Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

POLL!! Help Bioware AND yourself!

Sorrowsongg

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great survey i hope that it will show Bioware what the community REALLY wants and what not and what is less and most important.

Let's keep this thread on the frontpage.It shall receive as many views as possible. :)

Edited by HerrFett

They don't like small feedback, they like detailed walls of text, they even said it. I can't blame them either, the community knows jack about balancing and if you give a logical and smart (and coherent!!) argument for your point of view on balance or whatever, they will actually listen, but no guarantees they will add anything.

I doubt a small survey would matter much.

A survey is not going to change the way Bioware fixes bug. Popular opinion doesn't affect how easy or difficult certain bugs are to fix. They dont delay very easy fixes, for those that will take longer. The same people dont work on all types of bugs. Fixing typo's doesn't prevent the texture artist from doing his job at the same time. Tweaks of balance doesn't prevent coders from working on the 'green bug'.

If that was not the intention of your survey, you should word it with less bias.

Edited by openair

They don't like small feedback, they like detailed walls of text, they even said it. I can't blame them either, the community knows jack about balancing and if you give a logical and smart (and coherent!!) argument for your point of view on balance or whatever, they will actually listen, but no guarantees they will add anything.

I don't understand why players (even knowing ones) should explain developers what's wrong with their game. They are professional and should know. It's like we pay for the game and do their job for our money. Not nice.

Thanks for the survey; I wish it had a few more complains for the RP servers (being on one myself - we'd love our chat bubbles and server-specific forums) but overall, I thought it was good. Thanks for taking the time to set it up.

I dont expect it to move any mountains but will be interresting to see what the playerbase (well forum player base) would prioritize if they had the chance to be on the developers side.

This could in some way help BioWare to understand whats important and whats not.

Also on the basis of the aggregated numbers in the poll on specific issues there might be a possibility to actually write a wall of text with suggestions.

//Kamasuthra

A survey is not going to change the way Bioware fixes bug. Popular opinion doesn't affect how easy or difficult certain bugs are to fix. They dont delay very easy fixes, for those that will take longer. The same people dont work on all types of bugs. Fixing typo's doesn't prevent the texture artist from doing his job at the same time. Tweaks of balance doesn't prevent coders from working on the 'green bug'.

If that was not the intention of your survey, you should word it with less bias.

In all games there is a certain element of prioritization from the developers part. They do not have unlimited resources to fix bugs or expand the scope of their game. This survey is just a humble way of trying to understand what we the players would like prioritized.

//Kamasuthra

In all games there is a certain element of prioritization from the developers part. They do not have unlimited resources to fix bugs or expand the scope of their game. This survey is just a humble way of trying to understand what we the players would like prioritized.

//Kamasuthra

... And those priorities have more to do with the difficulty/scope of the bug, and the limited/varied resources they have available to them, then popular opinion...

... And those priorities have more to do with the difficulty/scope of the bug, and the limited/varied resources they have available to them, then popular opinion...

I would guess it should mostly have to do with how easy is it to fix the issue counting both time and resources compared to what impact it has on the games chances of making more money over time.

Generally a games long term chance to make money depends a lot on how satisfied the games customers will be over time (especially in a game with a monthly fee) so in that sense understanding what the playerbase would like is a good starting point before you as a company divide resources on different tasks.

This is not a magic survey to fix this game but a interresting check on what the forum community would like BioWare to work on.

Cheers

//Kamasuthra

Edited by Sorrowsongg

Great survey! One or two things missing though-

Where are the questions about customer service quality?

Where are the questions about false advertisement, and honesty?

Other than that, you covered MOST everything I can think of.

Edited by Khechari

Generally a games long term chance to make money depends a lot on how satisfied the games customers will be over time (especially in a game with a monthly fee) so in that sense understanding what the playerbase would like is a good starting point before you as a company divide resources on different tasks.

//Kamasuthra

Except it's about 4 years too late for that. The same employees that helped develop the game, help fix it. They already have resources divided. That can't tell the texture artist, you are now a coder. They dont have the same education, background, experience, ect... They will higher new/more coders because they have work for them and will have work for them for the foreseeable future, not because of popular opinion. Because of the time required to hire, train, familiarize new employees with existing code, existing bugs affecting popular opinion should have already been resolved.

Edited by openair

Except it's about 4 years too late for that. The same employees that helped develop the game, help fix it. They already have resources divided. That can't tell the texture artist, you are now a coder. They dont have the same education, background, experience, ect...

Hi, I agree on the above, however they can prioritize both within a selected area of expertise and also between different games. Plus there is always the possibility for recruitment especially for a game that should exist and evolve for the comming 5-7 years.

Cheers

//Kamasuthra

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.