The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

3 medals for 524k healing ~~ nice medal system BW

Jooji

Also I've noticed your entire argument is "clearly you've never healed a war zone in swtor" you should come up with something new.

It's still a pretty valid point. If you had then you would also be wondering why healers basically gear slower than damage regardless of overall contribution.

If a damage person has the potential to earn 10 medals doing his job; then a healer should have the potential to earn 10 medals doing HIS job.

This probably means taking away things like medals based on reaching some value. A damage guy farming kills is doing a lot less to win a warzone than say a damage guy thats interrupting and crowd controlling or killing enemy healers and peeling/guarding for his team.

Ditch the "big number" medals and replace them largely with objective based stuff so that healers, damage and tanks have the same opportunity to reach the same number of medals as long as everyone is trying to win the game.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i play a dps shadow and i can agree with the OP but not with his tone he just sounds like a ******* yes healers need a little more love in the medal department i constantly have to scroll down to find the awesome healers with only 3 medals but you dont have to be an *** about it and insult people. And it really is easy to get the soldier medal just throw out one aoe in a couple of the fights that happen early on before life totals get low and you will be fine.

No I want people who try to win to get more medals, since anyone can do it including healers, you just have to choose between having big numbers to brag about, or actually winning.

And lmao you did it again!

Seriously go back and count how many time you've said "you clearly have never healed a warzone in SWTOR"

You make it sound like it's hard to taunt people, put guard on someone and stay near them, or spam force lightning as a sorc. Mind explaining to me how these abilities should have greater rewards than healing?

So which role do you play anyway? My money is you play a BH tank, since they quite obviously have it super ez mode and you wouldn't understand what it's like to get the shaft on medals every game.

Considering a High End healer is basicly immortal with any backup at all and requires a good 3-4 pile up on just them to bring them down and if even one heal gets off they walk away from it.....I dont pity healers one bit.

When you lose the ability to take more damage than a Tank via shieldings i'll support you getting a good 4-5 Healing specific medals. ;)

From my own experience as a Sage.

1. There's nothing except enemy healers and pure luck with defenders' respawns, that can stop me from winning Voidstar or Alderaan when I'm speced DPS.

2. I don't play a healer anymore, since it's pointless in both solo PvP and warzones. In solo PvP your companion gets buged and you start the fight without him half of the time. In warzones you get like 3 medals (that's how much I got for 890.000 healing). All your teammates can get 2 out of 4 healing medals just by clicking the medpack.

Pretty simple: 7-10 medals as a DPS (2,5k heal, 5k heal, 75k heal, 75k dmg, 2,5k dmg, killing blow, 300k dmg, 10 kills, 25 kills, sometimes a solo kill and 5k dmg if there's like a level 10 somewhere), 3-5 as a healer (even if I KS one dude and dot enough people to get the 75k dmg one). It's impossible to heal 5k+ with any heal on a sage in combat (and highly doubtful outside combat). In order to get this one I hide somewhere, burn down my own HP, use my cooldowns (trinket, crits, power adrenal) and crit heal myself. It's absolutely impossible to do in a combat situation with the -30% healing debuff even though I have 400+ expertise and 1,4k willpower.

Medals for healing are useless, few in numbers and borked. What else do you need to understand, that playing a healer is counterproductive?

Regards,

Kalantris

So you are saying that a DPS will get the 5k heal, whilst a healer wont, and add that into your medal count?

This is exactly why I do not like these forums, because people are so utterly stupid. Get a fckin clue before posting.

All I know is that my healer usually gets 1-3 less medals then me, simply because I get the healer medals that I shouldnt be getting in the first place because of biochem.

If you want to whine about something, whine about Assassins and medals, because they easily get 10 medals+ every single game without even doing anything.

If you are doing your job correctly as a healer, than you should probably not have 75k damage, because you probably let people drop around you instead of healing them.

From experience as a healer in SWTOR, almost 90% of the time in a warzone, multiple people need to be healed in order for us to win, and there are rare opportunities in which I have a chance to deal some DPS, especially as a Scoundrel, considering our most damaging abilities are melee, it is somewhat difficult to go into melee range and kill someone just to get medals, especially considering my job as a healer entails staying as far away from DPS as possible, i.e. staying near LoS.

Edited by battleblade

You make it sound like it's hard to taunt people, put guard on someone and stay near them, or spam force lightning as a sorc. Mind explaining to me how these abilities should have greater rewards than healing?

So which role do you play anyway? My money is you play a BH tank, since they quite obviously have it super ez mode and you wouldn't understand what it's like to get the shaft on medals every game.

Haha, I play a sniper.

I think you'll find the general consensus on the forums is that snipers are far from ezmode.

And for the record, I never get more than 4 medals on games where the other team is good, because I have to focus on objectives.

Proud of you for trying to make me feel stupid in a different way though!

It's still a pretty valid point. If you had then you would also be wondering why healers basically gear slower than damage regardless of overall contribution.

If a damage person has the potential to earn 10 medals doing his job; then a healer should have the potential to earn 10 medals doing HIS job.

