Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Huttball and BH grip

BigBenz

Getting gripped into the enemy's starting point to get one shot is awesome when i'm standing on the line with the ball. Fix it

I actually agree. I think Huttball in general tends to favor BH and other Push\Pull classes. As a Lethality Op I feel like I spend 2/3 of the game just bouncing around the tiers trying to get near the goal. BH definitely shouldn't be able to stand in their spawn and grip people into it though.

I actually agree. I think Huttball in general tends to favor BH and other Push\Pull classes. As a Lethality Op I feel like I spend 2/3 of the game just bouncing around the tiers trying to get near the goal. BH definitely shouldn't be able to stand in their spawn and grip people into it though.

so your saying huttball caters towards every class but the agent? Despite the high platforms you could shoot from(sniper) or the fact that you can and probably do gank people on fire pits or those who fell into the pits and are on their own.

3GCD and you win.

I jump into pits to draw operatives out :p

Listen up! These are the rules of Huttball!

Two teams, Frogdogs and Rottworms, chosen by random draw. Grab the ball, throw the ball. Get the ball over the opposing team's line any way you can and your team gets a point. Weapons, name-calling and cheating...are all encouraged. Let's play Huttball!

I don't see the problem.

This isn't game breaking, you just find it annoying which is understandable but that's not enough to warrant changing things. There are too many skills and classes that manipulate the huttball field and that's the way its supposed to be. Healers pulling allies, tanks pulling bad guys, dashes and knock-backs and stuns. I hated huttball at first but the more I played, the more I realized how tactical it is. Now, with people that I know, huttball is amazing . In fact, the only thing its lacking is an instant replay, cause players are started to make some impressive moves now.

I started a thread yesterday about knockbacks conflicting with the design of the Huttball arena-- i.e. getting knocked off the top tier cat walk because some mouth breather smashed a button.

Do you really think, with all the knockbacks people have that not a single person thought of it while developing the catwalks in Huttball?

I'm pretty sure the catwalks were designed specifically so you could be knocked off. It encourages teamwork and PASSING THE BALL which seems a lot of people still have failed to grasp the concept of.

This isn't game breaking, you just find it annoying which is understandable but that's not enough to warrant changing things. There are too many skills and classes that manipulate the huttball field and that's the way its supposed to be. Healers pulling allies, tanks pulling bad guys, dashes and knock-backs and stuns. I hated huttball at first but the more I played, the more I realized how tactical it is. Now, with people that I know, huttball is amazing . In fact, the only thing its lacking is an instant replay, cause players are started to make some impressive moves now.

This is quite different - knockbacks/grips into fire/whatever are all argueable, but certainly not gamebreaking. What the OP is talking about is that you can stand near the starting area shield and grip people trying to score/be pass targets/whatever up - they instantly die when this happens. It's not about grips in general.

As a powertech I must say this is funny as hell. Best when said person is a friend and you can get a good laugh in vent. Equally as fun is throwing the hutball at some smart ranged class trying to defend from thei safe zone...boom! Then you get te ball back anyway and score. However.... The grapple defense needs to be fixed. Ps you can use the throw technique to counter a bh you see salivating and waiting to pull you!

Edit* be warned grappling people onto you safe zone can cause double scores against you. Equally as funny and instant justice!

Edited by FoE_Jarcus

How do you reach the finish line without having a white resolve bar anyway...?

Would think that atleast someone would chain stun you twice before you reach the finish line :)

Most classes have some pretty neat game mechanics they can use in creative ways to stop the enemy ball carrier or score points. Hutball would be pretty boring if we were to remove them tbh....

Lets remove "knockback" from hutball. You can be knocked back down into the pit just as you get close to the enemy platform.

Lets remove "life grip" from hutball. Enemies can pull their ball carrier up from the pit to score.

Lets remove "friendly charge" from hutball. Enemies can jump from the pit up to a friendly player close to the finish line and score.

Lets remove "charge" from hutball. Enemies can use your own team mates to leap up from the pit and score points.

Lets remove "grip" from hutball. Enemies can grip you into the fire or down in the pit when you carry the ball.

Lets remove "pass hutball" from hutball. Enemies can run ahead and then their ball carrier can pass the ball through fire or up ramps to score.

Lets remove......

Or... lets not remove stuff? Crazy. I know.

How do you reach the finish line without having a white resolve bar anyway...?

