2nd day of planned 4 waves, joking surely?

Lady_Femke

notice how inflexible they are? You KNOW they don't like all this negativity, and the only way to allieviate it would be to shut the people not playing out of the forums or let everyone in.

They are incapable of either. If they can't fix something like this, how are they going to fix more serious issues in game. You guys at Bioware need to loosen up some, learn to adapt and communicate better.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to express that a legal binding contract was signed by everyone who bought this game. If Bioware refuses to allow all preordered accounts to login by 11:59 pm on 12/15 they can be sued for breach of contract as i didnt see a arbitration clause in the copy i agreed to. I hope bioware considers this as it could be very expensive for them to defend against as all preorders WERE charged 5.00. So to those who think its not a right thanks for donating your 5.00 to Bioware as a nothingness fee. The gameplay for 5 extra days was paid for by every person who had preordered. That is Guaranteed! or a suit for breach can and will be pressed.

aparently you have no idea what your talking about

Who wants to bet the servers are going to be at light population after today's massive waves? Come on Bioware, what the hell are you afraid of?

I'm getting the feeling that there is something wrong which forces them to take the pop. increase slowly.

These minimal efforts by BW to allow paying customers into the game is just plain silly.

4 Waves....? And as others mentioned, the servers are near empty by the time Europe gets to play. The traffic is generally light...

...why not let more in? Something is wrong?:confused:

If they are working 24/7 while they do the launch, why does it need to be 4 waves? Why not round the clock?

Or does the big cheese need to be on for them so see the numbers?

Yes server pops vary according to time of day, but it ain't rocket science when it comes to amount you let in to the amount you can handle.

Oh well, pointless worrying now, the real kick offs will be tomorrow if majority don't get in, this you can copy and paste tomorrow evening when if you think the last 2 days have been bad, lol a whole **** storm is going to hit tomorrow when the last wave has gone through.

These rants are beginning to prove my fears that we as a society have too much tolerance for these whiny sycophants. If these kids could redirect they're energy towards overthrowing fascist governments, greedy banks and other institutions of corruption, the world would be in revolution tomorrow...But no, instead they focus on crying bloody murder when they have to wait an extra couple of days to play a video game!....:eek:....Stop the planet, I want off..

Quote from Welcome Message from Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk:

"Without you we would never have been able to build it; thank you for contribution. This game is yours just as much as it is ours."

If thats the case I choose to give myself early access, now GIMMEH!

for those of yiou STILL crying about about Early Game access and yu arent in yet, this is how it was planned and stated from the beginnning, you knew it all along or you struggle with the english language and your only complaining now becuz iyou want to play and you cant. waaaah. man up! or go suck a teet youll be happier this way i promise :D

im still amazed atr how many poeple stuggle with the concept of "UP TO 5 days"...UP to! say it with me now...UP TO! and that day isnt even until tomorrow lmAO IF THEY LET YOU IN 5 SAY 1 DAY OR 5 MINUTES EARLY THEY HAVE LIVED UP TO THEIR END OF THE BARGAIN, wether you like it or not. Get over yourself.

Well... Face it.

I just picked up my order of the game on the 10th and input my early access code on that day. Now Im looking at all this and asking myself... Why did I ever think that a gaming company would actually live up to their promises?? I've never seen a company actually come thru with what they've promised. Wether it be early access or whatever.

Basically... Im never getting in until actual release on the 20th. Thanks alot for nothing.:mad:

Well... Face it.

I just picked up my order of the game on the 10th and input my early access code on that day. Now Im looking at all this and asking myself... Why did I ever think that a gaming company would actually live up to their promises?? I've never seen a company actually come thru with what they've promised. Wether it be early access or whatever.

Basically... Im never getting in until actual release on the 20th. Thanks alot for nothing.:mad:

Not true, if they keep the same rate as today (They could increase it) they should get all of November tomorrow, meaning you'd probably get in on Friday or Saturday.

But if you want to be doom and gloom because you were late to the party, that's always and option too.

Edited by Vanlan

A few salient points (aka WALL o TEXT):

--The game has been longed for, looked at, guessed about, wondered upon for years now and interest is quite high. The MMORPG community seems to have pinned a great deal of hope on this particular game. Partially because it's Bioware and they've built some fun games- partially because it's Star Wars and SWG is kaput today... tomorrow.. matter of hours... and all the SWG folks are already going through krayt dragon withdrawal. Not to mention the glorious SW afficienados that have been drooling for a while now.

--A large number of people these days have beta tested prior games and/or done several launches and Bioware's approach to pregame access is a bit different. If you've played in last 5 years you've seen LOTRO, AoC, Aion, Warhammer, Rift, etc. launch with pregame access and there's been a certain pattern to the process. There have been heckacues to wait in and verrrrrry glitchy first few days of pregame access but to my knowledge no gaming company has ever shut out the bulk of their players on the first few days of pregame.

