SWTOR Single panel Webcomic

Pontius_Morgan

Why do you say that transfers were a success "for the destinations at least"? Things were better before the transfers on my destination server, I could actually do dailies before, can't anymore. And its so much more laggy.

Other than that its fine and I don't do dailies that often anyways, but the whole point of transfers was to help out the origin people. So I am just a little confused why you put that.

Edited by Icebergy

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you say that transfers were a success "for the destinations at least"? Things were better before the transfers on my destination server, I could actually do dailies before, can't anymore. And its so much more laggy.

Other than that its fine and I don't do dailies that often anyways, but the whole point of transfers was to help out the origin people. So I am just a little confused why you put that.

The reason I said it was a success for the Destination Servers is because they received a huge influx of players. As you mentioned, doing dailies, OPs, WZs and FPs are so much easier. I like spending my time playing these features instead of spending my time looking for a group. My stuff now sells on the AH, I've gained several pieces of high end gear and my WZ ranking and gear have been vastly improved.

I have sincere doubts that any of this would have happened had I not transferred.

I don't mean to sound pessimistic or negative in any way. I think the free transfers were great and helped to breathe new life into the game for some players who would have cancelled otherwise.

Thanks for reading the comic and commenting, you rock.

Awesome stuff to read at work =]. Went from page 1 to here in a few hours. There's been a bit of a lack of ideas posted lately it seems, so here's some things off the top of my head:

How about a comic commenting on the current class balance in a funny way?

General MMO "Boss ignores the guys doing tons of damage because the tank called his momma fat (taunt)" joke?

More action-y sequence of a Merc being useless in PvP (i.e. raining down all the ordnance at his disposal as the other guy just flies through the air towards him, unfazed).

Moar Mako!

Something about the Augment Kit craze that happened and having to pay ridiculous money for a small device that is a DIY project that essentially just puts a slot in your armor that can hold something else? I.E. A drill.

Awesome stuff to read at work =]. Went from page 1 to here in a few hours. There's been a bit of a lack of ideas posted lately it seems, so here's some things off the top of my head:

How about a comic commenting on the current class balance in a funny way?

General MMO "Boss ignores the guys doing tons of damage because the tank called his momma fat (taunt)" joke?

More action-y sequence of a Merc being useless in PvP (i.e. raining down all the ordnance at his disposal as the other guy just flies through the air towards him, unfazed).

Moar Mako!

Something about the Augment Kit craze that happened and having to pay ridiculous money for a small device that is a DIY project that essentially just puts a slot in your armor that can hold something else? I.E. A drill.

I have something in the works about the augments (poor Blizz :( ) Of course, Mako is sure to be there. I like the idea of the Merc dmg, might have to roll that one up.

And just a quick reply to tell you that we - the silent readers - enjoy this webcomic thread and wish that it continues to infinity ... and beyond

Yes us silent readers really do enjoy it. For a character submission, should I PM you the picture?

And just a quick reply to tell you that we - the silent readers - enjoy this webcomic thread and wish that it continues to infinity ... and beyond

Thanks, I will keep doing them as long as I can. I appreciate all you silent readers as well :)

&

Yes us silent readers really do enjoy it. For a character submission, should I PM you the picture?

Thanks, for the character commissions, I would prefer you send the pics and what you want to my email

Ok, it's contest time again,

Caption this:

http://www.theminionslayers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Karagaas.jpg

The Rules:

I will be posting this on Friday, so please have all entries done and sent to me by Thursday, 8pm CST.

Please send them to my email address, pontiusmorgan@gmail.com

Once I have all the entries, I will pick my top 3-5, post the dialogue, and make a poll on my site. The person with the most votes by Sunday night, 10pm CST, will win.

You do not need to send a mock up, just the dialogue is fine. Just please make sure I know who is saying what.

The Prize:

A writing credit.

A code for a Taun Faun pet.

Or, If you are on the Shadowlands server, I can send you 100k credits, if you do not want the pet code.

Slight change in plans, I will be posting the comic entries tomorrow morning, but still adhering to the Sunday voting deadline.

So, there is still time to get your submissions in to pontiusmorgan@gmail.com

Hurry for a chance to win a Taun Fawn code or 100k credits (if you are on Shadowlands)

http://www.theminionslayers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/contest_1.jpg