I am a SORC saying Operatives are FINE

Grevilavec

L2P.

I am a level 50 for a week now. And don't have the fortune of playing in a premade 95% of the time. I only have 12760 HP and 328 PVP stat, I am squishy. I've been opened up on by Operatives and still managed to live when my Break Free is up. I then pop a stun or sprint, put on my snare and proceed to kite or just get away after applying a DOT.

If you get punked and die...it happens. Luckily you can respawn. If it is Alderaan, take the side nodes so you can get to the objective faster if Smug/Ops are bothering you. If it is Voidstar....that sucks, hope your healers are on thier game.

Getting hit for 7K sucks, I know. But having 3 dudes face Blast you becuase you are light armor sucks more.

Everyone needs to stop calling out for nerfs all around. When you get stomped, there is a MASSIVE CHance that stomping was a team effort, you just saw one part of the team consitantly show up for the stomping.

L2P.

I am a level 50 for a week now. And don't have the fortune of playing in a premade 95% of the time. I only have 12760 HP and 328 PVP stat, I am squishy. I've been opened up on by Operatives and still managed to live when my Break Free is up. I then pop a stun or sprint, put on my snare and proceed to kite or just get away after applying a DOT.

If you get punked and die...it happens. Luckily you can respawn. If it is Alderaan, take the side nodes so you can get to the objective faster if Smug/Ops are bothering you. If it is Voidstar....that sucks, hope your healers are on thier game.

Getting hit for 7K sucks, I know. But having 3 dudes face Blast you becuase you are light armor sucks more.

Everyone needs to stop calling out for nerfs all around. When you get stomped, there is a MASSIVE CHance that stomping was a team effort, you just saw one part of the team consitantly show up for the stomping.

Bolded the important part.

Sorcs are actually the #1 tank class in the game for PvP.

As we have been discovering, tank shields only deflect weapon damage -- not "internal", "external", "elemental" or "kinetic" damage. Ditto for Defense stats. And armor does not help against "elemental" or "internal" damage.

The Sorc absorb shield is the only thing in the game that actually seems to tank all forms of damage.

So OP being a sorc saying operatives are fine is perfectly expected. He's probably the only class in the game that CAN say this.

Sorcs are actually the #1 tank class in the game for PvP.

As we have been discovering, tank shields only deflect weapon damage -- not "internal", "external", "elemental" or "kinetic" damage. Ditto for Defense stats. And armor does not help against "elemental" or "internal" damage.

The Sorc absorb shield is the only thing in the game that actually seems to tank all forms of damage.

So OP being a sorc saying operatives are fine is perfectly expected. He's probably the only class in the game that CAN say this.

Ya, I don't really get that whole tank thing. When I'm attacking the tank classes I barely scratch them, I'm doing about half damage against anyone tank specced. My force Lightning that crits normal poeple for 800 ish only crits the tanks for 425. Even the non tank classes seem to have a decent amount of mitigation. I don't truely feel like a spell caster able to rip through others defenses, it all seems quite normalized on my end. And I take some massive hits as well, I don't know if all those Jedi knights flock to me like a Moth to flame becuase I'm light armor or becuase if left alone I'm having fun.

My understanding is also that dots all around are not affected by armor and such.

The shield DOES absorb alot, but that is more or less a preventative heal on a 20 sec CD.

The good ones activate their trinket and use force speed and start kiting, heal up and have a chance to kill the op/sc, the bad ones or who have no trinket up just lie on the ground and do nothing. The unlucky ones have no shield up at the moment they get attacked. Edited by BobaFurz

So far, the base argument for anyone in the "Ops are fine" camp is have your 'trinket' cooldown up which really is sad because it's a pretty good example of a house of cards argument.

You live if you have a 2 minute cooldown up, you die if you don't. Wow, that's good balance.

L2P.

Amen ^

I fight 50 sorcs that are geared with my OP that is full Champ.

The good ones destroy me really fast if they have any help and is good enough to live through my 4-6 move barrage.

Even dipping back in stealth I still can be detected easy with a smash, or any aoe move.

People honestly thinks since OP/Scoundrel can burst well that no one can counter it.

I am here to tell you that is false, and there is some really good people that are playing all these classes at 50, that would tell you that a OP is easy once you get up, or you have help, or your team knows what to do.

L2P is the solution to all these crybaby threads.

So far, the base argument for anyone in the "Ops are fine" camp is have your 'trinket' cooldown up which really is sad because it's a pretty good example of a house of cards argument.

You live if you have a 2 minute cooldown up, you die if you don't. Wow, that's good balance.

What do you think happens in other mmorpgs ? Take for example a Warlock in WoW (earlier version) which gets attacked by a rogue, when the Warlock had no trinket up it was almost a free kill for him. PvP trinket was the life saver and very important. If the Rogue was cought unstealthed and had his vanish not up, the warlock did play with him rollercoaster using his fear spell.

Edited by BobaFurz

What do you think happens in other mmorpgs ? Take for example a Warlock in WoW (earlier version) which gets attacked by a rogue, when the Warlock had no trinket up it was almost a free kill for him. PvP trinket was the life saver and very important. If the Rogue was cought unstealthed and had his vanish not up, the warlock did play with him rollercoaster using his fear spell.

So your using other MMO examples of poor design/balance and using it to prove that, in this case, it's fine because it's in other MMO's?

Brilliant.

Edit: It was also ridiculously easy for a Rogue to kill a Warlock (cata) with or without a trinket - if you were even playing.

Edited by Quesa

I was playing a Warlock, Hunter and Rogue but not in Cata, only Vanilla WoW and two months with the first expansion pack. But what I want to say is that other classes are cooldown reliant aswell, not just your class. Edited by BobaFurz

As a SI sc I expected that I was the natural soft target prey for the operative. He is behind the front lines where I am attacking from range. He has a stun lock I have interrupt and knock back. He has vanish I have sprint and AOE.

Do I lose most times if I am opened up on? Yes. But, I want to give myself a chance to outplay that.

Amen ^

I fight 50 sorcs that are geared with my OP that is full Champ.

The good ones destroy me really fast if they have any help and is good enough to live through my 4-6 move barrage.

Even dipping back in stealth I still can be detected easy with a smash, or any aoe move.

People honestly thinks since OP/Scoundrel can burst well that no one can counter it.

I am here to tell you that is false, and there is some really good people that are playing all these classes at 50, that would tell you that a OP is easy once you get up, or you have help, or your team knows what to do.

L2P is the solution to all these crybaby threads.

So they destroy you really fast IF THEY HAVE ANY HELP....I would hope so.

The OP is easy once you get up, or you HAVE HELP, or YOUR TEAM knows what to do....your post pretty much backs up what everyone not playing an Operative is saying, opening burst is too much.

So basically your saying the Operative should be able to solo every class 1 on 1, like he can now, even when out geared.

As a SI sc I expected that I was the natural soft target prey for the operative. He is behind the front lines where I am attacking from range. He has a stun lock I have interrupt and knock back. He has vanish I have sprint and AOE.

Do I lose most times if I am opened up on? Yes. But, I want to give myself a chance to outplay that.

Didnt play my op since a week, but did one BG round just today and attacked a sorc and exactly after the Hidden Strike he used his trinket, used force speed and he was gone. I was lucky my vanish was up otherwise i would have been dead. I did encounter in the last two weeks of pvp maybe two players only who did that, he was one of them.

Edited by BobaFurz

Just today I did attack a sorc and exactly after the Hidden Strike he used his trinket, used force speed and he was gone. I was lucky my vanish was up otherwise i would have been dead. I did encounter in the last two weeks of pvp maybe two players only who did that, he was one of them.

so he had to run, because even when using the trinket a sages health would be too low to engage.

I was playing a Warlock, Hunter and Rogue but not in Cata, only Vanilla WoW and two months with the first expansion pack. But what I want to say is that other classes are cooldown reliant aswell, not just your class.

I'm fine with some classes being more dependent upon cool-downs for a kill or survival, as long as they are built around them, but that doesn't mean having a specific cool-down is required for death vs. another class.

Get a group doesn't factor into it anyway. What if you get a group of 2 people and you then face 2 ops? It's a straw-man argument.

Yea we all know that warlocks facerolled all the UD rogues in vanilla......

Actually any Rogue in vanilla could kill warlocks, i dont know what game you played during vanilla WoW, but it certainly was not World of Warcraft, go watch "World of Roguecraft" should still be up on Youtube.

OT: To say that Scoundrels are fine just because players has a chance due to a 2 min cd ability is just wrong, and even with the stun breaker you still die sometimes, its not like they stop doing damage just because you break out of a stun.

Of course he has to run and this is his chance to kill the op, thats what you do with other classes aswell in certain situation. Take the Shadow, he can use force speed as tactic. The powertech runs to kite opponents...Do you think you can tank as a light armor weare, yeah I know your bubble gives you better tank stats than acutally a tank for a certain amount of damage, but you cant expect to go tow to tow like a warrior, except you are one of these almost undestructable healers.

Yea we all know that warlocks facerolled all the UD rogues in vanilla......

Actually any Rogue in vanilla could kill warlocks, i dont know what game you played during vanilla WoW, but it certainly was not World of Warcraft, go watch "World of Roguecraft" should still be up on Youtube.

OT: To say that Scoundrels are fine just because players has a chance due to a 2 min cd ability is just wrong, and even with the stun breaker you still die sometimes, its not like they stop doing damage just because you break out of a stun.

I dont know what classed did you play in these years or what patch version ..I dont say the class is fine, just give some hints.

Edited by BobaFurz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.