Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I want a Free Month how about You?

LexonLightsaber

I believe you have been misinformed, there is no timeline for a fix on high resolution textures in regards to in game character's design. They are looking into, is all.

Sorry he is right and you have been misinformed, please check dev tracker as stephen reid specifically states some visual fidelity upgrades are going to be in for 1.2 and they are looking into other ways to improve.

That screenshot is from a cinematic in-game. As stated, cinematic scenes use high resolution textures because we have control over how many characters are rendered on-screen at once. This is how the game was always intended to look in cinematics. We did not 'remove' high resolution textures - they were always in the game for use in cinematics.

With that said, thank you for all of your responses. We understand everyone's desires around this issue, and although it's not going to be an overnight fix, as mentioned we're working on addressing this. Many of the suggestions you have made are similar to potential changes the development team is investigating.

I rounded up the development team once more and had another discussion, and wanted to update you with a better timeline and some more precise details on what we're doing right now.

The first major changes will be in our next major Game Update, which will have the version number of 1.2. Those changes will bring greater visual fidelity to your character and those around you, but will still allow for good performance in situations where a lot of characters are on-screen at once. In other words, for those screenshots of your character in their best gear, you should see a marked improvement.

Other potential changes are being discussed right now – as I said, many of which are similar to changes suggested by many of you. As usual, you’ll see these sorts of changes on our Public Test Server before they make it into the live game. Right now we cannot commit to a live date for the 1.2 Game Update, but it will be within Q1 2012.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And you really think that Big Mac you see on TV looks as good in person? Or tastes as good as the commercial makes it seem? :p

Nobody's getting free time for something like this. Can't believe this was even posted.

I do not pay a subscription to a fast food chain to warrant such claims or inconveniences. If i did, then i would expect that particular product to do just that.

Is it written in stone that in order to be giving additional time for free that one has to be impacted from playing the game in literal since of not being able to even load the game from the desktop?

Pretty much, and you know it.

Free game time is given by companies to offset lost play time due to server issues, login issues, or patch issues.

You know this.

I have a job, however that's not the subject of this post. I want a free month how about you?

Not if it allows those who are here to just flame, and aren't going to be paying for that next month, to stay and carry on their crusades.

Lets not enable their ability to destroy the community.

Edited by Fraxture

"something inconvenient; a hindrance, trouble, or difficulty"

how is not having high rez textures fit the definition again? how is it hindering your game play? how is troubling your gameplay? how is it making it difficult to play?

in fact it is just the opposite without those high rez texture it is making your gameplay better, smoother and higher FPS than it would if you had them. I agree hi rez textures should be there but it is not a inconvience by definition.

With the fact that I pay a subscription to a service is how. Any issues that are not my fault could be interpreted as a cause for compensation.

Is it written in stone that in order to be giving additional time for free that one has to be impacted from playing the game in literal since of not being able to even load the game from the desktop?

Oh so you DO know what it REALLY means to be inconvenienced!

And yea, pretty much.

Blizzard game out game time when THEY INTENTIONALLY took down servers for DAYS at a time which WAS an inconvenience to those who wanted to play. And even then, only gave out time equal in days to which the servers were down.

BioWare has not needed to do this at all. Nothing has been inconveniencing. You may WANT Hi-Res, but this has NOT inconvenienced your play, and thus it is FACT, NOT OPINION, that you DO NOT deserve a free MONTH of game time.

/endthread

Edited by DammitCat

Pretty much. Even then, the likelihood of them giving free time is slim-to-none. Go read the TOS. Your argument about the lack of AA somehow disrupting your experience would be at the VERY bottom of the list. Some people have actual issues that keep them from playing. Yours is simply a doodad (one I might add, that you yourself can force via driver settings).

Free game time is given by companies to offset lost play time due to server issues, login issues, or patch issues.

You know this.

Heh. I haven't followed the link in your signature yet, but I suspect the OP should.

Not sure about you but the lack of information and only one concrete fix: Anti-Aliasing in my 20 days of my 30 day free trial has not been adequate representation of this product. Yes they might lose 14,000,000 dollars for giving the one million subscribers another 30 days but i think it would be worth it to show they mean business moving forward. Cause i don't know about you but they haven't proved that yet.

LMAO!! .

Every launch there is one of these guys.

Hey i noticed a tree didn't render correctly on HUTTA I want a free month to compensate.

Priceless !

Edited by GothicSaint

Get a better PC or GPU on that can support this game. EA is not responsible for your lack of investment into hardware to play a game your system seems to be unable to support. If it meets the min specs, expect issues.

what about the people with high end rigs chugging along at 10-15fps? I'm sure its there computers tho~

With the fact that I pay a subscription to a service is how. Any issues that are not my fault could be interpreted as a cause for compensation.

Tell you what, no matter what anyone says to you, you are going to believe what you want to believe whether it is right or wrong. Why don't you j ust simply put in a CSR ticket stating you want a free month for your stated reasons. You will get a droid response with some politically correct wording but the csr agent behind the other keyboard would be laughing.

