Largest Cartel Market weapons sale of the year is now live! Check it out before August 27! ×

3 medals for 524k healing ~~ nice medal system BW

Jooji

so there ya go ya just got some dps on a target and if he dies by any one kill count.......so what you said earler is what? nul and void by your own words

So what you're saying is I should forgo healing because I can get more medals by dpsing? Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no reason for a healer to go 1v1 on anyone. Our greatest strength is healing objectively, aka finding the ball carrier and healing him or healing people supporting the ball carrier. I can EASILY 1v1 anyone but that isn't what warzones are about. If a dps jumps me when I'm alone I just stun/slow him and run away.

you all so have CC and dot's so if your playing as a i'm nothing but a healer all i can do is heal then it's you not the game not the medals it's you not useing what you have at your finger tips to get the most out of what you have......

Yup, every game after I get the 300k healing medal I have to end up going off on my own popping adrenals and relics like mad just to get the 75k damage and possible 5k hit (if it's on a low level). The medal system is definitely terrible, you play selfishly and get medals. Nice. Edited by Kieran

I want warzones where ppl die ... healers prevent that from happening. Giving them less medals for being the buzz kills is ok in my mind :) If you want to be a healbot ... -> PvE.

You clearly have not done any large amounts of PvP that require teamwork and strategy where healer's are the backbone of the group. People dying quickly and easily is not fun nor challenging gameplay for either party. And if you want healer's to be crappy in PvP, have fun dying in PvE when you have no one to heal you.

Edited by Leiloni

You clearly have not done any large amounts of PvP that require teamwork and strategy where healer's are the backbone of the group. People dying quickly and easily is not fun nor challenging gameplay. And if you want healer's to be crappy in PvP, have fun dying in PvE when you have no one to heal you.

lol if i do my job right my team is up and killing and i'm right there with them healing and dpsing...why because i can

you all so have CC and dot's so if your playing as a i'm nothing but a healer all i can do is heal then it's you not the game not the medals it's you not useing what you have at your finger tips to get the most out of what you have......

Are you trolling or just as stupid as you seem?

If I have an ally at an 8k health deficit I'm not going to forgo healing him to inefficiently dps down someone else when I can just keep him healed while he efficiently kills.

You've apparently never played a really good pre-made either. A good pre-made forces healing. There's been matches the healing was so intense I had under 10k damage due to this. Ya know what, you're right though. I should have dps'd instead and let my teammates die so we'd lose!

Edited by Jooji

lol if i do my job right my team is up and killing and i'm right there with them healing and dpsing...why because i can

Mmmk, good for you. Was not talking to you, was talking to the poster who wanted to get rid of healer's entirely.

Are you trolling or just as stupid as you seem?

If I have an ally at an 8k health deficit I'm not going to forgo healing him to inefficiently dps down someone else when I can just keep him healed while he efficiently kills.

did i say that? no...but if every one is at full i sure as hell aint standing there...if some one is getting jumped i'm going to cc someone...if i have a few seconds i'm spaming my insta whatever i have on a few guys....

Kills made by those you healed should also coint for you.

Healing done with medpacks should not count for healing medals.

More medals for objectives should be awarded and the scoring system should actually make sense.

seriously though, all stats a healer uses benefits his DPS aswell. Make use of it.

Yup, every game after I get the 300k healing medal I have to end up going off on my own popping adrenals and relics like mad just to get the 75k damage and possible 5k hit (if it's on a low level). The medal system is definitely terrible, you play selfishly and get medals. Nice.

Well as a healer that's how it works unfortunately. A dps or tank plays their class normally and easily pops off 8-12 medals. We play normally and get...4?

did i say that? no...but if every one is at full i sure as hell aint standing there...if some one is getting jumped i'm going to cc someone...if i have a few seconds i'm spaming my insta whatever i have on a few guys....

If your team is all at full HP with enemies standing in front of you, then the game is boring and the enemy team sucks. With all your posts I'm not sure if you're ignorant or just a really bad troll.

Edited by Leiloni

but if every one is at full i sure as hell aint standing there

You must be PvPing vs all level 10s or something. I've never seen a scenario where everyone is full except the very start of the game. If I'm not healing someone I'm usually CCing, interrupting, snaring, etc. Oh that's right, 0 medals for utility.

let me get to understand this... healers whine that in place where you get rewards for making dmg they don't get the same ammount of medals for healing as ppl that do dmg?

so i will whine to: BW i'm juggernaut and i want to be able to use blaster rockets and flametrowers.... why can't I? other tank can...

