The Champion Bags

Archaon_Thrax

Dear BioWare,

Today, I opened my 19th Champion bag. 19 Champion bags without getting a single Champion item (not even an earpiece, focus or implant. NOTHING!). 19, BioWare! 19!!! And I got no items to show for it.

F**king spending a whole week farming those Champion Bags and what do I get? F**KING Centurion commendations!? I don't want no Centurion Commendations in my Champion Bags, the whole point of buying a Champion Bag is to get a Champion item!!

And while my friends and guildies get an item in every bag, I GET STUCK WITH F**KING CENTURION COMMENDATIONS!? There's a person in my guild that has 2 companions decked out with Champion gear!!

There are people on the server with LESS valor then me and they have Champion items, While I'm standing there, with nothing!! That's f**king embarrasing, BioWare!!

I don't need f**king Centurion items! I got better gear from doing operations and HM BT! I got no use for Centurion Commendation!

THAT'S F**KING BULL****, BIOWARE!!! I work just as hard as the other people for my Champion bags!

Stop making it luck-based, BioWare! Lady Luck doesn't smile on everyone!!

You sound mad.

How would you be? spending a whole week farming Champion bags only to get nothing.

seeing other people with less valor having 2 - 3 main pieces of champion gear?

Seeing people getting a champion piece with every bag while yours stay empty, except for a few centurion commendations.

tell me, how would you feel?

Edited by Archaon_Thrax

Dear BioWare,

Today, I opened my 19th Champion bag. 19 Champion bags without getting a single Champion item (not even an earpiece, focus or implant. NOTHING!). 19, BioWare! 19!!! And I got no items to show for it.

F**king spending a whole week farming those Champion Bags and what do I get? F**KING Centurion commendations!? I don't want no Centurion Commendations in my Champion Bags, the whole point of buying a Champion Bag is to get a Champion item!!

And while my friends and guildies get an item in every bag, I GET STUCK WITH F**KING CENTURION COMMENDATIONS!? There's a person in my guild that has 2 companions decked out with Champion gear!!

There are people on the server with LESS valor then me and they have Champion items, While I'm standing there, with nothing!! That's f**king embarrasing, BioWare!!

I don't need f**king Centurion items! I got better gear from doing operations and HM BT! I got no use for Centurion Commendation!

THAT'S F**KING BULL****, BIOWARE!!! I work just as hard as the other people for my Champion bags!

Stop making it luck-based, BioWare! Lady Luck doesn't smile on everyone!!

19 bags? Man, I am at 67 bags and still dont have even full set, let alone accessories.

Only advice i can give you is that you just think of obtaining centurion gear, so focus yourself on cent set, and everything else from champion you get is a bonus.

Trust me, in this way when you get the same 3 centurion medals every *********** time, you wont smash your keyboard ( so hard) because of this idiotic ''rewarding'' pvp system:(

Edit:

As I read your entire post now, no matter how good pve gear you have with better stats and stuff, expertise is everything in pvp. So centurion is also great/better than yours.

Edited by TCFinwe

Some people have something called a life and can't spend 6+ hours on the game.

So you'll still get 10+ a week even with only 6 hours played over the week.

This weekly/daily system caters to casual gearing extremely well.

I've said all along Champion gear should never have been given out so freely it should have been restricted like Battlemaster, maybe rank 30 or so, that way people would strive to collect Centurion rather than cast it aside.

The gear progression in this game is so out of wack its silly. PVE is just as bad its easier to get Tier 2 than Tier 1!

Have 4 pieces of gear...after 50+ bags. This was after a week of farming + 30 valor ranks. I have multiple of the same belt and boot; which is completely useless. However, I hope this gets stickypost so people can see the numbers.

The Math:

1 Warzone Win yields ~ 80 war-zone Commendations

1 Champion Bag Cost = 200 War-zone Commendations + 200 Mercenary Commendations

10 Mercenary Commendations = 30 War-zone Commendations

Thus, 1 Champion Bag Cost = 200 WZC + 200x3 Mercenary Commentions = 800 Warzone Commendations.

Therefore ~10 Warzone Wins (WINS) = 1 Champion Bag

On the basis that you are unlucky such as myself and many other fellow PvP'ers; you get 3 Centurion Marks/10 games won or 13 games played.

Lets use the MH Light saber for Warriors as an example.

73 commendations

73 / 3 = 24.333333

What this means: To get the commendations to buy your weapon; you would need to play and win 243 games; or play 316.33 games and lose roughly half.

Dailies provide 14 bags/week.

Weekly's provide 6 bags/week.

So assuming you play every day and do your dailies every day then you'll have an extra 60 commendations.

So after a week of farming playing 16 hours a day for 7 days straight, your friend who hopped on for an hour or two casually may get luckier and open a few pieces of gear.

Bioware me message to you: "Please fix this system; it is and okay system but I recommend you implement a bonus system along the lines of allowing people of Rank to earn 1 commendation PER win for the rank they are. For example; a Rank 41 would earn 1 centurion commendation per win, champions would get 1 champion commendation, and battle masters 1 Battlemaster commendation. This would mean; you would get your weapons for that rank after 100 wins of farming; and any additional gear you get from bags would be a "LUCKY" bonus."

Basing the PvP system purely on luck was a giant fail in my opinion.

PvP should always be based on skill; good players who play more and PvP more should get geared fast and be better geared than the casual players.

I do know people who have opened 10 bags and got 3-4 pieces of gear; all usable as well. Whereas I know others who hit Battlemaster (valor rank 60) and only have 2-3 pieces due to the fact that someone at Bioware thought making getting PvP gear should be luck based.

RNG is RNG and RNG is Bad.

-Open for discussion; also if someone has logical reasoning for making PvP Gear luck based; please enlighten me.

They're fixing Battlemaster bags. Not Champion bags.

Champion bags are fine, it'd be obscene if they got the same treatment as battlemaster bags.

Hell its obscene battlemaster bags ever got treated same as the entry level bags.

At Valor rank 60 I've the following champion gear:

Mainhand weapon

Offhand Weapon X 2

Implant X 5

Relic X 3

Bracer

Robe

Leg

I don't know how many bags I opened but since it's not like you can get valor without doing WZs I figure valor rank is good enough of a benchmark.

I bought Centurion lightsaber, belt, and helm. If I didn't buy the lightsaber (got Champion shortly after), that'd probably be enough to buy say glove + boots instead.

I'm missing ear, glove, and boots in terms of purple gear. It'd probably help if I didn't get 5 Implants.

At Valor rank 60 I've the following champion gear:

Mainhand weapon

Offhand Weapon X 2

Implant X 5

Relic X 3

Bracer

Robe

Leg

I don't know how many bags I opened but since it's not like you can get valor without doing WZs I figure valor rank is good enough of a benchmark.

I bought Centurion lightsaber, belt, and helm. If I didn't buy the lightsaber (got Champion shortly after), that'd probably be enough to buy say glove + boots instead.

I'm missing ear, glove, and boots in terms of purple gear. It'd probably help if I didn't get 5 Implants.

Well, GOOD FOR YOU!

I got the following;

ZERO!!!

How would you be? spending a whole week farming Champion bags only to get nothing.

seeing other people with less valor having 2 - 3 main pieces of champion gear?

Seeing people getting a champion piece with every bag while yours stay empty, except for a few centurion commendations.

tell me, how would you feel?

I would feel great as long as I'm having fun.

I would feel sad if I needed champion gear to have fun and would probably seek pixel envy therapy.

Edited by Hellapain