Are these graphics normal for everything maxed out?

KetMalice

Thank you for painting a frownie face on my forehead.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5/KetMalice/Screenshot_2012-01-13_00_13_30_265410.jpg

Thank you for....whatever "this" is, I guess an ant?

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5/KetMalice/Screenshot_2012-01-13_00_14_45_176695.jpg

Actually a decent looking helm if it wasn't so blurry. And also the worst helmet stat wise.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5/KetMalice/Screenshot_2012-01-13_00_12_08_735747.jpg

they left out high-res graphics in a game that cost over 130 million dollars

my phone is capable of better, no joke. if people can turn it off, why did they leave it out? my computer could easily handle high res graphics on toons. it's insulting really. i cant wait till my sub runs out

Why would they have high res textures in the Beta and then take them out when the game launched? Including myself I know of a lot of others that spent a fortune building new computers to run these awesome graphics.

I'm never one to get mad at the "big company". But isn't this pretty dang close to a bait and switch thing? I mean if there was a problem rendering high res textures because of the amount of people wouldn't they know that during beta also?

All of their "gameplay" videos have high res textures, including the new ones they put out for the new content. That seems pretty shady.

Edited by KetMalice

Uh.. those ARE the high resolution textures. They only show up in three places: cutscenes, the character creation screens, and the character selection screens (which is where those images were taken).

That's.. just what they look like.

Edited by Apax

Those pics in the OP were taken of characters in the character select screen.

Models in the character select screen are displayed with High-res textures.

Those pics are not high-res renderings.

Conclusion: No, those pics are not high res, and thus not "maxed out".

Uh.. those ARE the high resolution textures. They only show up in three places: cutscenes, the character creation screens, and the character selection screens (which is where those images were taken).

if those are the high res, I have an invisible boat i'd like to sell you

No, this is blatantly false. Those pics were definitely not high-res, and since character select models are always displayed high-res, it proves that the computer they were taken on was not set to high.... whether due to lying or error, it doesn't matter.

my phone is capable of better, no joke. if people can turn it off, why did they leave it out? my computer could easily handle high res graphics on toons. it's insulting really. i cant wait till my sub runs out

that makes two of us.

No, this is blatantly false. Those pics were definitely not high-res, and since character select models are always displayed high-res, it proves that the computer they were taken on was not set to high.... whether due to lying or error, it doesn't matter.

Awesome man, I have AA 8 forced. And everything is on High. That is what my stuff looks like, don't know what to tell you. The graphics are a joke. Also if you haven't noticed some gear just has no high res texture-or it is just pretty much crap.

Another thing, jump and watch your leg's textures, it switches to low graphics settings for the pants. A lot of emotes and actions changes the "settings" and shows low graphics on certain pieces of gear.

I am sad to say a monkey flinging poo at a keyboard coded the graphics.

Edited by KetMalice

The textures can't go any higher or the game would lag on EVERY PC.

The graphics are gorgeous as they are, anyway. I don't see what the problem is. Stop QQing.

They aren't, they're slightly below average, it would lag beacuse the engine wasn't designed to handle it properly.

See what bioware can really do when they optimize for a system far less powerful than even aged PCs

http://download.xbox.com/content/images/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5307e8/1033/screenlg15.jpg

Ummm....The game looks great, what the heck started all of this nonsense? The fact our cinematic's have a higher resolution? That really surprises & bothers people???? Jeez...

Looking at these screens I almost want to say this is a troll thread; as my characters look far higher resolution then that...

Edited by Jesira

I cant wait for your sub to be up too. Maybe one less person qqing on the forums because we all know

/Sarcasm

Graphics > Fun/gameplay

/sarcasm

I cant wait for your sub to be up too. Maybe one less person qqing on the forums because we all know

/Sarcasm

Graphics > Fun/gameplay

/sarcasm

That's not the point, and it seems you fanboys are unable to think for yourselves.