Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

2nd day of planned 4 waves, joking surely?

Lady_Femke

Today, we're inviting many more people to play The Old Republic - more than yesterday, and over a much greater time span.

As explained yesterday, our initial pre-order rush was over a very short span (about a week). Today we'll be inviting well beyond July, but again, we're remaining cautious as we send each email wave.

We're currently planning on sending four waves of email invites today of equal size. We're going to get them out as fast as we can, while monitoring player counts and server population. I'll update this thread when each wave is sent. You can also follow our official Twitter account for notification.

Wave One was sent at 8AM CST (6AM PST / 9AM EST / 2PM GMT / 3PM CET).

Stephen Reid | Senior Online Community Manager

Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook

[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

A lot longer time and another 4 waves, seriously Stephen 18 hours since yesterdays waves, and empty servers for hours this morning EU time, and only 4 more waves planned today.

We helped you strees test the servers in November and had enough faith in the game to pre order and this is our loyalty repayment?

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the post. He also says that the waves are going to be larger than yesterday, and over a longer period of pre-order dates. That still means more total people are going to be invited today than yesterday.
How can you invite "more people than yesterday" while "sending four waves of equal size"?

Read the post. He also says that the waves are going to be larger than yesterday, and over a longer period of pre-order dates. That still means more total people are going to be invited today than yesterday.

That doesn't help! I'd imagine many people here preordered after a beta weekend sold them on the game. They have to drastically improve the rate at which they are inviting people for most of us and the fact of the matter is 4 waves isn't the way to do that while diminishing stress on the servers.

I know right and we should have totally all been let in yesterday. I mean come on its two days earlier than we were told it would be and that's just not fair it should have been last month. And how dare they try and make sure our beginning play is as smooth as possible by spreading g out the waves. It's a greedy corporate plot.

/sarcasm

Thanks for making my morning entertaining.

Rift allowed everyone into their open beta. TOR let everyone in their last beta pretty much. I don't know why they can't increase the waves. Before they said we would get an email on which day we could play, no email. What did they expect when they said to check your folder everyday for next five days.

Rift's 250k pre-orders vs SWTOR 1 Million pre orders.. No nothing will surely happen if everyone flooded on the first wave :rolleyes:

That doesn't help! I'd imagine many people here preordered after a beta weekend sold them on the game. They have to drastically improve the rate at which they are inviting people for most of us and the fact of the matter is 4 waves isn't the way to do that while diminishing stress on the servers.

Four waves of equal size to today's first wave.

"Today, we're inviting many more people to play The Old Republic - more than yesterday, and over a much greater time span.

As explained yesterday, our initial pre-order rush was over a very short span (about a week). Today we'll be inviting well beyond July, but again, we're remaining cautious as we send each email wave.

We're currently planning on sending four waves of email invites today of equal size. We're going to get them out as fast as we can, while monitoring player counts and server population"

The equal size doesnt mean equal size as the waves of yesterday, but equal sizes between the waves of today, which will be much bigger.

How can you invite "more people than yesterday" while "sending four waves of equal size"?

You misunderstand the 'equal size' part.

The waves will be bigger, but each wave will be of equal size. Not equal size to yesterday's waves, each wave today will be of equal size, yet larger than the waves from yesterday.

Got it?

the four waves are equal in size to each other, but each are larger than each of the five waves sent out yesterday. Can people not read?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.