The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do we make a sig on here? i dont see any options for it other than about me etc..

i want

i paid for http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5...ghtextures.jpg

i got http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8885/mediumyy.jpg

as my sig :)

go to My Account on top of the screen, and scroll down until you see Forum Signature option :D

Edited by Arkulin

WOW....just: WOW.

My PC sleeps while I play this game and yet Bioware forbids me from seeing this because... they are afraid of performance issues?! What performance issues when I run BF 3 64people ultra high at 60 fps and this game in crowded areas at 120fps :eek:

Edited by Sky_walkerPL

I hope they get this sorted out soon, but given that this was in beta and plenty of people had no issues with it at all, why cant you simply put back what you have taken out, put it in an INI file setting, so no one can accidentally enable it and wreck their game play experience.

Another thought (sorry if this has already been stated). Allow hi-res in instances and story areas on ship. these are total control areas, IOW limit the current low (they are not medium, they are low res, they look like &^%$) textures to open world, fleet

Echoing (or repeating perhaps) other sentiments. BW put a "Warning advanced settings may cause system instability and severe performance loss" on the options and perhaps a safe mode restart in the event of a crash and let us decide. The explanation you gave regarding removing HD was absurd.

This.

And this:

Lets face it. Star Wars is largely a visual pleasure, and that should be carried across into the game. Whoever was the idiot that decided that we would be happy with 2007 graphics (and that's being generous) in 2012 needs to be joining the queue at their nearest unemployment office. If it's due to the fact an engine has been chosen that cannot be scaled then that's even worse.

Sum up this whole discussion in best way possible.

Seriously I spent a long time gathering my stationary, tweaking, overclocking etc. etc. Now I have this monster and the game I've been waiting for... well all my life I guess. I just wanna be able to push this beast to the limits with this game, so consider this another plea to allow us to enable the high res textures if we want... along with AA and all the other goodies you can think of! :cool:

has anyone figured out a way to force the high detail models from what i remember from my 4 months in beta the high detail settings worked great and i still had 60 fps or more in most areas

You just made a certain companies irl hit list.

You know what the biggest issue I have with this is? They waited.

This issue was not unknown within the company during the Beta runs. It was there at first, then it was taken away, which means that the right people knew there was something wrong. When that happened, Bioware should have taken the first step and drop this information on the community after forming a clear and concise conclusion, explaining what has gone wrong and why it wouldn't be fixed before launch.

I, and I think a lot of other people, would then have much more respect for the issue and would be willing to wait. While we waited however, Bioware would have to give regular updates on the issue. It wouldn't even be needed to give a timeline for a fix, just an update every now and then.

Sure, you would still have thread after thread of complaints about it. BUT, Bioware would have been the one that put the problem out there, and not leave it in the hands of the customers to find out the problem and bring it to Bioware.

A bug is a bug, but if an issue is known within the company, then it is something that has to be brought to the community. I'm not saying that Reid knew the issue already, often times the people that have to deal with the community are simply the last ones to know, as is the case with nearly every company out there. But others knew, and chose not to reveal the information.

They took the waiting stance here, and that's what upsets me the most. Pro-activeness is one the most important aspects of any company, and that's what they lack.

For me, personally, it's all about the loot. Shiny loot, spiky loot, loot with auras, glitter and funky effects coming off it.

Who the hell wants to raid like mad to be rewarded with a piece of armor that looks like a spastic child handcolored it from a palette made entirely out of dogturd?

And then there's the whole handling of the issue by Bioware.

I left WoW over one specific incident ( there was a buildup of course ) The thing that brought things to a head for me was a developer reply to a post about factions not having the same amount of work put into their quests (alliance players complaining) and the reply went "i love horde, and so does my wife"

I left thinking that at least i'd never again see a mmo company so completely out of step with their own community.

Just goes to show that no matter how low your expectations are, someone will find a way to dissapoint you.

All that BS about "computers not being able to handle it" and "atlases"... come on!

When i fire up RIFT i run at max with 45-60 FPS.

and let's be honest here; this game is pretty f*cking far from the graphical goodness that is rift.

Bottom line is you chose the wrong tool for the job and then lied about it afterwards.

I'll keep playing for a while, waiting for GW2.

When that comes, i'm gone. Maybe even before that.

edit: spehlink.

Edited by Nanoling

I hope they get this sorted out soon, but given that this was in beta and plenty of people had no issues with it at all, why cant you simply put back what you have taken out, put it in an INI file setting, so no one can accidentally enable it and wreck their game play experience.

Another thought (sorry if this has already been stated). Allow hi-res in instances and story areas on ship. these are total control areas, IOW limit the current low (they are not medium, they are low res, they look like &^%$) textures to open world, fleet

Thats a great idea TBH

Enable them but don't change the UI then those who have the technical ability to go find and put the command line to the .ini aka the people you dont feel the need to protect from their own stupidity can at least enable them.