This probably means taking away things like medals based on reaching some value. A damage guy farming kills is doing a lot less to win a warzone than say a damage guy thats interrupting and crowd controlling or killing enemy healers and peeling/guarding for his team.

Ditch the "big number" medals and replace them largely with objective based stuff so that healers, damage and tanks have the same opportunity to reach the same number of medals as long as everyone is trying to win the game.

Agreed.

Huttball=medals for proximity to the ball while doing a certain amount of damage or healing

Voidstar/Alderaan=medals for proximity to the nodes while DPS or healing

Or give us a few different healing medals per life, such as 50k, 100k, 200k, etc. If they added those three I'd actually be able to come close to tanks, and those three certainly wouldn't be easy to attain every game.

So you are saying that a DPS will get the 5k heal, whilst a healer wont, and add that into your medal count?

This is exactly why I do not like these forums, because people are so utterly stupid. Get a fckin clue before posting.

A typical healer won't. A biochem healer will. Medpacks > heals for farming medals. Furthermore I do most damage in 19 out of 20 scenarios, so punching through the enemy instantly gives me a crapload of time to get myself the 5k heal in out of combat situations. Without that I'm stuck to healing people doing medicore damage and stuck in combat 99% of the time. Especially on voidstar, when instead of wiping half of their team in 10 seconds I'm forced to watch them die one by one and emerge from their spawn before the rest are down.

I have a fckin clue. And quit calling people stupid. I only makes you dumb, nobody else.

If you want to whine about something, whine about Assassins and medals, because they easily get 10 medals+ every single game without even doing anything.

Same to you. Get a fckin clue. Firstly it's not whining. Healing in warzones is slightly less important than doing damage and gives crappy rewards. Secondly if you really need to "whine" whine about tanks getting everybody's medals. For heals, dps, guards and objectives. While healing medals are easily farmed with medpacks tank medals are exclusive. No guard = no medals. All you need to farm them is... a healer. Not even a good one too, just need to know your place. EZ mode compared to healing, especially against a team with more than half of a brain to share, that will focus you instantly.

I can stand in one place and dish out dozens of thousands of damage without moving a step, but when I cast anything, that has a green icon I get focused instantly and have to run around like mad since I'm not a tank healer with heavy armor, 50% absorb shields and other utterly dumb tank-like skills.

Regards,

Kalantris

I can stand in one place and dish out dozens of thousands of damage without moving a step, but when I cast anything, that has a green icon I get focused instantly and have to run around like mad

Amen...Last game three troopers chased me around a pillar in Alderaan to kill me rofl. Gotta love it. I guess the naysayers are right though, whack-a-mole is too easy to deserve medals.

A typical healer won't. A biochem healer will. Medpacks > heals for farming medals. Furthermore I do most damage in 19 out of 20 scenarios, so punching through the enemy instantly gives me a crapload of time to get myself the 5k heal in out of combat situations. Without that I'm stuck to healing people doing medicore damage and stuck in combat 99% of the time. Especially on voidstar, when instead of wiping half of their team in 10 seconds I'm forced to watch them die one by one and emerge from their spawn before the rest are down.

I have a fckin clue. And quit calling people stupid. I only makes you dumb, nobody else.

So, if you disregard of biochem the difference wont be alot at all. Also playing solo queue as a healer will obviously be bad because 99% of everyone playing is bad and wont do any damage, so you are healing targets that wont do anything in the first place. So for your own sake, yes, you should be playing DPS in solo queue. Although if you play in a premade, the difference between a healer and a DPS's medals, is Biochem medals. Also MIGHT be one extra medal from the 1v1 scenario, otherwise its the same.

Same to you. Get a fckin clue. Firstly it's not whining. Healing in warzones is slightly less important than doing damage and gives crappy rewards. Secondly if you really need to "whine" whine about tanks getting everybody's medals. For heals, dps, guards and objectives. While healing medals are easily farmed with medpacks tank medals are exclusive. No guard = no medals. All you need to farm them is... a healer. Not even a good one too, just need to know your place. EZ mode compared to healing, especially against a team with more than half of a brain to share, that will focus you instantly.

I can stand in one place and dish out dozens of thousands of damage without moving a step, but when I cast anything, that has a green icon I get focused instantly and have to run around like mad since I'm not a tank healer with heavy armor, 50% absorb shields and other utterly dumb tank-like skills.

Regards,

Kalantris

Tanks wont get the 300k damage one half of the time, an assassin / shadow will get more medals then the average tank pretty much every time because of the damage medals, aswell as the tanking ones.

So, if you disregard of biochem the difference wont be alot at all. Also playing solo queue as a healer will obviously be bad because 99% of everyone playing is bad and wont do any damage, so you are healing targets that wont do anything in the first place. So for your own sake, yes, you should be playing DPS in solo queue. Although if you play in a premade, the difference between a healer and a DPS's medals, is Biochem medals. Also MIGHT be one extra medal from the 1v1 scenario, otherwise its the same.

Really? Ok, disregarding biochem (the example below is me):

as a healer I get 3 medals (2,5k, 75k, 300k).

as a DPS I get 7 medals (blow, 10 kills, 2.5k heal, 75k dmg, 300k dmg, 25 kills, solo kill).

