Let us play in offline mode

Spetsnazos

I'd go for this in a heartbeat!!!

Keep the $15/month sub fee, of course - just give us paying subscriber the option

to play offline - you're still making the $$$ from the game, we just are choosing to solo the content!

bioware has a strictly online yet non-mmorgp --- Diablo 3 --- and it works for them --- why not do that,

have that option? I'd be a lifetime subscriber with that option

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have just made KoToR 3 instead of an MMO.

He already paid for it. As did I, and you. 60 dollars.

And when you think about it, kind of silly that you can't play a game you purchased with that much money, unless you give them another additional 15 dollars.

And when he bought the game he agreed to the TOS that it required a active subscription to play.

People ask for this with ALL subscription bases MMOs since the start of time.

Its not a single player game, there is group content in it

and

its $15.00 /month. Its really not that much to pay.

MMOs typically do not support off line play and I doubt they ever will.

Lets face it the desirable features of this game are the story and voice overs. The other key MMO features are greatly lacking and the ones that do exist are outdated.

Let us play this game offline, we paid $60-$120 for it and its clearly designed as a single player game with some co-op.

The people who want to co-op can continue to pay the $15/mo and do that.

Thanks Bioware

Great idea. Not going to happen, but still a great idea. You can easily solo this game all the way to level 50 and enjoy it as a single player game without ever grouping.

Edited by Valkirus

• 4 weeks later...

+ for single player offline. I paid $60.00 Dec. 2011 for this crap and can't play it offline. Bored out of my mind and letting my sub go after 6 months of off and on boredom. I have a few days left. The only thing to do now is to finish the Imp side stories. Which is not worth paying more $ to do at this point for me.

If this was not a STAR WARS game it would have failed day one! :mad: $15.00 a month for what!? Repeating end game content is zzzzzzzzzzz once you beat it in HM or NMM.

Edited by JediJudoChopx

• 2 months later...
While I love being able to play with friends and meet new people, i do wish that mmo's would release an offline or lan version of the game once they close down the last servers. theres been a couple mmo's that are no longer with us that i would still enjoy.

I think I'll just play Diablo 2 to the end of time, thanks.

I agree. I didn't buy D3 for that reason. (Plus a friend recorded a play-through and I was not impressed)

If this game goes south. (I hope not!) I would hope they re-release it somehow so people can still play sp. Too much good stuff just to throw it all away. imho

Lets face it the desirable features of this game are the story and voice overs. The other key MMO features are greatly lacking and the ones that do exist are outdated.

Let us play this game offline, we paid $60-$120 for it and its clearly designed as a single player game with some co-op.

Thanks Bioware

I didn't read all the responses so someone might of already said this BUT since the game is going F2P you can play all the story stuff you want for FREE.... so in a way you got just want you wanted....

Lolololololol

Offline mode would be amazing in some ways but a major downer in more ways. Every time im not doing anything slightly important, 926425265 players online. But...as soon as i've come across a boss thats kicking my butt? The players are somehow in the minus! SWTOR. But with that said, i think i just need better friends who play MMO's! haha

You are either trolling or something is wrong with your brain. Seriously go buy a console and keep your unwelcome opinion out of our genre....and yes you posted a thread based on your opinion, one that is not shared by MMO gamers. This is an MMO not the next Bioware single player game.

The enjoyment of a multiplayer game rests quite a bit on ones ability to be social. There are many social opportunities in this game. Flashpoints, operations, warzones, questing, exploration, guilds, chat, this forum. Your attitude towards those opportunities affects your enjoyment of them. Your attitude is controlled by you. If you feel you have no control over your own attitude, then I suggest you get some psychological assistance.

I blame wow, for the ruination of the sandbox mmorpg

Any company at any time is allowed to produce an MMO based on sandbox elements. There is nothing stopping anyone from developing one. Don't blame another product for "ruining" something when no one has come out with another hit product.

Thanks Bioware

You do know that you physically can't do that? The only thing on your computer is the client software. The actual game itself is on the server your signed into. Ergo, you must play online.

Sorry for the disappointment.

The enjoyment of a multiplayer game rests quite a bit on ones ability to be social. There are many social opportunities in this game. Flashpoints, operations, warzones, questing, exploration, guilds, chat, this forum. Your attitude towards those opportunities affects your enjoyment of them. Your attitude is controlled by you. If you feel you have no control over your own attitude, then I suggest you get some psychological assistance.

I think this is about as blunt as you can be. Well done.

There's no infrastructure to allow it to be played offline. The game would have to be totally rewritten for that to work, and given the lack of staff or resources, is not going to happen. I doubt it would work even if they tried.

The resources for a project of this scope would be better spent on a brand new stand alone title, rather than trying to reinvent the wheel by hacking and patching SWTOR into an offline title.

Thanks Bioware

I've always said that i've never been able to see what exactly makes SWTOR a MMORPG. This game could have just as easily been a single player game, with a co-op mode. There was really no need at all to make this into an MMO, there just not enough player interaction to justify it.

^You said it prefectly, there are plenty of option to group, people just choose not too.

A. This thread is a corpse from Jan. that has had two major necros.

B. this is quite possibly the STUPIDEST thing on an mmo forum EVER.

Forget for a moment that almost all the important stuff is/happens server side and not client side...helps prevent hacking/cheating amongst a million other reasons some of which the most recent necro'er can think of I'm sure if he/she tries real hard; An mmo is just that Massively Multiplayer ONLINE...

They can't even squash bugs that have been around since beta (in some cases)....what makes you think they can manage to pull off a kotor mode when virtually everything that makes the game work is server side?

Seriously????!!!!!!!

Edited by LrdRahvin

• 1 year later...