Comparing Tier 11 WoW gear "graphics" to a lvl 11 Inquisitor is not being honest

Ikonik

I have absolutely no clue what you guys are complaining about. WoW has looked the same since 2004 with only very minor changes here and there. You guys act like this issue is only a SWTOR issue. It's not. WoW has looked like garbage for a long, long time.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r277/UnruheEndlos/TORWOWComparison.jpg IS NOT BEING HONEST.

In absolutely no way, shape or form does my TOR toon look ANYTHING like the one in the screen shot. Are there high res issues? Sure. They've admitted as much. But there's no way ANYTHING in this game looks as bad as the pic in the above screen shot.

That's dishonest and WAY too easy to call anyone out on.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW looked bad back in 2004 because that was what was technologically possible. They have come a long way with a very old game engine. Seeing new MMOs lacking in some categories at launch is to be expected. Seeing an MMO lacking in all categories and the ones they bragged about not being that interesting (sage storyline and LS/DS choices) is a bit disheartening.

Ok, go take a screen of your character away from the holo and post it side by side please?

Listen, if you're toon looks like THAT in the link I provided, you have more issues than graphics. NO WAY does ANYTHING in my game look that bad.

Whoever posted that side by side was being dishonest and biased. Graphics look better than 99% of MMOs out.

I have absolutely no clue what you guys are complaining about. WoW has looked the same since 2004 with only very minor changes here and there. You guys act like this issue is only a SWTOR issue. It's not. WoW has looked like garbage for a long, long time.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r277/UnruheEndlos/TORWOWComparison.jpg IS NOT BEING HONEST.

In absolutely no way, shape or form does my TOR toon look ANYTHING like the one in the screen shot. Are there high res issues? Sure. They've admitted as much. But there's no way ANYTHING in this game looks as bad as the pic in the above screen shot.

That's dishonest and WAY too easy to call anyone out on.

don't worry the rainbow armor is in the mail!

BWAHAHAHAHAH NOPE! Because NOTHING looks like that in my game. EVER. Again, you aren't being honest.

Real easy to capture a screenshot, view it, scroll in, capture it, save it, upload it, share it.

HABAHEHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. HWHAHAHAAAJAJAJAJAHAHAH. No way. Absolutely no way. BWAHAHAHAH. Playing on an ACER bro?

BWAHAHAHAHAH NOPE! Because NOTHING looks like that in my game. EVER. Again, you aren't being honest.

Real easy to capture a screenshot, view it, scroll in, capture it, save it, upload it, share it.

HABAHEHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. HWHAHAHAAAJAJAJAJAHAHAH. No way. Absolutely no way. BWAHAHAHAH. Playing on an ACER bro?

Would like to see a screenshot of your character.

I don't understand what message you're trying to communicate here.

Oh I'm sorry was I supposed to say that the cheesy, overcompensating armor looks better than realistic, lore-based armor? Sorry wow graphics always have been and will continue to be horrible. I'm glad I can actually make an attractive human male for once.

http://img.xrmb2.net/images/633552.jpeg

http://img.xrmb2.net/images/433124.jpeg

Hmm... for all Biodrones, it´s not about the colours or smth. It´s just that the Armortextures in SWTOR are very blurry/unsharp. It´s funny because it somehow depends on what Gear you carry, some looks decent and some like Minecraft. For example my Companion looks good or atleast better then my armor does.

WOW looked bad back in 2004 because that was what was technologically possible. They have come a long way with a very old game engine. Seeing new MMOs lacking in some categories at launch is to be expected. Seeing an MMO lacking in all categories and the ones they bragged about not being that interesting (sage storyline and LS/DS choices) is a bit disheartening.

That is false, 2002 Lineage 2 had better graphics then WoW in 2004 did. Technologically it was possible to have better graphics they choose not to have it.

I don't have WoW installed at the moment but you can preview armor on WoWhead so here's a closer view of WoW's armor.

WoW leveling armor - http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/1034/wowarmor.jpg

TOR leveling armor - http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/1466/screenshot2012011115012.jpg

Keep in mind that this armor was introduced in 2008 for Wrath of the Lich King. Maybe later if I'm bored enough, I'll go take a screenshot of some Cataclysm armor sets.

Oh I'm sorry was I supposed to say that the cheesy, overcompensating armor looks better than realistic, lore-based armor? Sorry wow graphics always have been and will continue to be horrible. I'm glad I can actually make an attractive human male for once.

We're not talking about the style of armor. We're talking about the texture quality, which is far superior in any other "AAA" game.

We're not getting a high setting for this game because supposedly our computers just can't handle it, man, even though every other MMO I've played in the past eight years have had high resolution textures in them.

Edited by BadgeredMushroom

Listen, if you're toon looks like THAT in the link I provided, you have more issues than graphics. NO WAY does ANYTHING in my game look that bad.

Whoever posted that side by side was being dishonest and biased. Graphics look better than 99% of MMOs out.

I agree. I have my settings on low and my character looks way better than that as well.

I will however also say that I agree with the OP. The game is really rather wretched looking. I personally felt SWG had better graphics in a LOT of regards. Their texture quality and bump mapping was infinitely better.

This game has beautiful worlds but most everything else that isn't static is ugly and unrefined. Whatever. I really want to enjoy the game so I'll just ignore it and drive on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.