Slave to your companion

crushingbush

Really unfortunate you can't choose to have a companion, game is difficult enough you have to have one, because I really hate having to deal with one.

And its not bad enough you have to use one or die, but you are completely reliant on them to keep you alive, so basically this game forces you to rely on AI to play. Just sucks this is the route Bioware chose leaving the player with no real choice in the matter..putting your play in the hands of AI.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really unfortunate you can't choose to have a companion, game is difficult enough you have to have one, because I really hate having to deal with one.

And its not bad enough you have to use one or die, but you are completely reliant on them to keep you alive, so basically this game forces you to rely on AI to play. Just sucks this is the route Bioware chose leaving the player with no real choice in the matter..putting your play in the hands of AI.

Yeah, this is an issue for sure. Time will tell if the companion aspect of the game turns out to be an overall pro or con.

I hear WoW is losing sunscribers so I'm sure they have lots of server space available for you. Laters!

No it doesn't. Use of a companion of optional.

1 on 1 you can take anyone, even a couple of levewls above you. If you want to do content that requires more than one combatant then you can always form a group.

doing class quests i dont think your logic works but good try

Edited by Hingster

I find the companion a brillant innovation. It allows both solo players and group players to play the same game with neither being at a real disavantage. As a solo player I think this is a great solution to a complex design problem. Edited by Owsley

I find the companion a brillant innovation. It alows both solo players and group players to play the same game with neither being at a real disavantage. As a solo player I think this is a great solution to a complex design problem.

exactly a complex design flaw actually and one that people will say is good but deep down those npc suck

I find the companion a brillant innovation. It allows both solo players and group players to play the same game with neither being at a real disavantage. As a solo player I think this is a great solution to a complex design problem.

I'm saying not really having a choice in the matter is what sucks, If you like having one Great! But I hate them, but the game can't be played without them, or you Die!

No it doesn't. Use of a companion of optional.

1 on 1 you can take anyone, even a couple of levewls above you. If you want to do content that requires more than one combatant then you can always form a group.

What? Have you gotten very far past level 20? The pets are required to level in this game, specially in the 40s. Sometimes you even need a specific pet to get a job done ... and no im not talking about attempting Heroics by yourself.

Nothing you can do OP. They said everyone in the game is a pet class and youre pretty much stuck with it at one time or another if you want to play a Star Wars MMO.

Edited by MasterKayote

Did someone play the intro quests for you? You can easily play without your companion as long as you're not trying to take on elites or multiple strong enemies.

which class is your main? i leveled a sith mara and need help from somewhere 30 and on to barely complete class quests

Its a AI character exactly my point your life is in the hands of a NPC.

No, it's not. Their life is in YOUR hands. I've never died because my companion didn't do what I wanted him to.

And in case your rage blinded you to the obvious, you can manually control your companion.

Edited by EllipticSmile

Yeah, this is an issue for sure. Time will tell if the companion aspect of the game turns out to be an overall pro or con.
Companions do enhance gameplay, but their constant presence supplants traditional MMO gameplay while also engendering bad habits, and when added with the ezmode quest tracking system, these two features serve to make the game entirely single-player, except where BW explicitly demands grouping.

I hope its not a feature that other developers copy and take to excess, just as BW took instancing to excess, as it's a really cool single player feature that's completely out of place in an MMO.

Edited by Ansultares

No, it's not. Their life is in YOUR hands. I've never died because my companion didn't do what I wanted him to.

And in case your rage blinded you to the obvious, you can manually control your companion.

You love the companion great! I'm glad but, why can't I have the choice to play the game without them? And don't say you do because you can't level without dying constantly without your companion.

I feel for my companion a lot. Usually they die waaaaaay before I do. They sacrifice themselves without question and here you are complaining about them.

i only feel something when my companion dies is because im next, could care less its not like a real person in a raid group

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.