[Flamesuit On] The 1 Thing WoW Does Best

hoilandms

Okay, before we jump to conclusions, this is not a ToR bash thread or a WoW love fest. I am loving ToR and will continue to subscribe for many months.

However, there is one thing that I totally wish ToR would implement that WoW does wonderfully...

Ability UI procs.

To be fair, I have only played EQ and WoW, so if some other MMO implemented this first, credit should go to them and then WoW copying them. Needless to say, ToR needs to copy this.

What am I talking about? I am talking about how in WoW as a resto druid for example, you get an instant Regrowth proc, a UI image flashes around your character so you know it just happened and you can react as fast as possible.

This is an amazing feature and is more of a quality life type UI / ability enhancement. But it sorely needs to be added to this game.

I play a Bounty Hunter and I don't want to be looking at my hotbar for when my Rocket Punch procs and refreshes.

***Yes, I know addons can solve this, but the way Blizzard implemented this feature for certain core abilities was very well done.***

Agreed, Aion does something similar as well for it's ability chains. The ability that is suddenly avaialable shows up just to the right of the character model in the screen, just outside of normal combat to avoid obscuring yet still "in your face" so you know whats ready to go.

Sadly this will be something we might not see for several years, considering they don't even have basic UI functions in the game yet.

This statement was pulled directly out of your butt.

The fact is that BW knows that the community demands UI customization and it will be implemented in time. I'd give it three months.

Sadly this will be something we might not see for several years, considering they don't even have basic UI functions in the game yet.

Just need bioware to open up the API and let the community do it. I kid you not all of wows ui improvements have come around because of mods.

Actually that is not what WoW does best.

It is the char Responsiveness and how smooth overall movement of your char is WoW does best.

No other game have managed to do that, all other games feel clunky compared, sadly WoW fails in oh so many other ways.

This statement was pulled directly out of your butt.

The fact is that BW knows that the community demands UI customization and it will be implemented in time. I'd give it three months.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. I never stated my OPINION as fact. It's more sarcasm than anything else. Sorry, i'll use smilies next time for those too dense to pick up on it.

It is the char Responsiveness and how smooth overall movement of your char is WoW does best.

No other game have managed to do that, all other games feel clunky compared, sadly WoW fails in oh so many other ways.

Mr. Obvious points out the obvious.

Fine, the *2nd* best.

/sigh

That's because WoW has it's own game engine. This will never happen with TOR.

Blizzard went to Beverly Hills for their engine, Bioware picked theirs up on Rollback at Wal-Mart.

How does that make everyone feel? $15/month seems steep now..

Edited by VoXPCS

That's because WoW has it's own game engine. This will never happen with TOR.

Blizzard went to Beverly Hills for their engine, Bioware picked theirs up on Rollback at Wal-Mart.

How does that make everyone feel? $15/month seems steep now..

I can't take you seriously due to your sig saying AMD products are fail...

YOU KNOW NOTHING.

mwahahaha

but you do have a visual indicator of most procs on your character somehow. I never really look at my little buffbar but never missed a proc on wrath or lightning barrage or anything. there are visual indicators to help you, kind of like in the old days of gaming before the "ME ME ME GOTTA HAVE IT NOW" generation ruined games.

The highlight of your thread is another game and what it does. Therefore, your thread is off topic and doesn't belong here. You should retitle it, and put more emphasis on what you don't like about SWTOR and what you want to change. :)

And I'm pretty sure WoW didn't release their product with that feature. I know a bunch of you think all they have to do is clone WoW, but that's not how building a game works. Every feature takes time and money.

Edited by Kourage

The highlight of your thread is another game and what it does. Therefore, your thread is off topic and doesn't belong here. You should retitle it, and put more emphasis on what you don't like about SWTOR and what you want to change. :)

And I'm pretty sure WoW didn't release their product with that feature. I know a bunch of you think all they have to do is clone WoW, but that's not how building a game works. Every feature takes time and money.

WoW definitely did not launch with that feature. Believe it was with Wrath of the Lich King.

What is wrong with copying things that other people do successfully? You don't need to make a "clone" or copy everything. But when a business improves on something that a lot of people welcome and like, it is usually in the best interests of the other businesses to implement the same said feature.

There is nothing wrong with BioWare copying this feature that Blizzard has, honestly, made rather good.

I am glad to have ToR......and Rift, and Eve, and WoW, and the upcoming GW2 and other MMOs.

Why? Competition. Everyone is competing for our dollars, the more competition, the more innovation, and the better product that US THE CONSUMER will have.

Back in the day of old, it was just UO and EQ. I personally loved EQ, but in those days the player base was small. Then Blizzard came along and blew that all to shreds and now the MMO player base is rather large and healthy. Yes, there are a lot more casuals, but that isn't a bad thing. Why? More companies getting into the MMO business and releasing new and fun MMOs. Like I said before, US THE CONSUMER win.

WoW definitely did not launch with that feature. Believe it was with Wrath of the Lich King.

What is wrong with copying things that other people do successfully? You don't need to make a "clone" or copy everything. But when a business improves on something that a lot of people welcome and like, it is usually in the best interests of the other businesses to implement the same said feature.

There is nothing wrong with BioWare copying this feature that Blizzard has, honestly, made rather good.

I am glad to have ToR......and Rift, and Eve, and WoW, and the upcoming GW2 and other MMOs.

Why? Competition. Everyone is competing for our dollars, the more competition, the more innovation, and the better product that US THE CONSUMER will have.

Back in the day of old, it was just UO and EQ. I personally loved EQ, but in those days the player base was small. Then Blizzard came along and blew that all to shreds and now the MMO player base is rather large and healthy. Yes, there are a lot more casuals, but that isn't a bad thing. Why? More companies getting into the MMO business and releasing new and fun MMOs. Like I said before, US THE CONSUMER win.

Because you can't just copy & paste it into your game. You have to develop a system that works with your programming. You have to test it. A lot of things can cause problems or exploits and require a lot of tinkering. You can not simply develop a new game complete with all the advanced features of another MMO. As it is, SWTOR already launched with far more content and features than WoW or AoC.