[Official High Resolution Textures Post] Can we get a clarification on this?

Adelbert

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Perderedeus

Look, don't get me wrong, I've played plenty of games with graphics that were lacking because they had elements I enjoyed - the Splinter Cell series for example, had poor frame rates, and Deus Ex Revolution wasn't exactly a graphic maserpiece. The difference is that I was able to make an educated decision to purchase those games despite their shortcomings because the screenshots were made using the in game tools that were available for use...not some "bugged" resolution that only seems to exist in marketing screenshots and videos.

I was provided completely false information on a product which influenced me to buy it.

It's not the graphics, even though they look horrible. It's the fact I was decieved into believing that was the standard after beta, and from the screenshots. I was lied to about the product, and now we are being told we're too stupid to realize it.

This a million times, this is why I have lost faith in Bioware.

I think it is fair for us to be demanding this before they implement any new content.

Stock up on coffee and sandwhiches, lock all the doors, turn off all the phones, and find a solution that isn't bollocks. This needs to be resolved now, not later.

This whole situation makes me think of the debacle that was Sword of the Stars 2 launch a couple months back.

I'm enjoying the game, but I'm also enjoying reading kids so desperately emprisonned in their self-entitlement that they can't stop from writing useless nerd rages.

But now the fun is gone, and you bore me. So I'm out. Happy swimming.

arnt trolls suppose to be living in humid caves? and feed on Grass and leftover scraps? if so

What are you doing here?

so exactly why cant you put a option to use high res textures in game for high end pcs?

If it lags you the hell out obviously you would reduce the settings if your got any brains.

Usually its shadows that kill mmo performance.

That number will get smaller as time passes.

Its a known quantity that some will accept any excuse in the face of reality to justify their own beliefs.

Some of us just have higher expectations than others.

Far as you can't have cutting edge graphics in MMOs? Sorry but even WoW is using DX11 these days. Lets not even talk about the graphical quality of AOC comparatively.

To be frank Second Life makes TOR look antiquated and thats rather hilarious.

So putting DX11 automatically makes the game looks better ?

As I said, and no offesne to you because you don't rage like others : please do your homework before using technical details to pound an argument.

No quote. It came from a discussion before launch about the textures and some of the long time beta testers mentioned that their client was larger by 10+ gigs then what the weekenders got and how they recalled the textures looking better.

Basically it was, they removed the high res textures so save on the download for the weekenders and they would be back with the live client.

I also don't recall anyone mentioning performance issues with the high res but I only started checking the beta forum as a nov 11 weekender.

I still have my beta installation.

Size: 50,2 GB (53 963 913 219 bytes)

Size on disk: 39,1 GB (42 086 252 544 bytes)

If anyone knows any way to check if higres textures are in there somewhere please let me know.

I am at a loss for words. Failure after failure after failure.

I can see where this game is headed and it's not a pretty sight. BW should consider getting a new management and review their decision making process. Oh boy, EA sure is good at killing once great game studios.

This whole affair, among many other things that are currently broken in TOR, is beyond ridiculous.

This was how they look during BETA up to the final weekends of testing.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/3/32230/1833800-balmorra__9_.jpg

It was stated in the beta forums which are now gone that they were removing high-res textures in order to cut down the amount of data the players needed to download for the final weekends of test. After a number of player voiced their concerns over the suddenly lower textures in the game they stated that the final game will look much better and not to worry.

THIS is what I paid for. My graphics dont look like that even in cutscenes, all setting maxxed.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK

No quote. It came from a discussion before launch about the textures and some of the long time beta testers mentioned that their client was larger by 10+ gigs then what the weekenders got and how they recalled the textures looking better.

Basically it was, they removed the high res textures so save on the download for the weekenders and they would be back with the live client.

I also don't recall anyone mentioning performance issues with the high res but I only started checking the beta forum as a nov 11 weekender.

I don't mean offense on this, but don't we still have the hi-res textures in our game files now, which is why the game can display them during cut scenes and such?

This was how they look during BETA up to the final weekends of testing.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/3/32230/1833800-balmorra__9_.jpg

It was stated in the beta forums which are now gone that they were removing high-res textures in order to cut down the amount of data the players needed to download for the final weekends of test. After a number of player voiced their concerns over the suddenly lower textures in the game they stated that the final game will look much better and not to worry.

Great post, this is exactly the proof we need!