Why no Forum Search Ability?

TitoScott

Why haven't they built in a Forum Search so that we can search for a term and get relevant hits instead of having to scroll page by page?

Does anyone else think that they should have put a little more thought into how the forums work and function for endusers?

I'm not badmouthing, but I am annoyed, because I hate reposting questions others have, but I dont want to scroll through all 1001 pages in the General Forum db just to see if maybe someone else asked the questions I want to ask.

Bioware!!! Please add forum search ability, so that your forums aren't chalk full of people asking the same questions!

Edited by TitoScott

That is like asking why there is no specific search function in the GTN.

Silly man asking for things that should be quite obvious in their need for inclusion.

In before fanboy answering:

"This game is new, give it some time to fix its problem. No other MMO are perfect."

Because HeroEngine doesn't provide forum software....

Seriously though, I agree completely. It makes no sense that Bioware, with all of its resources, should be using forum software that looks and functions worse than forums I used 10 years ago. I'm sorry, but no excuse can be made to justify this...

Because HeroEngine doesn't provide forum software....

Seriously though, I agree completely. It makes no sense that Bioware, with all of its resources, should be using forum software that looks and functions worse than forums I used 10 years ago. I'm sorry, but no excuse can be made to justify this...

No excuse can be made to justify many choices they made with this game. This is just another.

I know that Bioware has their hands full with the game now that it's fully launched, but I would think they'd have a dedicated forums team that would be one part mods and one part devs. I would also have thought that the devs who built the forums would have practical and deep experience building forums.

I know, I know, I know...search is a small part of the overall picture.

I just feel silly asking questions that others may have already asked. But I also don't want to scroll through countless pages (at this point, general forum has over 1000 pages), just to see if someone else has asked.

I'm not a code genius, don't claim to be, but BioWare is paying people to make all aspects of the game, including the forums, run right. I've also been a forums mod off and on for many years and know the backend of running some.

Oh well, I hope they make this fix soon, it's driving me batty! And no, I'm not ************...much..just wondering and hoping aloud! :)

Edited by Paralassa
content

True that search is a small part of the picture, but think about this.

You post in a thread, next day you want to see what responces there are in the same thread, bug you cant remember on what side you posted on.

With a search function you could find your post and start reading from where you left off.

As it is now, you have to look from one end and look at every side until you find your post again.

That is so gosh darne annoying. And if you post in several threads, finding your post and read from there will be a pain and takes forever to find.

Edited by Paralassa
content quote

it is pretty pathetic.

Not hard to implement a search feature. Sends a bad impression of professionalism if it has been months - including beta time here without the feature.

it was actually here during beta. they turned it off with the forum relaunch. (why? that's a totally different question)

Why haven't they built in a Forum Search so that we can search for a term and get relevant hits instead of having to scroll page by page?

Does anyone else think that they should have put a little more thought into how the forums work and function for endusers?

I'm not badmouthing, but I am annoyed, because I hate reposting questions others have, but I dont want to scroll through all 1001 pages in the General Forum db just to see if maybe someone else asked the questions I want to ask.

Bioware!!! Please add forum search ability, so that your forums aren't chalk full of people asking the same questions!

You are right.

But for Bioware it makes no difference.

Threads are often forked into other discussions.

And the same problems are repeated again and again on the first 3 forum pages with the same arguments for and against it.

With or without search function.

I would rather like to have Bioware make a statement about the most recurring

wishes and complains.

Edited by genpion

This is like asking why do we not have high resolution textures for our characters. The answer will not answer the question, actually they have already answered this question. There is a bug associated with the search function, it wasn't working as intended.

This seems like the answer they give for everything, it was a bug that gave people the impression there was a medium settings for textures, bug with AA, one of their customer service reps came down with a bug and that's why you were not responded too, a bug for FPS, a bug for your machine overheating, a bug with the loading screens with each world, a bug with currency exploits, a bug, a bug, a bug. You don;t have to ask anymore questions because the answer will be associated with a bug.

Edited by LexonLightsaber

Dear TitoScott,

You have received a warning at STAR WARS: The Old Republic.

Reason:

-------

Inappropriate Content

Your post was recently edited for violating the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ community Rules of Conduct. Please note that this is just a friendly reminder of the Rules of Conduct - no infraction points have been added to your account!

The derogatory use of the word "******", or any of its variants, is not allowed on the forum.

We appreciate your understanding, and ask that you take a moment to review our Rules of Conduct (http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/rulesofconduct/).

Feel free to contact the Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Team at communitysupport@bioware.com if you have any questions about this message or its contents. Thank you for respecting our position and helping us create a fun and safe environment for our community.

I just feel silly asking questions that others may have already asked. But I also don't want to scroll through countless pages (at this point, general forum has over 1000 pages), just to see if someone else has asked.

So apparently they (Bioware), can edit my posts for "Inappropriate Content", which means they have time to read my posts, because I used a "derogatory term" that is used to reference people who are developmentally challenged while referencing myself, but they don't have time to fix problems...

Now I will say I'm a bit disenchanted.

Edited by TitoScott