Or, when the service that you expected falls short of your expectations.

It is an intelligent choice to severe your relationship with the service provider.

If you aren't willing to pay for the product in hand, then don't pay for it at all.

It's a win/win for both parties.

Um... in general...

YES :jawa_biggrin:

So I'm guessing one of two things:

1) You are REALLY bored at work on a slow day

2) You were really spoiled as a child

If BW decided to give a free month to subscribers over Combat Delay, or for the people crashing to Desktop, or the ones who were getting stuck in Taris initally, or even the BH Quest Progression - that would be pretty cool (but I don't think any of those even call for an entire free month of gameplay)...

but a free month because you get some jagged edges on graphics because you are too lazy to use one of the several well-known workarounds?

You wouldn't by chance live under a bridge and try to collect tolls from people who want to cross would you? :jawa_wink:

(Thanks for the laughs though - you are at least very polite in your very silly requests and responses! :jawa_biggrin:)

your lawyer is thata way --------------------------------------------->

Read your ToS that you agree to when you subscribe. Actually, have your lawyer read it and advise you of your actual rights under the terms of your subscription.

Your lawyer wil advise you to drop this frivolous complaint, and drop it now.

Here you go, since you seem to have missed it:

I stand corrected with what i said in regards to them just looking into it. There was obvious a recent development that i was not aware of. However there is still no timeline of when they would fix the issue. That is for Patch 1.2, we still don't have a concrete date for 1.1 and all of its sub categories that go along with it. So i appreciate that information and please accept my apology for doubting your knowledge.

I say NO to the asking for a free month. Every MMo has serious problems when they start up then they make changes and updates some are good and others are what kills the game. Example was Starwars Galaxies. the NGE took all the trials of the game. I would rather see them invest the money into more content bug fixes etc. And no I am not rich just a realist.

Also, protip for the OP:

You aren't really a "subscriber" just yet. You're still utilizing the "free" gametime that came with your $60 purchase. No one is forcing you to subscribe for $15 a month and go without your precious AA (something I haven't used/forced in a game in probably 8+ years because it has literally zero influence on my experience in the game).

what about the people with high end rigs chugging along at 10-15fps? I'm sure its there computers tho~

I do have a high end rig and it plays this game beautifully.

If your chugging along at 10 to 15 fps (which I doubt ,if its a true high end rig).

Then it's some kind of conflict between your hardware,software or drivers and it's would be your fault for not correcting it yourself

If anyone had a lick of english comprehension Stephen Ried never says that hi-res textures will ever be released. What he states is that graphic fidelity will be improved, which could be taken to mean anything and have nothing to do with textures even.

This is false advertising when they used setting that cannot be achieved to make all the promotional material. Using a supercomputer to push out the best screenies possible is perfectly acceptable, since technically i could also build said supercomputer.

They showed these graphics as playable graphics, not cutscenes or cinamatics.

Need proof, just google: pax east swtor

No, they can't. They didn't actually stop you from being able to play, and thus they are not inconveniencing you.

OK, so enlighten me? What's "inconvenient" about low-res textures? And don't try to tell me it's clear and that you explained it in your spam, because it's not clear and you did not explain in any way how you've been "inconvenienced."

There's a reason people disagree with you on this. It's because you're making up a ridiculous claim that's obviously wrong.

Time, is the inconvenience. Time it took me to find out that i was not able to get high resolution textures on my characters. Time it took me to figure out the the settings bar that states high resolution texture was not high. The time it took me to read all the forums to figure out the cause as to why there is no high resolution texture. Time it took me too wait for a response. Time its taking me to forget about the idea that i will not be able to see my armor and weapons in high resolution textures. The time it took me to purchase this game based in part on the graphics of the characters. The time it took me to talk to a customer service rep about high resolution.

I pay a subscription that is based on time, time is what has inconvenienced me. This is one example there are more but will not go into them, like i have stated before.

Not sure about you but the lack of information and only one concrete fix: Anti-Aliasing in my 20 days of my 30 day free trial has not been adequate representation of this product. Yes they might lose 14,000,000 dollars for giving the one million subscribers another 30 days but i think it would be worth it to show they mean business moving forward. Cause i don't know about you but they haven't proved that yet.

lol No.

Greedy.

You know this.

Please provide the official statement from EA/Bioware that states this. I will then concede that there is no merit to my claim.

Time, is the inconvenience. Time it took me to find out that i was not able to get high resolution textures on my characters. Time it took me to figure out the the settings bar that states high resolution texture was not high. The time it took me to read all the forums to figure out the cause as to why there is no high resolution texture. Time it took me too wait for a response. Time its taking me to forget about the idea that i will not be able to see my armor and weapons in high resolution textures. The time it took me to purchase this game based in part on the graphics of the characters. The time it took me to talk to a customer service rep about high resolution.

I pay a subscription that is based on time, time is what has inconvenienced me. This is one example there are more but will not go into them, like i have stated before.

You havent started paying a sub yet. You have done all this with FREE time.

You are in essence, asking for FREE TIME to make up for FREE TIME.

lol