People resubscribing at a very high rate

JediMasterShake

From this article with James Ohlen:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-12-bioware-swtor-post-mortem-its-more-innovative-than-an-fps

The people who are playing the game, the reception we're getting right now - the desire to resubscribe is exceptionally high, higher than we thought it would be. We thought it was going to be high, but it's very very good. So we're quite pleased.

So....is he referring to all of the people who didn't immediately cancel their subscription once they gave bioware their payment information?

Wasn't that part of setting up your account? Where could he possibly be pulling these numbers from?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Ohlen I'm noticing has got Peter Molyneux syndrome. In that he hypes and says things sometimes, I feel, without stopping for a moment to actively think before he speaks.

He's been doing a lot of interviews and in more than a couple I have shook my head a few times.

Not saying people are not continuing with their second month subscription payments. Yet, I think it is too early to actually talk about people continuing until at least the 20th or later as that is when the majority of people, I'm guessing, actually started their free month and thus going into later days of January before payments are processed. Still plenty of time for the cancellations and what not, who knows what could happen between now and the payment date.

It's really hard to say on this.Ohlen could be looking at initial response the first week or so and just now giving a public response.It also could be from the last week,who know's?

Different ways to look at it.

Let's say they expected 1.4 mill sales during holidays and 900k to sub the 2nd month.

Let's say they actually had 1.9 mill sales and 1 mill to sub 2nd month.

I'm not saying this is how it is going,I'm just showing a possibility that could at the same time get this response from Ohlen,that's all.Many ways it can be perceived.

all hype and their will be alot of people forgetting they had to have a subscription set up and will auto matically get billed. oh somepeople will be mad too that they will get caught for the extra month because they forgot to cancel

lol funny man , yea thats the ticket.

all hype and their will be alot of people forgetting they had to have a subscription set up and will auto matically get billed. oh somepeople will be mad too that they will get caught for the extra month because they forgot to cancel

haha I've done that. I forgot once that I still had my subscription for EQ II going for over a year! I tend to forget small details that are relatively unimportant to me though. I enjoyed EQ II enough to be alright with forking over so much cash to them. After that though, I built up a very good habit of checking my purchases on my card at least weekly.

By day 6 you'll be bored.

By day 12 you will resubscribe.

current = League of legends,starcraft2,WoW, CoD, blazblu.

upcoming = d3, cs:go, everytime 2 weeks new champs on LoL

Nah people won't get bored plenty of other engaging fun games to play.

By month 6 they will have merged servers.

By month 12, the game will be free to play.

I doubt the FTP, but yes. 6months for server merge. 1 year till NGE.

Honestly I like the game. but its nothing special, and there are many issues.

Surely it would be more believable after the renewal date has passed?

Lol. Agreed. They cannot possibly make such an assessment right now.

Furthermore, James statements are only believable after a few months have passed. Until then, his words cannot possibly have any shred of credibility. Subscribing for one month after launch is hardly anything "to write home about".

James, if the game has a VERY decent sub level 6 months after launch as it did AT launch, then your words will be more believable.

Edited by Tarka

rt know if and only they were going to work nightr and day on most important stuff that needs to be fixed with game they are running out of time because of new games comming out so the community is sure to peak then drop and nothing you ar i can do. the way i see it is they are going to say whatever they can to get people to subscribe and say they are fixing the game untill they are outa this financial mess