--No one knows when they're getting actually getting pre game access. You basically only know when you get the email and for the folks that are rabid enough to schedule their lives around the pregame access this is a rough thing. For folks like me that are not quite frothing at the mouth there is still a sense of disquiet. Sure I'll post a bit here and there, re-arrange my wookiee action figure collection (they're not dolls!), vacuum my mom's basement (wait.. I don't live in my mom's basement ... do I?) and other Things That Are Not Stressing Out Over SWTOR Access. But when my mind brushes lightly over SWTOR it's not that woohooo! feeling I had last week. It's more of a cautiously furrowed brow with a bit of head tilt along the lines of what your dog does when you put down its food dish then take it back up again quickly before they can wolf it down. For others there's anger - this is not such a nice thing to do to folks - dangle a carrot (we're opening 2 days early!) and then whack with the stick (but we're going to take full advantage of that "up to 5 days" working to the point of maybe just giving ya a day early). For a lot of MMORPG players this is a bit offputting and truthfully I don't feel as great about Bioware as I did say last week.

--Just tell me when I have access. Tell me that the July preorders got in, August and September are today, October is tomorrow etc. so that I at least can stop this niggling thought in the back of my head that Bioware is actually not sure their tech will work and is not able to commit to supporting the millions that have preordered the game. I understand that Bioware might not want to commit to a schedule but truthfully they will need to commit to something at some point.

--We're not future players here in a stand alone single player game that we'll purchase someday and play by ourselves while frapping the cool fights for teh Facetubes. It's an MMO - we play together and against each other and the combination of 1. so many looking forward to this game plus 2. the cultural norm in MMO's of what pregame access has meant in the past plus 3. the lack of knowledge of roughly when we'll each get in/lack of commitment by Bioware to even a general schedule is what you're seeing on these boards and out in the MMO community at large.

Frustrated, angry people that yes, are whining and yes, are trolling. But don't dismiss the anger or frustration lightly because there are a few reasons for people being upset right now and all the pointing to "up to" is not going to fix that. A bit more information and commitment from Bioware will fix that - or at the worst another week or so of waiting.

I'm sure I'll need therapy even more after this launch...

Edited by Ellanen

Wow folks, just, wow. When I purchased the game, I knew the release date was 12/20/2011. I was told I may have early access, which means anything before that date. If not, then I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to play after that date.

I enjoyed the testing phase just as much as many of you and I'm anxious to get back into the game as well... but I realize that delays happen. They've happened for past games, and it may happen for this one. Posting hateful remarks simply won't speed things up.

RELAX. Its just a game.

Well said. People you are not entitled to early access. Bioware used the word may. It doesn't mean you will. You pre ordered the game. The launch date is the 20th. This early release is a something they are doing as a thank you. You folks are getting upset over something you can't control, and it won't serve any purpose. Is sitting here whining, complaining and flaming bioware going to get you early access any faster? I would have to say no. This whole sense of Bioware owes me because I put my money down is garbage. You put your money down to play the game for sure on the 20th with the possibility of getting early access. Bioware isn't screwing us the user over. They are offering some a chance to play early. I hope I get to be one of this early adopters. If I am not, Oh well. I still get to play it on the 20th.

Well said. People you are not entitled to early access. Bioware used the word may. It doesn't mean you will. You pre ordered the game. The launch date is the 20th. This early release is a something they are doing as a thank you. You folks are getting upset over something you can't control, and it won't serve any purpose. Is sitting here whining, complaining and flaming bioware going to get you early access any faster? I would have to say no.

Actually, they used the term "up to" as in "up to 70% off". It's not a "thank you"; it's marketing. Is it a lie? No, but it is misleading. Keep in mind that people with earlier acess not only get more product than the rest of us (extra days), but also a better product (less names used up, and a better chance of getting out of the starter zones before the rush).

I do think that many people are overreacting, but EA has given them no reason not to. I bet if EA had come out with a schedule or some sort of assurance that all pre orders will get their 5 days, then 95% of the complaining would go away. Committing money to an unreleased game is a big deal. Feeling cheated or deceived is a resonable reaction to this situation. I understand that it's my fault for not reading the "fine print", but I'm also disappointed that there was "fine print" to begin with.

I also question if what they are getting out of this is worth alienating so many customers. Pre-order customers have the potential to be the most loyal. This doesn't seem like the wisest strategy.

Well said. People you are not entitled to early access. Bioware used the word may. It doesn't mean you will. You pre ordered the game. The launch date is the 20th. This early release is a something they are doing as a thank you. You folks are getting upset over something you can't control, and it won't serve any purpose. Is sitting here whining, complaining and flaming bioware going to get you early access any faster? I would have to say no. This whole sense of Bioware owes me because I put my money down is garbage. You put your money down to play the game for sure on the 20th with the possibility of getting early access. Bioware isn't screwing us the user over. They are offering some a chance to play early. I hope I get to be one of this early adopters. If I am not, Oh well. I still get to play it on the 20th.

technically we are entitled to the early access because it was part of the pre-ordering. the only thing is we are entitled up to 5 days. which means 5 ≥ 1. Or some type of math like that.