The difference is 4/3 which equals to 133%.

Tanks wont get the 300k damage one half of the time, an assassin / shadow will get more medals then the average tank pretty much every time because of the damage medals, aswell as the tanking ones.

That is totally scenario dependand. Perhaps on Alderaan. Not really on Voidstar, when tanks, thanks to their awesome defensive abilities and insane AoE dmg, can dish out way more than an assassin. I've seen a tank hit people for 6k+ with AoE. Hit 4 people 13 times and tyvm. That's not really a problem on Voidstar, right? Or around the turrets on Alderaan.

Regards,

Kalantris

as a DPS I get 7 medals (blow, 10 kills, 2.5k heal, 75k dmg, 300k dmg, 25 kills, solo kill).

That is totally scenario dependand. Perhaps on Alderaan. Not really on Voidstar, when tanks, thanks to their awesome defensive abilities and insane AoE dmg, can dish out way more than an assassin. I've seen a tank hit people for 6k+ with AoE. Hit 4 people 13 times and tyvm. That's not really a problem on Voidstar, right? Or around the turrets on Alderaan.

Regards,

Kalantris

I don't think there's any sense in arguing with non-healers. They're clearly clueless, or just really hate healers. Perhaps they Q alone so they're bitter they never get heals or something along those lines.

But it's clear arguing with them won't get anywhere. I made this thread hoping to get responses from other healers such as yourself who feel my pain, and hopefully BW will listen and fix the issues. I really wasn't expecting so much negativity from ignoramuses.

If you cant get the killing blow as a healer you are not playing to close to your potential, and playing extremely passive. Its PvP, not PvE, you are not supposed to JUST healbot an entire game. My friend always gets the 75k dmg, killing blow and 10 kills atleast, playing a sage. The biggest difference here will be the 25 kills that I will certainly always get, and he most probably wont. The solo kill is bugged to sh*t and i rarely ever get that one, get it about as often as he does.

So the difference isnt alot at all.

Regards,

Kalantris

I dont think I have ever seen a tank above 300k, whilst I get it pretty much every single game, and so does an Assassin, whilst spamming taunt on CD for the defensive point.

I don't think there's any sense in arguing with non-healers. They're clearly clueless, or just really hate healers. Perhaps they Q alone so they're bitter they never get heals or something along those lines.

But it's clear arguing with them won't get anywhere. I made this thread hoping to get responses from other healers such as yourself who feel my pain, and hopefully BW will listen and fix the issues. I really wasn't expecting so much negativity from ignoramuses.

You made this thread to get pats on the back from people, and to talk about how favored tanks are, don't kid yourself.

Go play another role, since you "clearly have never played my role"

All im saying is that my friend that heals me in BG's never has any issues with getting medals.

As I stated earlier, in solo queue it will be harder getting medals as a healer because you simply do not have a good DPS to support you, which will make it harder for you to attain the medals, definately. And for this sake you should most probably play a DPS for solo queue if you only play for medals.

The difference in medals between me and my healer friend really is not that much, and he really does not see it as an issue at all.

I single handedly got every objective in voidstar and only got three medals. The medals encourage people to play poorly. We won, but the morons spamming their aes got the mvp points because people don't pay attention to what's actually going on.

All im saying is that my friend that heals me in BG's never has any issues with getting medals.

As I stated earlier, in solo queue it will be harder getting medals as a healer because you simply do not have a good DPS to support you, which will make it harder for you to attain the medals, definately. And for this sake you should most probably play a DPS for solo queue if you only play for medals.

The difference in medals between me and my healer friend really is not that much, and he really does not see it as an issue at all.

He must like being screwed I guess. I Q with the same tank/dps most of the time. Earlier in a fairly quick huttball where I did most of the ball running I ended with 2 medals. Both of them got 7-8. That's balance right?

Now it certainly wasn't a hard game so I hate basing how medals should be given on it, but in a 4 minute match they both got 7+ medals. It isn't possible for a healer to get 7 medals in 4 minutes.

I single handedly got every objective in voidstar and only got three medals. The medals encourage people to play poorly. We won, but the morons spamming their aes got the mvp points because people don't pay attention to what's actually going on.

Yup. That's the whole point of this thread. Objective gameplay results in less gear/valor, but as a healer the difference is even more noticeable.

Exactly why they need to add objective medals, not healer medals.

Exactly why they need to add objective medals, not healer medals.

So they add objective medals and tank ACs just go from 12 to 15 medals? If they took away a lot of the current medals and added in objective medals I'd completely agree.

When I heal (Sorcerer), I usually get a KB in with Shock, wait till 5% or less and it's all good.

Also, shouldn't you be getting the 10 kills, 25 kills medals?

I can most times get the solo kill and KB medal by bumrushing into a group of enemies and hitting the guy at 10% after a battle. If it happens it happens, if not, no assassin medal.

If/when I hit the 300k healing medal, I usually hard-stop healing and go for the 75k damage medal.

So yeah, I think BW doesn't want your "healbot" spam.

Also, people usually +MVP the green names they see when healed =)