What is your fondest memory of cyborgs in the star wars movies.

Mookiethejookie

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And everyone in this thread missed the point the OP was making, which was that having Cyborgs as their own 'race' is stupid.

No, unfortunately, you missed the point. The OP is just trolling.

As for Cyborgs being their own race -- there have been plenty of threads about it, that were far better constructed than this one.

When the one guy, totally forgot his name, tried to kill his best friend and was set on fire. Then when he rose to prominence as the second most powerful man in the Impire.

He killed guys ALL the time too. It was epic. I think he used psychic powers or something to choke them out.

The second...?

cy·borg [sahy-bawrg]

noun

a person whose physiological functioning is aided by or dependent upon a mechanical or electronic device.

Yeah. Hey that means my girlfriend's dad, who has a wheelchair, is a cyborg!

So is my grandma. She's damn proud of it, too. But she's way more cyborg than your girlfriend's dad, cause she's got a pacemaker. Actually, come to think about it, so is my mother-in-law. That explains sooooo much.

For that matter though, Star Wars'ish cyborgs exist today as well. One of my best friends from the service is one. Luke Skywalker style.

And everyone in this thread missed the point the OP was making, which was that having Cyborgs as their own 'race' is stupid.

I agree with that. I think it was one of those "crap, we need another race? what should we do?" "hey, we have this entire universe full of aliens, lets pick one!" "Nah, lets just slap some metal onto the human model."

only one's opinions, not a fact.

The only people who'd defend having cyborgs as a race are rampant fanboys and biodrones. The cyborg 'race' is literally just a human with a cyborg slider, that's it. No rational person can defend that. They should have put said slider in the human race and then add in an actual RACE, rather then another human with borg implants.

The only people who'd defend having cyborgs as a race are rampant fanboys and biodrones. The cyborg 'race' is literally just a human with a cyborg slider, that's it. No rational person can defend that. They should have put said slider in the human race and then add in an actual RACE, rather then another human with borg implants.

They're not Cyborgs, they're Zombies... and goddammit my class doesn't have a mother-*********** shotgun to use :(

Because anyone who disagrees with your opinion is simply a fanboy and biodrone. It's not possible that someone can actually like it.....nope, much easier for your excuse of an arguement this way.

I think having cyborgs as their own race is a good idea in case you ever want future dialog to be dependent on whether one is a cyborg or not (kind of like how the game knows if you're human or alien).

Or they could just do what any modern developer would do and put a tick in there. Have the engine search the player, if they have the cyborg slider on they're counted as cyborgs and get the cyborg dialogue, if they don't have the cyborg slider they're counted as humans and get the human dialogue. This isn't 2000, we can do fancy things like this now.

Because anyone who disagrees with your opinion is simply a fanboy and biodrone. It's not possible that someone can actually like it.....nope, much easier for your excuse of an arguement this way.

Ok then, prove me wrong. Explain to me how having cyborg as it's own independent race makes any logical sense. Explain to me why Bioware simply couldn't add the cyborg slider to the human race (or indeed all the races since they use the same models).