The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Assassin VS Operative?

CHammer

no way lol. Lets say OP bursts Sin to 1/2 of sins HP> restelth and switch on healer> then back to Sin>back to healer, meanwhile OPs healer dps/controls one of enemies cauz he doesnt need to heal cauz most of the time their enemies would be in Stuns and other CCs. ezpz

Or the easier way just nuke the sin's healer, that wouldnt be a problem he wont come out of CC for a single cast lol

If you're going to theorize gameplay, at least try not to be so narrow minded about it.

You didn't consider guards, or taunts that the Shadow/Assassin has, or that they can also restealth. Include knockbacks, and other CC's. There's way more to it than just your scenario.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should go to your trainer and talk about Force Shroud. It is clear that you and many others have no clue about the classes and abilities in this game.

An Operative/Scoundrel has 3 seconds to kill you. After that they die by either you or your team.

You are not prepared! Sure in world PvP you can be surprised but in a PvP match!

I am playing Assassin so dont whine...

After the KD use stun and FS. If/when he breaks, slow and kite to death. Break if he uses his slow, it has a 12 sec cd.

This. So many players just have no clue how to counter other classes.

Also...

Gear up, get your biochem to 400, get your Rakata med pack and consumables, stack it with the WZ buff, Exp Stim, and your champ relic and you too can do ridiculous damage.

We had a Marauder top 518k damage doing an upward of 5k hits in Huttball last night with stacked consumables/buffs/relic/bloodthirst. Does that mean his class is OP too?

The problem is not the OP/Scoundrel or any other class for that matter, it's when you stack all the biochem garbage up with the stims, relics and WZ buffs. The opener then hits like a truck. Without all that you will be lucky to get a 3-4k opener on a fully geared player.

Fix the crazy buff stacking first, then take a look at the class balance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guys cant believe theres so much talk about which class is more OP, so many get so angry and upset about it, really is quite sad. Its just a game and its typical MMO marketing rotatation to keep people rerolling and to keep SUBs going. Exactly the same in WOW, theres always a class of the month. I play marauder and get pwned by asassins and operatives, prob a L2P issue on my part but i dont care, im still having fun. Just play and enjoy, u wont if ur always comparing whos more OP. Relax its just a Game.

Not sure why this is even a conversation. 31/0/10 Assassin / Shadows will win against an Operative / Scoundrel every time. In fact, I don't even think it's close. As for burst, go watch one of Power's videos where he's critting 5k, 4k, 4k, 3k in succession and tell me again what you're complaining about?

Not sure why this is even a conversation. 31/0/10 Assassin / Shadows will win against an Operative / Scoundrel every time. In fact, I don't even think it's close. As for burst, go watch one of Power's videos where he's critting 5k, 4k, 4k, 3k in succession and tell me again what you're complaining about?

Necro'd!

Necro'd!

The ironic thing is, the reverse is now the case after the nerf. There's no reason to ever bring an operative over an assassin. Assassins are the best at holding objectives (their stealth-cc doesn't fill the resolve bar to full so they can do it multiple times), their force/tech immunity makes them extremely good at running the huttball and defending objectives because of the CC-immunity it gives them, they have more sustained damage and better sustained burst (operatives have better opener burst), they have a knockback which is ridiculously OP for a stealth class to have, and they have a sprint.

The ironic thing is, the reverse is now the case after the nerf. There's no reason to ever bring an operative over an assassin. Assassins are the best at holding objectives (their stealth-cc doesn't fill the resolve bar to full so they can do it multiple times), their force/tech immunity makes them extremely good at running the huttball and defending objectives because of the CC-immunity it gives them, they have more sustained damage and better sustained burst (operatives have better opener burst), they have a knockback which is ridiculously OP for a stealth class to have, and they have a sprint.

I wish my knockback was as nice as the assassin one...