Hardcore Servers

dimster

Suggestion: Official community petition for the creation of a ‘’Hardcore’’ type of server.

A solution to satisfy both the ‘’hardcore’’ players who are lobbying for the addition of raiding add-ons (dps meters etc) and the ‘’casual’’ players who claim that add-ons will facilitate segregation and ‘’force’’ players into ‘’optimal’’ builds and rotations.

Hardcore servers would have full add – on support and any maybe some special rules or rewards that promote ‘’competitive’’ play.

Normal servers would have no add – on support and would be pretty much the ones we have already. (With the UI customization that everyone agrees will help)

If this is implemented both sides will be happy (I hope) and the developers will not have to choose between pleasing the hardcore or the casuals.

I hope that we can keep posts contructive and keep the L2Play QQ LoL FTW to a minimum.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you sir for staying on topic and constructive.

:)

No really I miss Hardcore permadeath. I believe the last game to offer it was Diablo 2.

It is also something that hardcore players do in fact enjoy at lest some of them do. There is something to be proud about having a high level on any game that has permadeath.

I don't see the relation between hardcore and add-ons.

Hardcore is just a placeholder tittle, could be any other word. It comes from the fact that the most vocal of the recount proponents claim to be ''hardcore'' or come from ''hardcore'' guilds. You can also use the word Competitive or Uber or Add - on Enabled or anything.

Hardcore is just a placeholder tittle, could be any other word. It comes from the fact that the most vocal of the recount proponents claim to be ''hardcore'' or come from ''hardcore'' guilds. You can also use the word Competitive or Uber or Add - on Enabled or anything.

Ah..so it's all a joke?

Hardcore has nothing to do with addons and combat log support.

Funny you should say that since none of the casuals want it, and is quite useless if you are not into Hardcore raiding or Hardcore PvPing where even 2% maters...

I came to this thread thinking it had something to do with racy adult entertainment.

The tenacity and vigor of people who demand add on support can be very entertaining to adults that realise that its just a game :)

So yes this thread is about adult entertainment.

Suggestion: Official community petition for the creation of a ‘’Hardcore’’ type of server.

A solution to satisfy both the ‘’hardcore’’ players who are lobbying for the addition of raiding add-ons (dps meters etc) and the ‘’casual’’ players who claim that add-ons will facilitate segregation and ‘’force’’ players into ‘’optimal’’ builds and rotations.

Hardcore servers would have full add – on support and any maybe some special rules or rewards that promote ‘’competitive’’ play.

Normal servers would have no add – on support and would be pretty much the ones we have already. (With the UI customization that everyone agrees will help)

If this is implemented both sides will be happy (I hope) and the developers will not have to choose between pleasing the hardcore or the casuals.

I hope that we can keep posts contructive and keep the L2Play QQ LoL FTW to a minimum.

Hardcore is without mods/addons. Those with them are playing Softcore.

I don't see the relation between hardcore and add-ons.

yeah. I think it's far more hardcore to actually be able to handle the game's mechanics. but heh... everyone loves to think they are 'hardcore' and the others are 'casuals'.. casual.. that is such a nice almost-insult, isn't it? :rolleyes:

yeah. I think it's far more hardcore to actually be able to handle the game's mechanics. but heh... everyone loves to think they are 'hardcore' and the others are 'casuals'.. casual.. that is such a nice almost-insult, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Exactly my thoughts..well that's why the "harcore" players actually call casual players "bad players".

Exactly my thoughts..well that's why the "harcore" players actually call casual players "bad players".

People should be allowed to play without having people telling them that their gear or build or actions per minute or dps or something Sucks...