The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I feel like I've been tricked by EA/BioWare!

Derity

As a paying customer, I feel I have been wrongfully guided and misled into purchasing a product under false advertising.

The advertisement of the Early Game Access led me and I'm sure many others, to believe that we were paying for the right to play the game from the 15th of December.

I am not a long-time follower of this game, I only preordered the game yesterday. The preorder cost me £45 on origin.com, I only paid extra as I was led to believe this was the only way I would gain early access to the game.

Following the community today however, it seems a lot has changed. Players are being let in today and I have heard (what I hope to be) rumors of some players like myself, only being let in on the 19th. Giving us one day of early access.

£5 for one day of game-time.

This is outrageous and I hope that I can get a refund if this is what I am expected to be paying for, against terms that I was suckered into believing.

The advertisement of the Early Game Access led me and I'm sure many others, to believe that we were paying for the right to play the game from the 15th of December.

*looks at calendar*

I literally have nothing to say to you besides two things:

1 -- Learn the definition of the word "may"

2 -- Learn how to read a calendar

It's only a rumor. They're letting players into the game as quickly as possible; if there are no hiccups you might even be invited by the 15th. That said, the advertised early access period was up to 5 days, meaning 5 or less. Even if you were to get only 1 day of early access, they will have still fulfilled their promise.

As a paying customer, I feel I have been wrongfully guided and misled into purchasing a product under false advertising.

I am not a long-time follower of this game, I only preordered the game yesterday. The preorder cost me £45 on origin.com, I only paid extra as I was led to believe this was the only way I would gain early access to the game.

Following the community today however, it seems a lot has changed. Players are being let in today and I have heard (what I hope to be) rumors of some players like myself, only being let in on the 19th. Giving us one day of early access.

This is outrageous and I hope that I can get a refund if this is what I am expected to be paying for, against terms that I was suckered into believing.

considering they moved the early access date up by 2 days giving a potential of 7 days early access i dont think anyone has the right to complain at all.they likely did it in order to stop the crying from people just like you who ordered it yesterday and are mad they dont get the same benefit as someone who actually READ the early access information....

so I say to you good sir..

thank you for complaining..if I get extra time because of it..it is all good.

im not gonna say what im thinking, or i would get banned from forums

But:

- its the 13th today, and you still have no clue if you are getting into game before the 15th, still you complain

- EVERYWHERE its clearly stated that early game access is up to 5 days, until recently when bioware decided to give everyone extra days and start the 13th, still you complain

- you are a member for the forums since december, and think you are entiteld the same pre-access game time as people who bought the game on day 1?

Please do some more reading before opening threads that has no basis at all

Edited by Ergos

LOL the 5 you paid was not for the right to play the game, it was a deposit on your pre-order.....the 5 will be subtracted from your total price not added on......lol

They more than likley added the two extra days of early access to allow everyone to get the UP TO 5 DAYS they advertised.

So it looks to be people who pre-ordered July-Aug will get in today on Dec 13th, people who ordered Sept-Oct get in on the 14th. And last but not least orders from Nov-Dec will get in on the 15th.

Don't throw a fit and start posting BS until the 15th comes and your not in

There is no emotion, there is peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no chaos, there is harmony

There is no death, there is the Force.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

The Force shall free me.