Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why is there NO Search feature

Raytal

My guess is lazy. They HAD search feature, but turned it off right before they wiped the forums. The forums came back, but the search feature hasn't made another appearance. Why, I dunno. Like I said, my guess is lazy. I wouldn't throw inept out the window either.

Because they suck and won't pay for a decent forum.

So we are stuck with this rubbish and they keep disabling search. Equally as bad as making the forum read only during maintenance.

If it can't cope wiht the traffic get a better service/server space.

During the head start period they removed the search feature and said that it would return after they completed necessary maintenance on the forums. That was nearly a month ago. If you're wondering why it's taking so ridiculously long to complete, you're not alone.

Yeah, but at least we got a game patcher that of course -- doesn't patch. But whose counting. Come on Devs a search feature is basic math.

During the head start period they removed the search feature and said that it would return after they completed necessary maintenance on the forums. That was nearly a month ago. If you're wondering why it's taking so ridiculously long to complete, you're not alone.

That certainly explains why there is no search function here, thank you. A totally irrelevant site has one, so no need for SWTOR to have one too. Makes sense.

No, but rather than whine about it, use the proposed solution until it gets fixed.

No, but rather than whine about it, use the proposed solution until it gets fixed.

No, that is not the answer.

I'm sorry, but what exactly is wrong with people these days? It's not working. Suggesting people use Google "until it gets fixed" ignores the fact that

1) they don't appear to be planning to fix it

2) they have a major forum for a major game without a search function and expect us to take them seriously when they claim to care about the community.

Oh, and one more thing: the Dev Tracker functions off the same php as search, IFRC. It isn't "broken", they disabled it. Why?

No, that is not the answer.

I'm sorry, but what exactly is wrong with people these days? It's not working. Suggesting people use Google "until it gets fixed" ignores the fact that

2) they have a major forum for a major game without a search function and expect us to take them seriously when they claim to care about the community.

Oh, and one more thing: the Dev Tracker functions off the same php as search, IFRC. It isn't "broken", they disabled it. Why?

Geeeeez, try and help some people these days :rolleyes:

Next time I'll just keep my temporary solution to myself while you struggle without any means to search the forums.

1. Yes, because they have said that they are not ever going to re enable forum search haven't they? Lack of response does not equal denial.

2. Search has broken a lot of forums over the years. Would you rather have no functioning search and working forums, or functioning search and broken forums? Which of these two options shows more care for the community?

I do agree with you on one point. What exactly is wrong with people these days? Would you honestly prefer not to use a suggested and easy to use workaround and instead just complain about it?

Please do not excuse their behavior. Let them speak for themselves. Let them be proactive. They are getting paid to do a job, and if they can't do it, they should talk about it.

They removed it during release because so many people were having to access the forums to add security questions and the like. It was to ease the stress on the website.

as we all know, that time is long past. There was even a thread about it about a week back, and a moderator said it would be put back in soon. But the fact that we are at January 12th and it still isn't working says very little about the whole company.

It really is a shame they have fallen down on the job so badly in the area of the community. Given that they should have known, it makes no sense that they don't take care of things, or at least communicate about them. Too many other games have failed for that simple reason.

Edited by Appletaz

Hey there,

We are closing this thread as there is no room for a constructive discussion. The search feature was disabled temporarily. We do know it is a frustrating experience and we appreciate your patience. In the meantime, if you are experiencing difficulty in finding a post from a developer we do have the Dev Tracker available to assist you in regards to finding developer posts.

Though it isn't optimal, you can use search engines at this time to also find threads and posts.

Edited by Trineda