Commandos under powered

SamWinchest

Who said Commandos are UP? I've only heard endless whining about mercs/commandos being too strong. Of course, the people complaining we're too strong don't know what an interupt is but still. We're fine, we do good damage if we're ignored and we're hard to kill if we get jumped and can do decent damage with our instant casts while running. Edited by LordKivlov

Well yes, they are underpowered compared to a level 50 sage. Then again, so is every class other than the Inquisitor. If your concerned about playing a less powerful class, I suggest you just roll an Inquisitor as an alt, or roll another sage, I suspect that is your only option :)

Not sure what aspect of the game you are asking about, since you didn't mention it. In PvE we are OK, not under powered. But in PVP Commando outright SUCKS. If you get jumped by a stealther, and I am not even talking about Operative, let's say you get jumped by an Assasin you can't do anything. Well, you can try, but there is no chance you gonna beat him. Same if you are jumped by Marauder or so. We have very few options to get away. Knockback with snare on 30 secs cooldown, shockstrike Lolz and full auto slows target for 2 seconds.

So yeah in PvP Commandors are very under powered.

They are under powered in PVP cause they are a support class not really ment for a 1v1 situation. But PVE wise the dps is insane. But this game and like all MMO's are not based around 1v1 combat. I can beat melee even when the get the jump somtimes. But you are right most of the time they are hard to peel off of ya.

They are under powered in PVP cause they are a support class not really ment for a 1v1 situation. But PVE wise the dps is insane. But this game and like all MMO's are not based around 1v1 combat. I can beat melee even when the get the jump somtimes. But you are right most of the time they are hard to peel off of ya.

its true that they support very well and maybe they're designed to do that.

that they dont 1v1 well is just plain not true.

its true that they support very well and maybe they're designed to do that.

that they dont 1v1 well is just plain not true.

If melee gets the jump on you its tough to recover but if the 1v1 starts with a gap between you 2 or you have your cds then yes i beat alot of melee just have to learn how to kite. Range classes arent for everyone so a decent PVPer may not succeed. Im not saying I dont fair well just the population in general.

Edited by DjB-rain

I'm level 37 now on my Commando and I haven't had very many problems. I'm rolling DPS(Gunnery). Of course were going to have problems when a melee class is close(thats how it should be). If you are, fix your rotation when they are close and target melee classes first when they are coming at you(use concussion charge/stockstrike/full auto mixed with well timed grav rounds and high impact).

I usually grav round them twice, concussion charge(after they either leaped on you or are on you), grav round, full auto(after they are moving normal speed), stock strike, lightning, then grav till they are dead.

The only change that I would like is for Full Auto to slow for 1 second longer.

I usually grav round them twice, concussion charge(after they either leaped on you or are on you), grav round, full auto(after they are moving normal speed), stock strike, lightning, then grav till they are dead.

The only change that I would like is for Full Auto to slow for 1 second longer.

Two grav rounds and the GCD is 4 seconds. They'll be on you well before then, they way I have experienced it.

Edited by Laserstrike

Because Full Auto has such a terrible animation timing, your first hit with it isn't until a little while into the channel and then the snare takes a quarter of a second after that to actually slow them down. You need to be full autoing them while they're still snared or they're going to be right back to face hugging you.

What full auto needs is for the snare to be additive instead of just refreshing duration (so you can get 6 seconds out of it instead of roughly 3.5) and for the damage to hit right when your bullets first hit.

A tactic that I found useful in 1v1 world pvp while questing is to use concussion charge on their companion. Nobody ever seems to do this to me and I find that it often tips the scales in my favor. They.have no way to wake it up!