! Of course, it doesnt help that the idiots designed completely random FP's that have nothing to do with the regular story arc, nor is it located where most players of level are out questing.

Can you search globally (you know, not everyone is at the *********** fleet!)? YES!

fixed

The current lfg tool is close to worthless.

Its not used because its hidden behind layers of other windows.

You can call players spoiled or lazy or what ever you wish but the fact is the majority of players are not going to go looking for the lfg if its not clearly available.

Any lfg system needs its own window! Not hidden behind the social button hidden behind a who tab.

It should be tied into the mission tracker next to the missions that require more than one layer.

but then BW cant even put mission items that require use on the tracker window. Asking for a lfg button next to flashpoint and heroic missions is like asking for the moon.

At this point i am ready for cross server lfd..I like to do the ilum flash point.. Good luck with that when there is only 3 of us on ilum..

Yeah but then you are being part of the problem. Work with what you have..

You have a point but I'll still pass as it's just easier using my method. As each game comes out and all these masochist no life pve players keep pushing for removal of convenience tools I am just moving back towards being a full time pvp player again. So yeah, I'm really okay with being part of the problem .....

The current lfg tool is close to worthless.

Its not used because its hidden behind layers of other windows.

You can call players spoiled or lazy or what ever you wish but the fact is the majority of players are not going to go looking for the lfg if its not clearly available.

Any lfg system needs its own window! Not hidden behind the social button hidden behind a who tab.

It should be tied into the mission tracker next to the missions that require more than one layer.

but then BW cant even put mission items that require use on the tracker window. Asking for a lfg button next to flashpoint and heroic missions is like asking for the moon.

At this point i am ready for cross server lfd..I like to do the ilum flash point.. Good luck with that when there is only 3 of us on ilum..

Well lets advertise it so more people use it while they figure something out. This would be easier if there were server forums, At least I did not find them.