Top Posters In This Topic

Wow can be run on:

Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+

- 1 GB or more of RAM

Where as TOR can barley be run on

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better

Windows XP: 1.5GB RAM

Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB RAM

The graphics in Tor are Slightly...and I do mean Slightly better then wow, but i would give up the graphics for better performance and right now WOW has bioware beat on Performance and everything else in a MMO.

I like the game. I am just disappointed after all the years and all the hype that Bioware didn't deliver a quality product and they continue to show they cant fix any major issues...but atleast I can Emote on a speeder now.

But seriously....Bioware blew it...this game isn't our savior from WoW :(

I really was hoping it would be but sooner or later a good gaming company screws up. Nobodys Perfect and this game is far from being anything to compete with WoW. If you cant get your game to run on lower end machines you have no way of expanding your subscriber base. People dont have the cash to go out and drop on a new PC now a days. Bioware has issues with this game and by the time they get it sorted out it will most likely be to late.

Bioware should of kept EA away from this game IMO

maybe tera will be :confused:

You're saying that this:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r4/Alkii/loldwarf-Copy.png

looks better than this:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r4/Alkii/SWTORpic-Copy.jpg

??????????????????

Please leave.

This is an inaccurate comparison. They choose old armor models specifically to make WoW look bad. Blizzard has never gone back and re-updated old armor models (mainly because people enjoy them and the nostalgia with them) aside from a few tweaks / additions.

These screenshots were taken moments ago, both on the same machine, both games on Ultra.

Swtor scenery shot:

http://i.imgur.com/VaQwg.jpg

Swtor up close character shot:

http://i.imgur.com/hPd2m.jpg

WoW scenery shot:

http://i.imgur.com/p5JnV.jpg

WoW up close character shot:

http://i.imgur.com/JRUOb.jpg

The reason this screen shot was picked was because it was a character from WoW wearing new armor. Armor in World of Warcraft has only recently been updated in terms of higher res looks since the Wrath of the Lich King Expansion / Tier gear. Anything prior to that is older and out of date.

Please, if you're going to make the comparison do it properly. Compared to WoW of today SW:TOR may look prettier to some, but WoW's graphics are endearing in their own way too or perhaps I should say style. Arguing over which is better / worse is silly since WoW never aimed for "Good Graphics" but rather the Cartoony style they've had since Warcraft's inception.

I'm glad Blizzard stuck true to the model of graphics Warcraft had. They are nice / unique in their own way. It really makes the experience. In doing so, the graphics may not be like OMG WITCHER 2 but they always give me a smile / warm fuzzy feeling simply because its' a style I enjoy.

As another example... I dislike Crysis 2 graphics and style but I love Darksiders. That's the comparison you're attempting to draw here. The two styles are nothing alike so why bother comparing?

At the end of the day? I like both for breaking outside the box that is Rift / Everquest / Aion / Lineage style graphics and carving out their own unique identity using their art styles. It really helped draw me in and hook me for both games!

That being said people argue Final Fantasy XI's graphics don't stand the test of time but if ya ask me? The art style is so unique and well done that I don't mind. That game is beautifully done even for its age and you can see the love / thought put into the world, the characters, the models and the armor design. That's what makes a game and "graphics" good to me.

On a side note ~ WoW had this which was amazing on it's own even if Deathwing wasn't to awesome... This was and gotta give credit where it's due:

You can turn it up to 1080P and really see the graphics - But as for me? I'll enjoy the experience it delivered and I hope SW:TOR can match something of this magnitude with their ability to tell amazing stories! I can't wait to see what they have in store for us :D!

Edited by FallenKnightGX

This is an inaccurate comparison. They choose old armor models specifically to make WoW look bad. Blizzard has never gone back and re-updated old armor models (mainly because people enjoy them and the nostalgia with them) aside from a few tweaks / additions.

The reason this screen shot was picked was because it was a character from WoW wearing new armor. Armor in World of Warcraft has only recently been updated in terms of higher res looks since the Wrath of the Lich King Expansion / Tier gear. Anything prior to that is older and out of date.

Please, if you're going to make the comparison do it properly. Compared to WoW of today SW:TOR may look prettier to some, but WoW's graphics are endearing in their own way too or perhaps I should say style. Arguing over which is better / worse is silly since WoW never aimed for "Good Graphics" but rather the Cartoony style they've had since Warcraft's inception.

I'm glad Blizzard stuck true to the model of graphics Warcraft had. They are nice / unique in their own way. It really makes the experience. In doing so, the graphics may not be like OMG WITCHER 2 but they always give me a smile / warm fuzzy feeling simply because its' a style I enjoy.

As another example... I dislike Crysis 2 graphics and style but I love Darksiders. That's the comparison you're attempting to draw here. The two styles are nothing alike so why bother comparing?

At the end of the day? I like both for breaking outside the box that is Rift / Everquest / Aion / Lineage style graphics and carving out their own unique identity using their art styles. It really helped draw me in and hook me for both games!

