The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few

Chiricahua

In a warzone, isn't it sometimes gratifying to muck up the opposite factions plans, even if it means your sacrifce. I was defending a turret on Alderaan when in the distance I saw a Sith running to our turret. I used force speed to close the gap. No one else joined me. Even though I was only a lvl 24 jedi shadow, and she a lvl 50 Sith, I hit her with every stun and interrupt I had. Then I used telekinetic throw to slow her down again. Of course she killed me, but ultimately the crew protecting the turret prevailed. The match ended early for some reason even though we had a full crew. I only got 1200 XP. I imagine the others got reduced rewards also.

So... instead of engaging a solo opponent on the objective where your interrupts and CC could have benefited the people actually defending the objective, you rushed them like a mouthbreathing backpedler and gave them a medal for killing someone in a 1v1 while accomplishing nothing?

...then came to the forums to discuss how good it made you feel? WOW!

Edited by xMrBill

So... instead of engaging a solo opponent on the objective where your interrupts and CC could have benefited the people actually defending the objective, you rushed them like a mouthbreathing backpedler and gave them a medal for killing someone in a 1v1 while accomplishing nothing?

Do you just type things for the sake of typing? Do you have any idea what you've said?

Or is your grasp on reality completely gone?

I think, you sir, are the "mouthbreathing backpedler" (whatever that is...).

We kept the turret. We were winning. We mucked up their plans. I denied them a gun placement. I did manage to tie her up for a good long while. I think she was mad at being interrupted from her main goal. The point being, the group benefited, even though I lost. I see to many threads in this forum that seem to have the focus on me, me, me, instead of the group as a whole. This is not the first. There have been many instances where I defended a healer from an onslaught for the greater good. Knowing that the time the healer was not in the match would be detrimental to everyone else.

Do you just type things for the sake of typing? Do you have any idea what you've said?

So you would support the notion that when defending a turret it is tactically sound to rush off of the objective to attack anything you see? Then, when noticing that you are losing and noone followed you, that it is tactically sound to continue engaging an enemy who has you outmatched? What was possibly accomplished by doing that?

It is like a new police officer coming back to the office and bragging about how he slept with a ****** who stole all his money and his weapon, then knocked him out and left him for dead.

So you would support the notion that when defending a turret it is tactically sound to rush off of the objective to attack anything you see? Then, when noticing that you are losing and noone followed you, that it is tactically sound to continue engaging an enemy who has you outmatched? What was possibly accomplished by doing that?

It is like a new police officer coming back to the office and bragging about how he slept with a ****** who stole all his money and his weapon, then knocked him out and left him for dead.

It is strategic if it delays the attacker long enough for the turret to accumulate more reinforcements. Thus the point of the OP's post regarding sacrifice.

You are truly delusional, my friend. How is the example of the cop in any way analogous to the OP's post?

At such a low level, if I didn't engage any enemy that had me out matched, then if there was a vote to kick, I'm sure that I would be kicked, because 80% of my opponents have me out matched. Timidity is a cause for dismissal in most law enforcement agencies.

Edited by Chiricahua

It is strategic if it delays the attacker long enough for the turret to accumulate more reinforcements. Thus the point of the OP's post regarding sacrifice.

You are truly delusional, my friend. How is the example of the cop in any way analogous to the OP's post?

I often make a sacrifice to try and ensure that the rest of my team has time,or i hit a group of two or three at a turret so that they think twice about leaveing just one,it's strats and situational awareness,the only downer is when they do the opposite and my teammates decide to follow or trying something else dumb.

I do not play for highest kills or damage,i play so that my team can win,period.

i couldnt agree more with what the OP and what you said.

Edited by Sathid

you can't use real world tactics in a game. its counter intuitive.

when thinking of strategies in a game you must keep pure exploitation in mind.

the whole point of defense in civil war isn't to kill or delay the enemy, its to tap them when they try to take control of a point.

the whole point of defense in civil war isn't to kill or delay the enemy, its to tap them when they try to take control of a point.

Your short sighted then and other advanced teams will destroy you and your team down the road.

Good luck.

Guerrilla Warfare

The Apache have been called the greatest guerilla fighters the world has ever seen. Of these, Geronimo is the most famous. He defied the US government for over 25 years, and while he surrendered twice, he was never defeated. To understand the significance of this, it's helpful to consider that at his final surrender in 1886 his band consisted of only 16 warriors, 14 women, and six children. The army had been pursuing them with 5,000 troops, a fifth of its entire regular army, and had spent over a million dollars a year to fight them. Yet, he and his small band were never defeated, but voluntarily surrendered. And in spite of what was a huge expenditure of money and troops for that time, it could be argued that the 100 renegade Apache scouts used by the army were the most important element in the limited success that they had in running Geronimo down. His surrender brought to an end to the Indian wars and the violence and uncertainty that had accompanied them.

