The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Need blaster rifle now!!!

JediMasterDD

Powertechs needs to be able to use a blaster rifle instead of just a blaster pistol.

1. Blaster pistols in my opinion are the most fought over weapon in flashpoints and raids because two AC use them merc and pt. plus idiots that need for their companion. Make two sets of blaster rifles one with aim for us pt and one with cunning for operatives. That way no one is fighting over either one because I don't know companions that use blaster rifles.

2. And the most important reason. Running around with a single blaster pistol doesn't say fear me when you see me cause I'll kill you. It says I can only afford one gun and nothing else. A blaster rifle would be so much better and look so much cooler. Mercs are jango fett do make pt boba fett.

Come on Bioware. This is smart and you know it. Please.

I disagree. The single pistol says "I don't need to busy my hands with 2 weapons. My entire suit of armour is a weapon!"

And if you have people needing for companion gear over an actual person IN the flashpoint/operation you are grouping with the wrong people and I would suggest finding a trustworthy guild.

Fine, you can have one. Blaster Pistols have better stats anyway AND we get an offhand with additional stats.

yes, because agents with sniper rifles don't get an offhand with stats... oh wait, they do. There aren't any weapons in the game that take up both hands, equipment-wise, otherwise troopers couldn't have shield generators.

One of the reasons I am playing a PT over a Vanguard is how silly they looked while tanking.

You want a blaster rifle? Play a Vanguard. Trust me though, they look absolutely ridiculous trying to tank with the blaster rifle stance. The Pistol and offhand gizmos suit the class much better.

I also don't understand why you would say that Blaster Pistols are the "most fought over in Flash Points." 2 classes use them, PTs and Mercs. That is 3 slots dedicated to Blasters. Same as str Lightsabers. Every other class is competing with at least one other class for their main hand slot except Snipers and Assassins, and those weapons seem pretty few and far between. Don't want competition for that slot? Don't run with other Bounty Hunters. Simple solution. Hell, I'm surprised your groups aren't entirely composed of you as the Tank and 3 Sorcs. Your server must have different ratios than mine.

It's fine.

IMO, I'd rather see the Merc's get the rifle, and keep the PT with the pistol/maybe a knife of some sort (they seem more of the CQB in your face sort)

Advance prototype gets a blade so its kind of a pistol knife combo.

I don't mind the pistol, you have a flamethrower and all kinds of gadgets. The blaster rifle would be neat but that would be mostly just to emulate boba.

While I can see where you're coming from, and I do think it would be nice to have a blaster rifle instead of a tiny little pistol, I think it sort of makes sense if you remember that the pistol is almost a secondary weapon compared with the rest of you. I mean, we get missiles, flamethrowers, rail guns, grapplers, and other cool stuff as well. Our armor is practically a one-man-army. So it is at least understandable why we have so little in the use of firearms we actually hold in our hands. And there are other charecters that have rifles and roles simaler to the PT (i.e. Vanguard). It's really just personal preference anyways. Bottom line, I like the idea, but don't think it's neccessary.

screw the blaster rifle.

get rid of the blaster pistol. . . maybe mount it to the right forearm.

Powertech isnt about guns. its about the power of the tech.

maybe i just like having my hands free to slap people.

my humble 2cents

gft, give us a vambrace blaster for the right arm ^^

So we can alternate with the railgun in our left arm ^^