That being said people argue Final Fantasy XI's graphics don't stand the test of time but if ya ask me? The art style is so unique and well done that I don't mind. That game is beautifully done even for its age and you can see the love / thought put into the world, the characters, the models and the armor design. That's what makes a game and "graphics" good to me.

A good post? On these forums?!

:confused:

Hope that patch gives the game a bit of a boost and pleases most people upset. I'm not that angry over it as I only just started and got to level 13, but the game has been a lot fun, and isn't butt ugly to me in anyway.

Keep at it Bioware team. :)

I see the OPs point. I logged back into wow yesterday to send a buddy some gold and i literally thought I missed a big graphics update that happened because it looked so friggin good after playig SWTOR for a couple weeks. The characters in WoW seem to pop off the screen and everything is so vibrant and beautiful.

Say what you will about WoW, but they designed a masterpiece of a graphics engine that uis still outperforming games 8 years later.

This... gotta give credit where credit is due.

How a game made in 2004 that runs on a dual core processor, 2gb of ram, and an ati 3850, looks better with all max settings than a game just released late 2011. Now don't get me wrong I love SWTOR, but how this game can require a quad core processor, 4gb of ram, and a 4850 is beyond me. If Blizzard can make a game run and look good on such low hardware, then with TOR"S requirements we should be getting better results and performance then we currently have.

Hear hear.

Oh yeah, i forgot they improved the water effects lol.

Right, only water.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2008/08/25/brack-clarifies-graphical-update-plans/

Look, I think SWTOR's graphics need to be upgraded, but if you want to compare to 2004 WoW, why not look at the very best it had to offer? The launch trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-UIXdCNleA#t=0m46s

WoW became the juggernaut it is for many reasons.

Their utterly brilliant artists are one of them.

The horrible childish cartoon like graphics and big pointy shiny shoulders were some of the few things i didnt like about that game.

It became a juggernaut because it was easy and had a huge advertising budget.

Edited by Rayvonuk

Initial question is impossible to answer without objective visual quality benchmarks for comparison. It's like my saying all Warcraft related games look terrible compared to all TOR games. That's simply because I dislike Warcraft and like Star Wars, and that opinion is meaningless.

The horrible childish cartoon like graphics and big pointy shiny shoulders were some of the few things i didnt like about that game.

It became a juggernaut because it was easy and had a huge advertising budget.

Really? It was easy at launch? They had Mr T ads at launch? You are utterly not making sense.

Really? It was easy at launch? They had Mr T ads at launch? You are utterly not making sense.

Let's admit it, WoW's always been easy.

It's EASIER now, but WoW was never hard.

And some of us think Blizzard's artists and writers are terrible.

I don't dig the little kid pallet set and the exaggerated features.

I like colourful, and I like epic, but I like Warhammer 40k colourful and epic, not story book time.

Let's admit it, WoW's always been easy.

It's EASIER now, but WoW was never hard.

And some of us think Blizzard's artists and writers are terrible.

I don't dig the little kid pallet set and the exaggerated features.

I like colourful, and I like epic, but I like Warhammer 40k colourful and epic, not story book time.

Ok, then we'll agree upon having different style choices. But my original point was that Blizzard's artists are one of the driving forces behind their success.

You, personally, may not like them. But most people do. I am one of them.

Ok, then we'll agree upon having different style choices. But my original point was that Blizzard's artists are one of the driving forces behind their success.

You, personally, may not like them. But most people do. I am one of them.

I'd argue about the "most people do", as even while I played WoW and my friends played WoW, the graphics and art style were a very common complaint I heard.

We'd need actual metrics to determine what "most people like".

At launch it was no juggernaut, it only had around 300k subscribers, it did not become a juggernaut until the ad campagns started, when the burning crusade was released and afterwards.

It was always easy though, basic hand eye co-ordination is requied at best.

Edited by Rayvonuk

How a game made in 2004 that runs on a dual core processor, 2gb of ram, and an ati 3850, looks better with all max settings than a game just released late 2011. Now don't get me wrong I love SWTOR, but how this game can require a quad core processor, 4gb of ram, and a 4850 is beyond me. If Blizzard can make a game run and look good on such low hardware, then with TOR"S requirements we should be getting better results and performance then we currently have.

because blizzard coded their own engine which is amazing and bioware uses a heavily modified version of the hero engine and it runs like * * * *. Bioware cannot handle an MMO. They are proving it on the daily.

Edited by Vastalee
circumvent filter

You're saying that this:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r4/Alkii/loldwarf-Copy.png

looks better than this:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r4/Alkii/SWTORpic-Copy.jpg

??????????????????

Please leave.

Congratz. You are qualified to go into politics.

I played both games and I know very well how graphics looks in wow and in swtor.

Yes, I agree that swtor graphics are better but your misleading is astounding:

You took low-res picture of wow without antialiasing and compared it with a rendered hi-res picutre of swtor.

Please le... ahem nvm :rolleyes: