I disagree with Bounty Hunter story [SPOILERS]

Vibeth

Han was frozen to TEST OUT the carbonite freezing process. They werent actually sure what would happen to a human being frozen in carbonite and they wanted to make sure Luke wasnt going to be damaged as the emperor wanted LUKE alive.

Han was frozen to TEST OUT the carbonite freezing process. They werent actually sure what would happen to a human being frozen in carbonite and they wanted to make sure Luke wasnt going to be damaged as the emperor wanted LUKE alive.

They use the process on Hutta right out the gates...

i call bs.

Jabba wanted a sweet looking table.

I've no problems with Mako, as long as you don't play as a psychotic you get along just fine, in fact even though I'm mostly light-sided there where couple of times I really felt the need to go with the dark side option and Mako approved.

Gault well I kind of wish his story had gone differently, what I would have liked to have seen would be a choice to capture/kill him or let him join your crew, if you do decide to go the capture/kill route then you would get a different companion, one that fulfills the same role but different.

Course that would be a lot more voice acting and programming etc, still would have been interesting.

And I wonder what's going to happen to our companions as the story progresses. Will we "loose" any of them (or have the option via story) and get new/different ones?

Be interesting to see where BioWare takes the story.

He's no good to me dead

Hmmm :p

Edited by DS_Romer

Hmmm :p

Well, given the sheer number of carbonite frozen people you run into in this game, several thousand years before ESB, I would hazard a guess that the Hansicle machine was not so much an experimental unit as an industrial grade device, not really suited to human use.

Whatever similarities freeze-drying has to the cryogenic process, you run somebody though the pea packer, they might not come out as fully preserved as you might wish.

As for the Solo contract, it struck me that Jaba primarily wanted Solo made an example of. Having him killed works, but having him as a kitschy conversation piece just drives the point home so much better.

It's going that extra mile that separates the merely capable, from the exceptional.

Those are the times I find it safe for Mama(my character is female) to teach her a lesson about real life, and tell her to toughen up or get over it.

As role play I sometimes send her a way when I have to make horrible choices, so she doesn't have to see what mama really does for a to make the creds.

Mako: Hey is that a school full of children sitting with our bounty?

Me: ummm Mako, why dont you run and sell this junk *loads guns* I'll meet you back at the ship

I wished it would not give her bad reactions regardless, Now I just do it for rp sake.

Yup thats how it is with me as well we are hired to kill someone and then when that said person starts begging for their life I kill them anyway because that was the job and then mako starts to QQ and then i tell her ITS A JOB GET OVER IT! and she is like ok....

Warning, this post contains heavy spoilers.

Ok, first off I want to make a few things clear. I'm only lvl 31 (just reached Alderaan). I'm not saying that the story is badly written or something like that.

This post represents my view of the Bounty Hunter story (till 31) so it's normal that it is heavily biased.

Anyway, I simply disagree with Bounty Hunter story.

First off, chapter one might be about winning the Great Hunt, but it's also about revenging the death of an old dude you meet at the start.

Why, why the hell would I want to avenge some old man I met 5 minutes ago? I have no special feelings for Mako. Even less for that man (or his alien pal). Why would I want to have anything to do with this? Taro Blood can kill whoever he wants, I simply do NOT care.

Second, Gault.

I "roleplay" my character as a Bounty Hunter that ALWAYS finishes her job. ALWAYS. End of Tattooine I got really angry by not being able to kill Gault.

I am a Bounty Hunter. Gault was the target. Bounty Hunter kill target or Bounty Hunter BAD Bounty Hunter!!!

How the hell did he even "convince" me (PS: I personally wasn't convinced ofcourse, I wanted to murder that guy) to take him in my crew? He was bragging that he might be useful to me due to his special skills... of what? Running away?

Tell me Gault, why would the hell would I need you if I can fire missiles from my behind (Tracer Missile reference ho)?

NO THANKS! Blaster pistol to the head and die please!

Third, Mako.

That silly woman should man (woman) the hell up. You are supposed to be some bounty hunter wannabe yet you whine at me for every person I kill. I mean she is really useful, being a healer and all but oh my god... I want to slap you SO HARD Mako. SO HARD. BW please implement a fourth option to every conversation with Mako [slap Mako]. I want to keep slapping her.

Or maybe I'm just a banana.

That would be all.

Mako is alright. Most of the options I pick she usually likes, and if she doesn't, I'll giver her a present. I personally think Gault is pretty cool. I mean come on, his voice actor is Timmy Turner's father. For some reason I treat him like my character's brother (the only companion I have a problem with is Skadge). As for the first chapter, it's not just about getting revenge on Blood. It's about getting revenge because Blood is an ******e. It CAN be about Braiden's honor as well (mine was), as he gave your character a chance when no one else did. PErsonally, I thought the entire thing was extremely well written.

• 1 year later...

for me, the best part of bounty hunter story was on taris.

the son killing his own father

and i liked gault. he was always funny while hunting him. a bad guy but charming.

and i like mako. the only companion i have at 10k.

i went neutral with my bh, picked the answers i liked, not because of the ight alignment gain.

but overall, the bh story isnt the best.

for me, the best part of bounty hunter story was on taris.

the son killing his own father

and i liked gault. he was always funny while hunting him. a bad guy but charming.

and i like mako. the only companion i have at 10k.

i went neutral with my bh, picked the answers i liked, not because of the ight alignment gain.

but overall, the bh story isnt the best.

Wow this got necroed lol. I loved the BH story. To me the best part was deciding what to do at the very end. That was pretty cool, as was the epic fight at the end.

I hated that I didn't get to kill Tyresius, but I still completed the bounty (somewhat), and gained all of his resources when he joined, making me more money. His whining about fighting is annoying, but otherwise he is hilarious.

Mako was cool, but unless you didn't use Blizz at all, I don't understand how you don't have him at 10k affection. Blizz is the best.

I also disregarded the alignment when making decisions, usually going for the most honorable choice available, although I would occasionally shy away from it, instead of giving Tarro an "honorable fight to the death" I just left him locked up to wait for the imminent death he knew was coming but couldn't escape from.

Warning, this post contains heavy spoilers.

Ok, first off I want to make a few things clear. I'm only lvl 31 (just reached Alderaan). I'm not saying that the story is badly written or something like that.

This post represents my view of the Bounty Hunter story (till 31) so it's normal that it is heavily biased.

Anyway, I simply disagree with Bounty Hunter story.

First off, chapter one might be about winning the Great Hunt, but it's also about revenging the death of an old dude you meet at the start.

Why, why the hell would I want to avenge some old man I met 5 minutes ago? I have no special feelings for Mako. Even less for that man (or his alien pal). Why would I want to have anything to do with this? Taro Blood can kill whoever he wants, I simply do NOT care.

Second, Gault.

I "roleplay" my character as a Bounty Hunter that ALWAYS finishes her job. ALWAYS. End of Tattooine I got really angry by not being able to kill Gault.

I am a Bounty Hunter. Gault was the target. Bounty Hunter kill target or Bounty Hunter BAD Bounty Hunter!!!

How the hell did he even "convince" me (PS: I personally wasn't convinced ofcourse, I wanted to murder that guy) to take him in my crew? He was bragging that he might be useful to me due to his special skills... of what? Running away?

Tell me Gault, why would the hell would I need you if I can fire missiles from my behind (Tracer Missile reference ho)?

NO THANKS! Blaster pistol to the head and die please!

Third, Mako.

That silly woman should man (woman) the hell up. You are supposed to be some bounty hunter wannabe yet you whine at me for every person I kill. I mean she is really useful, being a healer and all but oh my god... I want to slap you SO HARD Mako. SO HARD. BW please implement a fourth option to every conversation with Mako [slap Mako]. I want to keep slapping her.

Or maybe I'm just a banana.

That would be all.

Personally, I played my Bounty Hunter to level 53 now. But Alderaan (story wise) was a bit of a highlight, as well as a planet you reach in the future, Belsavis. The planetary goal for Belsavis is clear in the beginning, and it's extremely well-written. (Just to get your hopes up :p)

But on the topics you covered, Mako is who I will address first. She may not be nearly as *evil* as you are, but if you take into consideration that she is a *character* with likes and dislikes just like yours. If you read her brief personality bio, you would see that she wants to see the heart in the underdog. Be a dispenser of justice and fight the good fight, even if you have to gray the lines a bit to get there, as long as it ends good and no one is unnecessarily killed.

Now, the only thing that was missing from Chapter 1 was the option to *pretend* like you wanted revenge on Braden for Mako, but lie about it to gain her trust (like any true evildoer would REALLY do), and then int he end, blast Tarro in the head because he's an annoying, pompous, self-righteous ***** and he's messing with you just because you somehow got into this silly damn contest that now you have to complete in order to get total revenge.

The only problem with Gault as a companion is because there was SO much build up to make you (out of the game) hate him, and want to grid him into a fine red paste. If the wise and mighty writers of BioWare keep him friggin still instead of having you chase him ALL over the WORST PLANET IN THE GALAXY. Yeah. Tattooine is one of the worst planets I had the pleasure of playing on. Everything was too damn far away. (Granted, I can respect the design decision because Tatt is a spacious desert wasteland). And I agree, I wanted to shoot Gault full of holes, but when I saw the body double, I made it into Swiss cheese to take out my frustrations.

As far as *killing* Gault, technically you did. So you still get bounty. That, and if you're like me, you almost vaporized the body double with your blaster. And since you already claimed the bounty with the body double, it wouldn't make sense to see if you could cash on it twice (at least from the same source). But Gault is the perfect companion for being conniving and back-handed. Build up some affection points with him, and he'll take you through a quest line of committing more fraud. It's really a lot of fun. After wandering around Tatt with Gault as my companion, he really is a swell fellow. Sort of acquired taste if you can get over his elusiveness on Tattooine.

And finally, as far as the story on Alderaan goes, I skipped the planet. I above the end-level for the planet when I arrived. So I got to skip right through, do the class missions and move on. There's one particular highlight I love, and you get to take some anger out on a noble. But that is the most exciting thing that happens during your otherwise eventless stay.

TLDR: Lying to Mako to rack up affection and evil points would be amazing; the game purposefully makes you HATE Gault on purpose, and Belsavis has an amazing story arc.

I'm OK with most of it. My issue basically boiled down to companions. Maybe this is a relic from SWG where my BH worked alone, but my BH works alone. And then along comes Mako who more or less forces her way into my entourage (though for my character it starts to fit). Gault would have been shot, either before or after the introduction of the body-double. Blizz and Torian would have been told to take a walk (and been executed if refusing to do so), and Skadge... Well, that sentiment's pretty common around here.

As for non-bounties, if you don't screw with my BH, he won't try to screw with you.

Another gripe is how my BH was more or less shoehorned into working with the Empire. The Empire can burn for all my BH cares.

Also, the whole "ship stealing is a Great Hunt tradition" sounded rather weak. It would have been better had it been the BH's own idea.