Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

2nd day of planned 4 waves, joking surely?

Lady_Femke

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did any of you notice that they said everybody remaining would be in by TOMORROW?? That gives you all the 5 DAYS that you weren't exactly promised.

Can you stop with the baby tanturms now?

except they never said everyone would be in by tomorrow, so you're either a troll or terribly misinformed.

on the other hand, if they released it like a stress test wave... all at once.... the BG exploiting would not have happened

And the people that always find exploits in order to play their games would have found something else. My point is number of waves don't matter, number of people invited do.

except they never said everyone would be in by tomorrow, so you're either a troll or terribly misinformed.

link it or it didnt happen lmao... someone had to say it

SR stated today would be larger than yesterday... but never said everyone will be in tomorrow.... a full out stress test launch of preorder would have prevented BG explots

link it or it didnt happen lmao... someone had to say it

SR stated today would be larger than yesterday... but never said everyone will be in tomorrow.... a full out stress test launch of preorder would have prevented BG explots

So hung up on BG exploits, why may I ask?

So if they sent out a wave every hour with 1/24th of the people invited, you would be happier? Go ahead and do the math. I'll wait.

OR keep waves rolling out automatically with i.e. 2 hours between waves for 24/7 until every pre-order is in?

There should be people in 24/7 for maintenance and in-game help so keeping eye on server status / stability, queues and other that jazz should not be problem. If there is some alarming happening they can shut down wave automation, fix problem / wait little extra between waves for **** to calm down and start rolling waves out once again.

This is MMO after all and as MMO player I except 24/7 service and non of that "we work office hours or half of those" -crap.

OR keep waves rolling out automatically with i.e. 2 hours between waves for 24/7 until every pre-order is in?

There should be people in 24/7 for maintenance and in-game help so keeping eye on server status / stability, queues and other that jazz should not be problem. If there is some alarming happening they can shut down wave automation, fix problem / wait little extra between waves for **** to calm down and start rolling waves out once again.

This is MMO after all and as MMO player I except 24/7 service and non of that "we work office hours or half of those" -crap.

Again, the point is, it doesn't mater the number of waves, just the number of people.

This got me as well. Im starting to want to get whoever is responsible for these stupid decisions and smash his face at a monitor.

"Four waves of equal size" != "Four waves of equal size to the waves yesterday"

Reading.

Comprehension.

Please.

It means you take a chunk of people (more people than were admitted yesterday) and split them into four waves of equal size.

I understand your point and no idea why its not a 24 hour operation you would think you would want to keep the heat on so you can get into that maintenance pattern asap and make sure every thing is warm and fuzz for the 20th. Before any one cry's "how would you like to work 24 hour days" 1) they should have the staffing and 2) as an engineer it wouldn't be the first time I had to grind a long day or 4 or 5 or a month out because we had a go live. Having said that I don't mined the stepped flow at all I would have done it less on 4 ways a day and more launch a wave when the starter areas start to clear up a bit launch another just a means to stop that tidal wave of a bottle neck right there on the 1-10 quests; of course that wont stop it but that would slim it down a bit. I put my code in 10-15 looks like there is some chance of getting in tonight or tomorrow either way I look forward to playing and hope the community becomes and remains a solid helpful friendly one though im sure the first 3months will be the roughest

In theory everyone should be in today IF the 4 waves are larger then yesterdays, as the first week saw some 500k pre-orders and the US only had what around 430k more added so if all the first weekers got in then the assumption would be that the rest would be done sometime today.

Otherwise the lied about their numbers and are just placating us, and really just 4 waves of the same size or less as yesterday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalkwhite

How can you invite "more people than yesterday" while "sending four waves of equal size"?

This got me as well. Im starting to want to get whoever is responsible for these stupid decisions and smash his face at a monitor.

Because they let more people in, divided in four waves of equal size. Let me explain...

Lets say they invited 100 people yesterday, that would be 25 people per wave (not counting the bonuswave). If they invite 200 people today, that would be 50 people per wave.

See, four waves, more people.

A lot longer time and another 4 waves, seriously Stephen 18 hours since yesterdays waves, and empty servers for hours this morning EU time, and only 4 more waves planned today.

We helped you strees test the servers in November and had enough faith in the game to pre order and this is our loyalty repayment?

k....

I understand your point and no idea why its not a 24 hour operation you would think you would want to keep the heat on so you can get into that maintenance pattern asap and make sure every thing is warm and fuzz for the 20th. Before any one cry's "how would you like to work 24 hour days" 1) they should have the staffing and 2) as an engineer it wouldn't be the first time I had to grind a long day or 4 or 5 or a month out because we had a go live. Having said that I don't mined the stepped flow at all I would have done it less on 4 ways a day and more launch a wave when the starter areas start to clear up a bit launch another just a means to stop that tidal wave of a bottle neck right there on the 1-10 quests; of course that wont stop it but that would slim it down a bit. I put my code in 10-15 looks like there is some chance of getting in tonight or tomorrow either way I look forward to playing and hope the community becomes and remains a solid helpful friendly one though im sure the first 3months will be the roughest

Another point, maybe they stop the waves because they know alot of the people that get invited are at work? Or they know that people in the european time zones are asleep at the end and will play in the morning? or some other reason we can't even specualte about? Could be lots of things

Again, the point is, it doesn't mater the number of waves, just the number of people.

Sure you can have waves of i.e. 3x 200 000 / day or 3000x 200 / day and get same amount of people invited. Sure. Less waves and more people / wave is way to go clearly. Even monkey knows that (I know as I just checked with one :D). My point is that having set amount of waves / day that are sent asap, i.e. today 4 waves are sent soon as possible and after that looooooooong wait is crap. More efficient way would be keep waves rolling 24 / 7 as game and server support crews keep eye on stability etc. so queues of days (some may get inv on 19th atm) could be queues of hours.

Don't you agree that having 18+ hours between "wave days" is ******** and creates artificial queues of days rather than queues of hours? Queues, with couple crashes of servers, of hours in standard of MMO launch and what most except.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.