Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Will this game have a second free month?

SkateOnTrees

To possibly placate the players that are ready to mass exodus?

I don't buy the whole mass exodus, for one thing. However, if there is indeed going to be an exodus of Biblical proportions on the 20th, I highly doubt offering one more free month would do anything to change their minds. It would just give them 1 more month of trolling the forums for free.

Dude ffxiv was free to play for its first year because of crap launch

It's not like I'm totally crazy here

except that that game launched horribly compared to any game ever. This game has had one of the smoothest launches ever. I have experienced every AAA launch of the past 8 years and in no way am I being bias. just realistic.

Dude ffxiv was free to play for its first year because of crap launch

It's not like I'm totally crazy here

Hah... comparing TOR to FFXIV? As someone who can find positive things in most everything I thought that game was a HUGE mess. Kind of sad really, I hope they can keep turning it around. :p

Even if Bioware gave a free day or two I'd be shocked. I don't feel the launch really warrants much if any free time.

Well it may have escaped American players notice but when the servers are offline European players are losing at LEAST half a days playing every time, hardly fair is it? Especially when you consider this will be the second time in four days that the servers are offline for patches to be applied.

One day a week for maintenance is more that adequate and European servers should be going offline at 3am GMT, not 8am, so they are back up and running for when European players come online. If Bioware wish to build a solid European player base then they will sort this out and run the maintenance times more fairly. Other than that, so far it's a brilliant game and I'm sure bugs will get ironed out over time, not all at once as they are obviously trying to do. All new games, and some established ones have bugs that can take up to 12 months to be sorted out properly, so so long as a GM is on hand to help at all times when things get sticky this shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.