Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

2nd day of planned 4 waves, joking surely?

Lady_Femke

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot longer time and another 4 waves, seriously Stephen 18 hours since yesterdays waves, and empty servers for hours this morning EU time, and only 4 more waves planned today.

We helped you strees test the servers in November and had enough faith in the game to pre order and this is our loyalty repayment?

Woot! I bet everyone is in by tomorrow!

Actually I'm NOT a fanboi, I've been through MMO launches since 1998, and this is one of the best. If you think this is an utter fail, then you should give up MMOing as you clearly have no clue what it takes to set one up and run it.

Did you get an invite yet?

It is the middle of primetime for the EU (with little more than 4 hours left in their primetime -- and for some, you're going to start seeing logoffs since primetime is ending in the easternmost EU timezones), and only 4 of their servers are "Heavy" with the rest as Standard or Light.

Link: http://www.swtor.com/server-status

I hear you as I live in CET +1, Finland ftw :D It's 6.30PM local now so little less than 3 hours prime left for those with small kids and maybe 4-5 hours for students :D After that EU servers will fall to "Light" and will stay in that state for next ~17 hours. Really good launch from EU perspective I tell you... not really.

WRONG. Not everyone who gets invited has taken the day off or is sitting at their computer mashing the launch and checking email every 2 mins. The reason why they won't add more is because all those invites will end up logging in tonight or tomorrow.

WRONG. Look at the EU servers during their "tonight or tomorrow" -- they are pretty much more empty than full. http://www.swtor.com/server-status

If only 5 of 42 servers are Heavy, and 10 are Light, they have plenty of capacity.

The US has MORE servers than the EU. You can't tell me that every US server will be at Heavy or Full capacity tonight. Simply won't happen -- and even if it did, they'll bring up more servers, just as they would if this were tomorrow's waves, or the next day's, or Dec 20th.

Why continue kicking the can down the road?

I am poed I preordered like 4 to 5months ago I want to play They should send more waves

Four or five months ago would be July-August and those people are in. So when did you put in your preorder code? Otherwise, if you did put that in back then, the e-mail may have gotten stuck in your spam folder. If that's the case, power up the game and see if your Play button works.

That's what everyone said yesterday and almost all the servers were empty, Their servers are fine, i have no idea what they are afraid about, During beta their servers were doing good and i bet everyone logged in as soon as they got the invite

Did you get an invite yet?

Yep, but I'm not home at the moment. I'm at my Dr's office playing around on the forums on my ipad watching all the people cry and QQ about the EGA when the EGA started 2 days EARLY.

I would give SOME criticism to BW if, after the 15th, the bulk of pre orders from start - October aren't in. But as of right now, no criticism as we really weren't supposed to be in yet :)

Anyone who pre ordered in Nov/Dec can't seriously expect much EGA time (just the weekend, but since it's early, they might get in b4 the weekend)

Edited by dduttonnc

That's what everyone said yesterday and almost all the servers were empty, Their servers are fine, i have no idea what they are afraid about, During beta their servers were doing good and i bet everyone logged in as soon as they got the invite

True. Even though I was a regular tester on the weekend they opened up to almost everyone, I went to a new server and only planet I had issues with all weekend was Taris. Starting planet which had more people at the time was smooth. But there were just reports of Taris being buggy on the beta forums at the time.

WRONG. Look at the EU servers during their "tonight or tomorrow" -- they are pretty much more empty than full. http://www.swtor.com/server-status

If only 5 of 42 servers are Heavy, and 10 are Light, they have plenty of capacity.

The US has MORE servers than the EU. You can't tell me that every US server will be at Heavy or Full capacity tonight. Simply won't happen -- and even if it did, they'll bring up more servers, just as they would if this were tomorrow's waves, or the next day's, or Dec 20th.

Why continue kicking the can down the road?

bioware likes training wheels on their servers.

i am just amazed that you guys will again leave the servers empty over night and all mornig withount invting anyone.

Once you send out your 4 waves (LOL) took you like 5 hrs yesterday. why isnt this process design to be arround the clook.

because fail is fail

How can you invite "more people than yesterday" while "sending four waves of equal size"?

The waves they send today will be all equal size relative to each other, not yesterday.

If they sent 5 waves of 50,000 yesterday. They will send 4 waves of 80,000 today.

Better that than the cluster #$@#$@#$ of launches where they let everyone in like AION and other MMO.. DISASTERS.. I'll take the stagger over one big, screwed week(s) any day

This. Realistically, this issue can be summed up with two words.

WAR Release.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.