Would think that atleast someone would chain stun you twice before you reach the finish line :)

Most classes have some pretty neat game mechanics they can use in creative ways to stop the enemy ball carrier or score points. Hutball would be pretty boring if we were to remove them tbh....

Lets remove "knockback" from hutball. You can be knocked back down into the pit just as you get close to the enemy platform.

Lets remove "life grip" from hutball. Enemies can pull their ball carrier up from the pit to score.

Lets remove "friendly charge" from hutball. Enemies can jump from the pit up to a friendly player close to the finish line and score.

Lets remove "charge" from hutball. Enemies can use your own team mates to leap up from the pit and score points.

Lets remove "grip" from hutball. Enemies can grip you into the fire or down in the pit when you carry the ball.

Lets remove "pass hutball" from hutball. Enemies can run ahead and then their ball carrier can pass the ball through fire or up ramps to score.

Lets remove......

Or... lets not remove stuff? Crazy. I know.

+1 people who didn't understand the OP.

It's just another blossoming strategy in Huttball that deserves some thought before charging in.

There are already four counters to this.

• There's a built-in timer to prevent them from staying up there for too long I believe it's 30 seconds from the time they spawn. Wait it out.

• Grip THEM down.

• Throw the ball. Either while you're being gripped or to someone out of grip range.

• Build up your resolve before you charge in there. If you've recently been stunned twice, you are immune to the grip for several seconds. What with all the knockbacks and stuns, this is probably the most common way to avoid being gripped to the ledge. You may not even notice it 99% of the time.

Edited by Keii

+1 people who didn't understand the OP.
Ohh, I understand him alright. And yes, it might be a gray or even dark-gray zone. At least if people hang out at the start area just to utilize this over and over.

Personally I prefere to pull him away from his team. Into a fire that is just building up. And stun him there. Grab the ball for myself and force sprint / pass it while all his previous support is still a good 30-40m away in the wrong direction - all still wondering where.t.f. their ball carrier went.

Another favorite is to jump into the pit and force pull the enemy ball carrier down in the pit while I'm still mid-air. And just before he is about to pass the finish line.

Then again... As fun and useful Force Grip might be, I still think the combination of both Force Leap and Intercede on a hard to kill tank class make Juggernaut the the most powerful ball carrier in the short history of Huttball (couple that with a few Extrications from one of the many Sorcs - a class that can heal the ball carrier, root people even if they have full resolve and knock enemies down from ledges - and you don't even need to pass the ball. At all. GG)

Honestly I like it. There are some ways to avoid it though.

-Don't go for the goal if you see one up there

-Make sure you are cc immune before getting close enough

-Intentially do not kill BH's so that they cannot be up there to grip. (not likely though)

Do you really think, with all the knockbacks people have that not a single person thought of it while developing the catwalks in Huttball?

I'm pretty sure the catwalks were designed specifically so you could be knocked off. It encourages teamwork and PASSING THE BALL which seems a lot of people still have failed to grasp the concept of.

BUT I GET SO MANY MEDALS FOR SCORING!!

Oh wait. I don't

pass the damn ball.

Honestly I like it. There are some ways to avoid it though.

-Don't go for the goal if you see one up there

-Make sure you are cc immune before getting close enough

-Intentially do not kill BH's so that they cannot be up there to grip. (not likely though)

As a Bounty Hunter, I support your last idea and must say, you sir, are a genius. I think everyone should do this...just saying. :)

Yeah, that is my only gripe really. Getting one shot cause some guy knew how to hit one button. Other than that its hella fun.

To kill the ball handler takes timing it is not just hitting one button.

There are many ways to counter this stand back and pass the ball. Or hug the sides and run it across.

It's just another blossoming strategy in Huttball that deserves some thought before charging in.

There are already four counters to this.

• There's a built-in timer to prevent them from staying up there for too long I believe it's 30 seconds from the time they spawn. Wait it out.

• Grip THEM down.

• Throw the ball. Either while you're being gripped or to someone out of grip range.

• Build up your resolve before you charge in there. If you've recently been stunned twice, you are immune to the grip for several seconds. What with all the knockbacks and stuns, this is probably the most common way to avoid being gripped to the ledge. You may not even notice it 99% of the time.

Good post man.....

After all... the announcer says cheating is encouraged.... and if they can pull us out, we can pull them in.... they shouldnt spawn camp....and if they have the ball they should pass....

The ability is on a cooldown so it cant be spammed and we have a spawn timer so its all about timing and position

PS- its a working in game mechanic... and it doesnt always kill the person pulled

Edited by Gummiebear

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.