Your short sighted then and other advanced teams will destroy you and your team down the road.

Good luck.

I agree. What about Chess, where many of the best players think 5-6 moves ahead (which is incredibly skilled) and all the time try to delay their opponents by offering openings that seem advantageous.

The point is that fighting off of the objective is only a valid strategy if you are on offense and you have other teammates ready to flank in and take the objective while the fight happens 100m away. When defending, you should always be within 30m of the objective unless they have a healer playing deep and you have the DPS to drop that healer fast.

If I am running up to a well defended objective as a solo attacker, my goal is not to take the objective. My goal is to pull an undergeared player off of the objective so I can hit them hard and get a couple medals off of them. I am doing it for a quick 10-20k damage, a 2.5k hit, a killing blow and a 1v1 win. By rushing a better geared player and leaving your support you most likely gave him exactly what he was looking for.

Me standing in the fire to grapple an enemy huttball carrier or healer is a sacrifice for the team.

Not sure what your sacrificed accomplished, when you say the other(s)...didn't come...leads me to believe there were at least 2 others, which means it would have been 3v1. The only way I would close a gap was if we were TAKING a turret, someone on my side was capping, and I saw an enemy running toward us. Then yes...I want to slow them down and stun them to prevent them interrupting my team mate from capping.

Also you don't need any more than 2 people to guard the east or west turret unless you are zerged by half of their team...at which point is better to attack their end. You know when you own a turret you can take the speeder on that side and fly directly to it? A staggered group of 2 can easily keep a group of 4 people from capping...I've had it done to me and I've done it to others.

Edited by elidion

A "tactical sacrifice" that works wonders in Civil War is rushing right or left solo when it has 5 defenders. If you keep rushing it solo, you can often keep all 5 of them standing there. That means the rest of your team is fighting 7v3. I have used that one with great success.

were the other folks staying at the turrents? Because that's what i would have done.

what is with the internet. They are turrets for christ sake!!!

EDIT: Bioware hates my capslock.

Edited by Rehash

The point is that fighting off of the objective is only a valid strategy if you are on offense and you have other teammates ready to flank in and take the objective while the fight happens 100m away. When defending, you should always be within 30m of the objective unless they have a healer playing deep and you have the DPS to drop that healer fast.

If I am running up to a well defended objective as a solo attacker, my goal is not to take the objective. My goal is to pull an undergeared player off of the objective so I can hit them hard and get a couple medals off of them. I am doing it for a quick 10-20k damage, a 2.5k hit, a killing blow and a 1v1 win. By rushing a better geared player and leaving your support you most likely gave him exactly what he was looking for.

The point is...this is exactly what people are complaining about regarding the current reward system. The object of Civil War is not to earn medals, but to complete the main objective.

Players like that guy have no concept of "team work" and I'm constantly sacrificing myself to help the group complete objectives. One example is in VS - I stand in the hallway and attempt to slow down the enemy while my team mates secure the bridge to the next point.

If more people were like the OP in Warzones we would win more games.

Players like that guy have no concept of "team work" and I'm constantly sacrificing myself to help the group complete objectives. One example is in VS - I stand in the hallway and attempt to slow down the enemy while my team mates secure the bridge to the next point.

If more people were like the OP in Warzones we would win more games.

You know I've been siding with the OP this entire time, right? And the comment I made was directed towards an individual who was trolling the OP for condoning teamwork.

Edited by Maurdiib

As a level 50 Sawbones Scoundrel, I have to say that there have been many times that I have been able to keep several Imps occupied trying to kill me as I dodge, heal and shield myself for a long time. Of course they eventually bring me down, but it often has bought teammates time to capture an objective.

This is how you win Alderaan:

You put people on the objectives and make sure to capture them. Once you secured one, you make sure to keep people around the objectives so you can prevent the opponent from capturing it. Since this game features stealth classes it is absolutely imperative to stay around the objective so it wont be captured while you are away from it.

You clearly did not understand this concept. You may have slowed one guy down but what gives? You died, he went on his way. Inside the group you would probably lived on and he would have died miserably vs the guys that were at the turret WITH you, had you stayed.

While you had to travel back your team was one man down on hat objective.

All this nonsense talk about sacrificing yourselves... It is always better to stay alive and near your teammates. There are healing classes for a reason.

Edited by Sheduur

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.