Our prayers have been Answered So STOKED

zolltann

Heres the problem with this

"It's further out from launch, so we can have much more of the team focussed on it"

focus on new content does not seem logical. Becuse chances are it will be implamented in a halfassed fashion just like the current content (that was complained about during closed beta and never addressed).

Right now the biggest concerns for this games survival are not content. They should have most of there team focussed on fixing there core gameplay mechanics, crafts, aswell as vendor/gear systems including the current daily system in place. At the moment all these aspects seemed rushed with little forsight in there design. All these aspects had been complained about sense Closed beta and never addressed.

As of right now i have not seen sweeping bug fixs and changes, even 1.1 does not address alot of major issues, just minor easy to fix API script edits.

Overall the feels like bioware is repeating mythic's mistakes. (all these rumors of there outsourced programming and art staff dont inspire much confidence ether)

I'll have to agree on this.

Glad to see they are communicating a bit to the player base but unfortunately I'm not as confident the future patches/additions will sort the issues some are stuggling with 8 months ago, 1 month ago and right now.

... and tomorrow and next week and next month.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In before usual tripe about lies, and this game is dead already.

Sounds good, although this has been talked about before - although I'm glad they reiterated and gave a few more details/ETA's

the game is dead?? lololol

1 million in first week of the realese

the game is dead?? lololol

1 million in first week of the realese

Yeah ... now check how many are left after the first free month ends and people actually got to play this "mmo" instead of just being hyped.

LOLOLOLOL right back at ya.

You must be new to MMO's, The level is only a speedbump for character progression into end game. If you wanted story go play a single player game. its cheaper and overall a better experience if you enjoy that sort of thing.

SWTOR is story focused not end game focused.

You obviously didnt understood anthing about games in general.

A game start at level 1 not max level.

Yeah ... now check how many are left after the first free month ends and people actually got to play this "mmo" instead of just being hyped.

LOLOLOL

It will be MUCH better without TROLLS like you!

"In terms of game systems we're releasing the full Legacy system. It's a system that really benefits players who like to play alts - instead of having characters who have no relation to each other you can create a family, and when you're playing any member of that family you earn experience points for your Legacy tree."

So disappointing. I am all about playing alts, but this does not 'benefit' me at all. Quite the opposite, as I *DO NOT WANT* my alts to be members of a 'family'. I want them to be altogether different and individual characters. With different names. Damn it.

Boo, Bioware. Boo.

Sorry, but once I'm gone, I'm gone. I keep going back to WoW because it's a excellent game with a few bad ideas, the main problem is the content delivery speed, if WoW had content patches each month, even just a new instance, I'd never have left. TOR is just a WoW wanna-be with clunky, delayed combat, laggy PvP even with sub 20ms pings and high end hardware (talking both frame rate and actual latency), and the sheer fact there is no choice, you're going to do x, y and z in that order, over and over and over, there is no options, whereas leveling up in WoW you at least have some options in where you go to make it less tedious.

go back to that 1 pixel junk and dont break our balls already

wow is starting to die lose 1 mil in a year and keep loosing and loosing subs each month.

have fun to your -10 mmo farmville piece of crap

Heres the problem with this

"It's further out from launch, so we can have much more of the team focussed on it"

focus on new content does not seem logical. Becuse chances are it will be implamented in a halfassed fashion just like the current content (that was complained about during closed beta and never addressed).

Right now the biggest concerns for this games survival are not content. They should have most of there team focussed on fixing there core gameplay mechanics, crafts, aswell as vendor/gear systems including the current daily system in place. At the moment all these aspects seemed rushed with little forsight in there design. All these aspects had been complained about sense Closed beta and never addressed.

As of right now i have not seen sweeping bug fixs and changes, even 1.1 does not address alot of major issues, just minor easy to fix API script edits.

Overall the feels like bioware is repeating mythic's mistakes. (all these rumors of there outsourced programming and art staff dont inspire much confidence ether)

you honestly dont think they have just as many people working on bugs/mechanics/core design? they're a pretty big corporation and i highly doubt they need you to try and direct what they should be putting their effort into. the article was about new content, so why would they mention the other half of all their employees working on fixing what's already in the game?

"In terms of game systems we're releasing the full Legacy system. It's a system that really benefits players who like to play alts - instead of having characters who have no relation to each other you can create a family, and when you're playing any member of that family you earn experience points for your Legacy tree."

So disappointing. I am all about playing alts, but this does not 'benefit' me at all. Quite the opposite, as I *DO NOT WANT* my alts to be members of a 'family'. I want them to be altogether different and individual characters. With different names. Damn it.

Boo, Bioware. Boo.

You get bonus perks for mains from leveling ALTS.

Edited by LexiCazam
Rude comment

2 from 10 left but the subs keeps getting higher

read the news next time

LOLOLOLOL right back at ya?

you got served btw try harder to bash a game next time.

Pro Tip:

Take all of Your ppl working on 2013 projects and make them help on fixing current top priority issues like textures, FPS, ability delay, bugs.

yes because everyone who works on a MMO knows how to debug and look at code.

Artists, level designers, and writers all secretly are experts at debugging

When will people realize that the choice is never new content or debug? Companies can do both you know.

Love the positive post but I still can't get the act that they are forcing all of my characters to have the same last name.

This is supposed to be an rp/immersion based system?

Ya I can really buy that my Mirialan Jedi and Twi'lek Smuggler and Human Trooper all have the same last name...that is bordering on an insulting and lazy way to incorporate surnames into the game.

The whole concept smells like BS imo, at least with the forced surnames as it is.

Love the positive post but I still can't get the act that they are forcing all of my characters to have the same last name.

Ya I can really buy that my Mirialan Jedi and Twi'lek Smuggler and Human Trooper all have the same last name...that is bordering on an insulting and lazy way to incorporate surnames into the game.

The whole concept smells like BS imo, at least with the forced surnames as it is.

Come one man, it's an extra feature. If you don't want the same last name, turn it off. It's simple.

As for the article, I liked it a lot. A lot of good information, and some actual dates when things are going to be released. Guild Banks are a must, and I hope they add a lot more features as time goes on.

that's easy they where both adopted by the same Sith.

You must be new to MMO's, The level is only a speedbump for character progression into end game. If you wanted story go play a single player game. its cheaper and overall a better experience if you enjoy that sort of thing.

Not really no. MMO cater to different kind of people, PVPer , raider, etc...

For example I like to explore, find niche stuff, boss not everybody find, read the story, sniff at the flower, etc...

As a raider, YOU think the level 1-50 content is just there for the grind after 50 to prepare you. You are only 1 type of gamer MMO cater to.

In fact TOR is catering to single story player a LOT, by having all those 8 different story. I can tell you for one I have no intention to speed through those and no intention whatsoever to raid.

None of your and my gameplay is the king or whatever. We just have different approach and neither is better nor worst than the others. Just different.

I wish those people which psot "1-50 is only a speedbump" would start to realize that it is only their viewpoint and not really more valid than other's.

ETA: to make my point clear , WOW is DEVOID of content comapred to TOR's 8 stories.

Edited by Aepervius

Pro Tip:

Take all of Your ppl working on 2013 projects and make them help on fixing current top priority issues like textures, FPS, ability delay, bugs.

Seeing as you likely do not work in game development, that would actually be the exact opposite of a pro tip.

Try re-reading, i think you will find that all your chars will benefit from the legacy system I.E. legacy points

Yes, it does say all characters can benefit. It also says "...when you're playing any member of that family you earn experience points for your Legacy tree."