Class's that need nerfing

JediDuckling

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea that ability is in the DPS tree, just because Jugg's have a tanking tree, doesn't mean we have to be a tank.

If you ignore the DPS tree's you can't do that 8K AOE and to get the full benefit you need to spend enough points outside the tank tree to lose a few other abils.

Not to mention shields don't work properly by all accounts.

The notion that Jugg/Guardian is a tank and shouldn't damage is false.

yes but a mass AOE that does 8k is quite OP you have to admit that that does need a nerf

People that call for nerfs are usually bad players.

Sorc Healer and I don't see anything OP, sure the scoundrel and operative burst is insane but that's all there is, to them.

actualy no the players that abuse these OP class's and builds and have to abuse bugs and exploits are usualy the bad players i can just see something that needs a nerf and see something thats OP when i see it.

im a squishy assasin and as underpowerd i aint doing to bad with it.

Yesterday I did everything I could to interrupt a mercenary tracer missile of being cast

Result, I ended up winning a solo medal and left him dead on the floor with 75% of my HP left

learn to counter them, the real problem are powertechs

Edited by Dinams

Actually there's something fishy about a heavy armored, invincible tank dealing 6k in AoE dmg when I, a sage, dressed in light armor, can deal only as much as 3.5k on an AoE skill... ;)

Regards,

Kalantris

bingo you got it right there.

why should one class be a heavy armored dps tank spamming 8k aoe's to everyone ?

Troopers/BHs can excel in two of following areas:

Damage

Toughness

Heal

Mobility

I can understand it's confusing for some that one trooper laughs at their feeble damage, another trooper obliterates them with devastating ranged attacks, and another trooper can heal and heal and heal...

not the troopers ive been facing they are heavily armored dps tanks that can heal and have armor pen buffs.

i can barely scratch them and when i do manage to take a bit of hp from then they heal right up thats not if they have nuked my by then.

Lol, that's all the Arsenal BH have. AND THEY HAVE TO STAND STILL TO DO IT! And if you read the BH forums .. they are all sick and tired of mashing Tracer Missile, Heat Seaker Missile and Rail Shot.

I pvp as a Pyro Merc and I never spam missiles. And no I am not level 50. And yes I can come out with the most damage and kills quite easily. Its about deciding what fight to pick and how / where to pick said fight.

Learn to play.

it needs a nerf none the less and thats why bounty hunters get so many CC's and abilitys because they are bounty hunters not NUKE launchers

Outside the BH/trooper tracer/grav spam, they're OK, can dish out plenty of damage but that one spammable attack is just an IWIN, same as voltaic/clairvoyant spam from assassin/shadow while sitting in that tanking stance getting heals back. The one particular "powerful" AOE is jugg/guardian's only best attack, yeah take it away and what's left for them? :rolleyes:

Operative/scounderals I think will be first on the list for some nerfs.

assasins and shadow have to spend 30 points to get voltanic and its about the best attack they have that dont drain your force, if you actualy turned around and attacked the assasin/shadow you will put them down pretty easy.

Another rage thread for a so clearly l2p issue. Might aswell buf everyone to do the same damage, have the same health and give everyone 1 healing spell and 1 absorbing ability. That would make it all fair but where would the fun and challange be?

Clearly a l2p issue and it will probably solve itself for you some day

its not a l2p issue its a class and gear issue why can you not understand this,

why should one class be a heavy armored dps tank spamming 8k aoe's to everyone ?
For a start, it's a dps only, the tank aoe will hit for about 1k. As another point, it's not spammable, it's on a 15s cd, speccable to 12s. Thirdly, you've to be jacked up on stims/adrenals and double expertise buff to do it.

Soo....the OP is playing assassin and ask everyone else to be nerfed ? If I have understood it correctly :o

assasins are underpowerd lol there only any good when they are lvl 50 in full pvp gear but any class is and even more so depending what class you are.

yes i love my dps assasin useing all my force with 2 maul stabs not doing any damage for the trooper/bh or so to turn around and 2 shot me

its great the life of a gimped assasin

Yesterday I did everything I could to interrupt a mercenary tracer missile of being cast

Result, I ended up winning a solo medal and left him dead on the floor with 75% of my HP left

learn to counter them, the real problem are powertechs

you cant when your being stun locked and rooted

For a start, it's a dps only, the tank aoe will hit for about 1k. As another point, it's not spammable, it's on a 15s cd, speccable to 12s. Thirdly, you've to be jacked up on stims/adrenals and double expertise buff to do it.

still though for an AOE even 5k is pretty OP and only a 15 second CD ?

my main issue with assassins is that a tank specc'd assasin has equal armour (after bolster) to a random guy in medium armour, with dark charge on and the armour boosting buff.. is that right? someone of equal gear level in heavy armour usually has about the same ( and in end game, maybe a tiny bit more but not by much) yet bolster way overblows the armour reduction and thus makes most of that useless, you're only missing out 20% armour boost by going tanking as opposed to the dps tree (which gifts you 30% armour anyway by using a dps charge) so survivability needs to be addressed there, people shouldn't have quite that much armour.

that, and force shroud doesn't work properly, supposedly "increases resistance to force and tech attacks by 100% for 5 seconds" yet you are still able to be rooted, stunned and knocked back during that duration by force/tech moves.

oh, and our supposedly "uninteruptible" force lightning (tank talent) is still interruptible by 40% of pve mobs, so somethings broken there too.

the only issue i have with troopers is that they can quite happily sit and tank by healing themselves, yet put out ridiculous amounts of dps at range with the same spec, we only have three interrupts (stun / jolt / knockback) and it shouldn't take absolutely every cooldown we have to stop someone from healing themselves, not to mention mis timing or getting juked = he's at full hp and you have no chance.. imo there should be a nerf to self healing, either that or give me a way to deal those sorts of numbers (especially given i've got positional and range requirements to most of my attacks, and the only time i do any real damage is when i get procs)

.. oh, and people shouldn't be able to ignore huttball fire with a single healer, give the fire a stacking debuff that ramps up damage by 25/50/75/100% on ticks and make it actually lethal.

The damage Operative are doing is not a fault of poor class design and as such they do not need any of their mechanic nerfed.

The things that are wrong here are mitigation form shields for tanking classes and the insane crits you can get from stacking buffs such as Biochems buffs with high gear at 50. This results in insane crits which mean a scoundrel/Operative Can occasionally burst someone inside the 3 sec stun.

This class needs to be hard hitting and low survival as that is how it is balanced. It's actually refreshing for BW to take a step back to the class fundamentals that came around ages ago in fantasy/roleplay games that have been around for years. A rogue class classically was a char with insane burst on target, next to no damage output off target and low survivability. Lots of games weren't brave enough to actually include this class as it should be (even wow). BW have actually been brave an put in a true glass cannon and its a great move. Now they just need to sort mitigation and Biochem buffs out and everything will be good.

full dps assasins are squishy as hell and die stupidly fast they have no defense's no heals no sheilds and are melee. you have to stealth for that 6 seconds of force regen buff when exiting stealth to get a good amount of dps off before you get face rolled. then we have to spam all our cd's to stay alive if we dont die before useing them that is. even fully pvp geared 50 assasins/shadows get face rolled.

jeez i wonder what class op plays

I think Ducklin is responsible for like 60% of the posts here.

Operatives are fine, we have tools to survive their burst and force shroud gives us immunity to most of their attacks.

Bounty hunters/troopers are fine, though change their mechanics a bit so that turretmode isn't most efficient way to play.

Warr/knight - these are fine, except perhaps marauders and their 8 seconds of immortality (4s 99% damage red, 4s stealth with damage not breaking it). If juggs go high damage they drop fast.

TL;DR: OP needs to L2P, gear up and make less QQ threads/posts. We are a very gear dependent class that shines in several areas when we get gear. I say this as a lvl 50 deception assassin.

P.S: What nerf are you crying about? I've only seen them buffing sins in latest patch notes.

Edited by Varatesh