Again, this isn't WoW. As a Healer, YOU DEAL DAMAGE. It's not as bursty or powerful as a dedicated DPS, but you're also not doing 4x less than him by any stretch. In fact, you're probably doing well more than half his damage.

Warcraft healers should be dealing damage too.. Particularly if you're a priest.

That said the game should promote team and objective based play. Right now I can just re-spec damage and farm medals and earn more valor and commendations than actually winning warzones. To me this is a design flaw.

Warcraft healers should be dealing damage too.. Particularly if you're a priest.

That said the game should promote team and objective based play. Right now I can just re-spec damage and farm medals and earn more valor and commendations than actually winning warzones. To me this is a design flaw.

At 2800+ RBG play I didn't have time to dps as a holy pally...True a priest should be mana burning other healers, but that was a mechanic they were built for. The whole problem with this medal system is healers aren't built for DPSing yet if we don't our valor grind gets completely F'd.

Edited by Jooji

I usally just tab target and throw of a normal attack to try and reach the 25 kills, for my fifth medal

It's normal to get 4 medals as a healer.

We can get the 75k damage to but then we arnt healing as we should.

It's very annoying that we cant focus on the class we want to play and reap the same award as everyone else

You clearly have not done any large amounts of PvP that require teamwork and strategy where healer's are the backbone of the group. People dying quickly and easily is not fun nor challenging gameplay for either party. And if you want healer's to be crappy in PvP, have fun dying in PvE when you have no one to heal you.

I don't do PvE ... and if I did I would just respec and did the healing myself, because it's fun in PvE. Healers in premade vs premade ok, they may work there. Thing is MMO PvP is not just about premades. Actually right now the only role premades have is to ez farm pugs for commendations ...

And I can tell you right now that ppl dying quickly when they are stupid is much more fun than when after 15 minutes of fighting you score 2 kills as the best dps from your team.

PvE strong healer in PvP = impossible to balance in all areas. You get pugs vs premades where without healers the pug would have a chance at killing at least some ppl, but with healers it's just futile effort. You get pugs vs pugs with uncontrolled number of healers so sometimes instead of pvp you get dance party where nobody can dps through the green spamming.

You must be PvPing vs all level 10s or something. I've never seen a scenario where everyone is full except the very start of the game. If I'm not healing someone I'm usually CCing, interrupting, snaring, etc. Oh that's right, 0 medals for utility.

Except by tagging your enemies you get kill medals ... whops.

I don't do PvE ... and if I did I would just respec and did the healing myself, because it's fun in PvE. Healers in premade vs premade ok, they may work there. Thing is MMO PvP is not just about premades. Actually right now the only role premades have is to ez farm pugs for commendations ...

And I can tell you right now that ppl dying quickly when they are stupid is much more fun than when after 15 minutes of fighting you score 2 kills as the best dps from your team.

PvE strong healer in PvP = impossible to balance in all areas. You get pugs vs premades where without healers the pug would have a chance at killing at least some ppl, but with healers it's just futile effort. You get pugs vs pugs with uncontrolled number of healers so sometimes instead of pvp you get dance party where nobody can dps through the green spamming.

You sound like someone from WoW who hasn't played a healer in SWTOR. We aren't immortal. We can't raise 4 people from 50% each to 100% in a matter of 5 seconds. Usually in big pre-made 50 vs pre-made 50 games people die like crazy because the focus fire is much better. If anything in a full pug type of game I end up never dying because there's simply no focus and I can just sprint away.

-->Repefe - Some games there just isn't the time to tag enemies. I've had games where nearly my whole team, in a voidstar let's say, was below half health for a matter of minutes.

Maybe they should just take away the warzone healing debuff, then I can quickly top people off and DPS most of the time for my medal count. That's a good idea.

Edited by Jooji

Proof that the system is broken. I shouldn't have to try to beat the system by tagging people with DoTs to get medals. I should get medals for doing what my class is specced to do. I can run around insta dotting everyone but that doesn't make me a good healer worth getting lots of medals. If everyone did that you can bet that BioWare would nerf that ASAP once the QQ started pouring in about people exploiting.

Edited by Leiloni

but but but i'm a healer targeting the other team is bad.......it's a free medal that for some reason ppl just dont want....if you have a good dps or 2 with you getting a insta off on there target shouldnt be to hard

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.