What is this!?

HyperThomas

1) Life isn't fair.

2) Good Guys Finish Last

These are words we grow up hearing. But this is a game and it doesn't matter. I play empire for the story, I am tempted to play republic to be the under dog.

At the end of the day though, this is a game and I could give a ****.

I prefer:

"leave the gun take the cannoli" - The God Father

Yeah this is a bug too. I don't think bioware intentionally created 1 side better than the other like the op claims.

While I don't think it was intentional the lack of fixes for them with the implementation of changes that further increase the challenge of playing the underdog doesn't make it seem like they really care, if you know what I mean.

First of all I would like to state that this is not a rage thread and all you trolls thinking to post dumb comments should listen to your parents and just go to bed on time. The adults are talking.

You may have made many good points in your post, but this opening statement would have alienated a lot of people, myself included. Anyone that starts a post in this way probably has nothing constructive to say, imo.

Edited by Ripgore

1. is very noticeable. I made a thread about it awhile back hoping someone could explain it to me as I would cap my own turret a few seconds before the imps would but theirs would start firing before ours would. I didn't even bother to check that the turrets were both facing my own side which makes sense now. That is a huge problem with highly competitive pvp. One match it literally took around 3 minutes or more just for one side to cap mid. If nobody ever capped it then the side that started firing first would win.

how often do you get a game that ends in 0-5 where this would have actually mattered? But yeah If it makes people happy flip the gun around. I've played tons of Alderans (IM VR 60+) and I can say that there is not game I played where this would have made the slightest different.

i really don't see how you want faction imbalance to be 'fixed' . the same situation existed on many a server in Wow, where more people in the horde actually did pvp. i might be in the majoriy faction now, but i always was alliance in wow and in the end, you just have to deal with it. yes, there is an imbalance. no, it is not 1 to 3. no, there isn't really anything we can do to fix it. Edited by DarthBoga

You may have made many good points in your post, but this opening statement would have alienated a lot of people, myself included. Anyone that starts a post in this way probably has nothing constructive to say, imo.

I 100% agree with this. In my long experience of MMO forum posts, calling out a faction of posters is usually not a good way to start. Calling out Trolls just makes them want to post more.

THIS!!! alderaan communication is really **** for empire players because of this. you actuall have to agree on what to call left first...lol

My premade we've named them "SNOW" and "GRASS".

/fixed.

If you can't figure out why...idk what to tell ya.

how often do you get a game that ends in 0-5 where this would have actually mattered? But yeah If it makes people happy flip the gun around. I've played tons of Alderans (IM VR 60+) and I can say that there is not game I played where this would have made the slightest different.

I have only once. But still, those few seconds that I seem to always get my turret activated first could really help. its more like 10 - 0 in my case. Once 50 brackets come in and fights over mid become a bigger deal, so will this issue.

you're really blaming BioWare for more people choosing empire? ridiculous.

Yes I am and its not ridiculous I've never seen populations this bad in a MMO... reason being.

1. Better Stories

2. Better starting worlds...Tython so so so so badddddddddddddddddddd

3. Sage has force pebbles, sorcerer has force lighting which is also does elemental damage...

4. Faster animations/abilities, for instance vanguard stockstrike hits later than the powertech mirror, also as the op said mortar strike doesnt do damage for 1-2 seconds when the powertech version shoots straight away.

5. Biased marketing, the Sith were made out to be awesome, I mean out of the 3 trailers they dominate in 2 of them and even in the "Hope" one they are still barely defeated... I wanted to play them, the only reason i didn't was because I knew it would be overpopulated.

Yes I am and its not ridiculous I've never seen populations this bad in a MMO... reason being.

1. Better Stories

2. Better starting worlds...Tython so so so so badddddddddddddddddddd

3. Sage has force pebbles, sorcerer has force lighting which is also does elemental damage...

4. Faster animations/abilities, for instance vanguard stockstrike hits later than the powertech mirror, also as the op said mortar strike doesnt do damage for 1-2 seconds when the powertech version shoots straight away.

5. Biased marketing, the Sith were made out to be awesome, I mean out of the 3 trailers they dominate in 2 of them and even in the "Hope" one they are still barely defeated... I wanted to play them, the only reason i didn't was because I knew it would be overpopulated.

i'm pretty sure lightning is kinetic, same as sage pebbles.

i'm pretty sure lightning is kinetic, same as sage pebbles.

Nope, it's energy, but there's no difference between energy and kinetic mitigation, so... Doesn't matter.

The problem with Project gets worse once you put the three magic points into your balance tree to give you a chance of launching two rocks at once. Then the delay is even greater, as I need to wait for my character to pull another broken droid from the ground and toss both almost simultanously.

Regards,

Kalantris

there is nothing "mirror" about any of the classes besides maybe jg/jugg

agents-faster animations than smuggs=more dps

bh=unkillable....heal.....heal......heal.....heal and incredible dps in one-trooper slower animations

sorcs-insta cast garbage, even more survivable than my champed tank guardian, lol......heals....bubbles, sprints...lol-sages kinda the same, but again slower animations

sins? ez mode 3 button mashers-disappearing act when they are bads.

throw in great armor design, better stories compared to republics god awful armor and pathetic stories and you have a huge lean of favortism from devs.

i saw it coming tbh, if you followed the developement you can see the subtle bias in the devs videos and commentaries. only reason im rep is cause my guild went rep :cool: