MAXIMUM PC Rates SWTOR 7 out of 10

Rheemus

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Warhammer have a 85% on metacritic???

86. But it also has a user score of 8.0.

WoW on the other hand has 93 (not much more) and a user score of only 6.9.

Just shows how subjective computer gaming is and we can safely say that the only review of any importance is your own review.

Edited by Mandrax

Did everyone conveniently forget that MAXIMUM gave SWTOR a 7 out of 10? Or is everyone forgetting that a 5 is average, a 6 is above average, and a 7 means it's a GOOD game? What, are gamers not happy any more these days if a game doesn't get a 9 or even a 10? (10 should be impossible. No game is perfect.)

Personally I'd give it a 7.5. As in, it's just a bit better than a 'good' game, but not 'very good' either. (what an 8 is to me, while 9 is exceptionally good)

Edited by Sanquind

Look at Gamespot User Reviews for SWTOR.

http://www.gamespot.com/star-wars-the-old-republic/platform/pc

1861 votes - 8.7 in User Score

and look at Meta Critic: 86/100

Pretty accurate in my opinion.

The only ones who dislike the game are WoW-kids who have built up their identity around WoW and now have problems adapting. Everyone else is enjoying themselves.

I agree with the world pvp part they need to open the capital cities to opposing factions, taris and balmorra (at least in pvp servers) so that we can see more world pvp.

Im not sure what everyone is seeing about PvP but honestly every day on mine i run into atleast 1 enemy... MINIMUM!

Sometimes i get gang banged by 3+

The problem with the reviews is that many of the faults he mentioned are beign addressed in the very next patch. While a few others make me wonder why game he played. Such as traveling. Once you get your speeder you can get anywhere pretty fast. Prior to that look at the worlds. Your starter world everything is fairly close so you have very little running to do. Your home world again things are pretty close at first then latter on their spread out but by then you have sprint. Now onto your 3rd world. Quests are fairly close to the area you first arrive in till you get your speeder then they spreadout. You also have quick travel and fleet pass. Does it take a bit of time on say Tat to get from the space port to the other side of the planet on a taxi yes but guess what is it an entire planet you are traveling across and they wanted you to have this scope.

Agree with most of the review even to the summary at the end.

One point I disagree is the Space Combat, I like it. I know that is a matter of taste though. Honestly I didn't care about it till I figured out my ship can smash into things, that added a new level of challenge for me. Nice break from quest grinding too.

I don't miss the circle spinning in Tie or X Wing. For me I played the game by hitting "Target Nearest Enemy" Spinning until I had it in my cross hairs, chased and shot it until it either blew up or everyone else had gotten behind me and I had to spin a 180 and send my pursuers scattering. Rinse Repeat.

Look at Gamespot User Reviews for SWTOR.

http://www.gamespot.com/star-wars-the-old-republic/platform/pc

1861 votes - 8.7 in User Score

and look at Meta Critic: 86/100

Pretty accurate in my opinion.

The only ones who dislike the game are WoW-kids who have built up their identity around WoW and now have problems adapting. Everyone else is enjoying themselves.

I don't play WoW. Never had, never will.

I have played other MMO, on the other hand.

I LOVE the storyline and voice acting

I like the artistic concept

I don't like the emptyness of the world, the almost irrelevant, tiny CAPITAL of the KNOWN GALAXY

I don't like Framerate issues when playing on a GOOD computer

I don't like crappy textures

I don't like "level 10 vs level 50 PvP"

I'm SO bored of 3 PvP missions...

I'm tired of bugs reported during BETA

Lol what

TOR has an insulting small World, with over 50% dead space

you need to get out more than if you think that. Go to Hoth and it feels like Hoth from th emovies. Same with Tat. Then try Nar. the worlds were designed to make you feel like you are actually in that place. How would tat feel like Tat is every 5 feet out in the desert there was an npc village with people and vendors. It was a pretty desolate world. I think that is part of what some people are not getting. They wanted these places to feel real to make you feel like you are actually there in a vast sand desert.

Im not sure what everyone is seeing about PvP but honestly every day on mine i run into atleast 1 enemy... MINIMUM!

Sometimes i get gang banged by 3+

Yeah sure but it starts to late im level 25 and im still in Taris, wolrd pvp should start from the begining.

Edited by Kumando

i'm new to mmo's how do these things work?

this game is too small and on rails

this game is too large and sprawling

this game has no reason to explore

datacrons are too hard to find and take too much exploration

this game introduces world pvp at roughly the same level range as wow rift aion aoc and others, but we're goign to dock it points for not having it sooner.

this death penalty is too long

where is the hardcore corpse loot and exp loss

there's not enough content to level on

why can't i turn off exp because there's too much content to level on(and i want to twink out)

these half hour queues may be 1/10 of the average mmo launch queue average, but they're still far too long.

why is my server dead

i picked empire why don't i see more republic in the world

i picked republic why don't i see more other republic in the world

bioware needs to force faction balance in the same ways that has failed in every hard faction mmo that has tried.

i write for a bad out of touch late to press and behind our relevant subject matter focus on how to build pc's with products who's makers buy our adpsace over considerations of the actual good quality hardware out there, and since swtor didin't buy enough adspace we're going to give it a poor review based on things that rather than demonstrate that the game is bad or lacking, demonstrate that we have no concept of the basics of an mmo, given that things liek running/travel between locations that take a few minutes to do in swtor, take too long for us, which basicall ymeans our mmo travel experience is using the portals in dalaran then getting upset when those portals are removed in cata and then demanding mages give us free portals. we also want flying mounts. and insta port lfd system that gives us bonus rewards for RNG dungeon selections. also when we join guilds we never use voice comms because guilds only exist as vehicles to free easy lewtz and not as soscial constructs to meet new people and have fun playing the game together.

btw, we recomedn the hardware brands that bought the most ad space this past year, and we promise it will perform the best. don't listen to anyone else, and make sure to buy our best of the best issue which has been sitting on teh shelf for over six months and was out of date before it went to the presses.

This review isn't far from the mark.

Though I don't agree with all of it, many of us warned Bioware well in advance that the lack of UI customization and the pitiful LFG feature would result in many reviewers and players voicing their disappointment.

This should come as no surprise.

Having said that, I do believe the critic was a bit harsh in some areas. I believe it rates closer to an 8 than a 7 and after a couple months of fixes and hopefully additions, we will see.

A lot hinges on Bioware getting things into the game ASAP. Better guild management tools, a more friendly UI, a better (not necessarily x-server/teleporting) LFG system.

Many of us will wait a bit for these things and gladly keep paying Bioware for the wonderful game that already exists. Others have less patience.

Had the game launched with just those 3 things mentioned above in better shape, a perfect 10 wouldn't have been out of the question.

Edited by Sparklehorse

you need to get out more than if you think that. Go to Hoth and it feels like Hoth from th emovies. Same with Tat. Then try Nar. the worlds were designed to make you feel like you are actually in that place. How would tat feel like Tat is every 5 feet out in the desert there was an npc village with people and vendors. It was a pretty desolate world. I think that is part of what some people are not getting. They wanted these places to feel real to make you feel like you are actually there in a vast sand desert.

Yeah, nothing feels immersive like an exhaustion debuff after you step 20m out of a city!

Finally a good balanced review. Unlike some of the most hardcore fanboys think there ARE things wrong in this game. And it is what it is, a single player game with some lacking MMO elements slapped in.

Good review. Its solo component is pretty solid, but it's sorely lacking in the MMO part. Endgame, PvP, and crafting need a serious overhaul if it's going to stand the test of time.

Boo hoo, I have no friends so the game is only solo, boo hoo hoo. :D

this review is the most accurate to date.

VAST world is USELESS when you only play it once a.k.a swtor.

seriously, you think SWTOR's planet are bigger then SWG? Heck no.

SWG's tatooine is about 4 times bigger then SWTOR's tatooine.

and seriously people LFG TOOL does NOT HELP when you team sizes is 4 and you still need a damn healer/tank. which take 2 spot when 90% are DPS.

Edited by wrongfeifong

You know.. Back in the day you had to be lvl 25 to get your first mount in WOW.. WOW has no sprint.. This guy has no clue what he is talking about.. You want a marathon?? Try running around in BC WOW and hoofing it until lvl 25.. Mind you, no QT either.. Just your next to useless hearth stone..

That this guy seriously doesn't know what he talking about.. :rolleyes:

Heh back in the day we had to beg for a port from Qeynos to a the mnts then run for our lives to Kaladam when we were young. There were no mounts.