The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

3 medals for 524k healing ~~ nice medal system BW

Jooji

"There could be medals awarding extra commendation for healing someone below 20%."

oh god, so many will die because healers want to hit this specific medal :D

anyways, another thing, i think its sage, somehow they can damage themself and then heal.. i just saw one doing this today, he spammed damage on himself then topped himself and repeat.... hurray medals are hard to earn.

In the end, if you really want the medals, aim them instead of complaining not getting medals, random wz is random wz, aslong as your grinding, grinde, when your fully geared, start having fun doing the healing you want to.

as a dps its exactly the same, i have to tag alot be very active and heal myself to gain more than the 4+medals.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

250k/250k would have to be some kind of hybrid god mode spec im not aware of

Full Sawbones spec. Laying down lots of dots and AoEing large groups of enemies adds up. And like I said, this is in a win under good conditions. In games where we get face rolled by premades who are smart enough to target me, the numbers are FAR lower.

I don't do PvE ... and if I did I would just respec and did the healing myself, because it's fun in PvE. Healers in premade vs premade ok, they may work there. Thing is MMO PvP is not just about premades. Actually right now the only role premades have is to ez farm pugs for commendations ...

And I can tell you right now that ppl dying quickly when they are stupid is much more fun than when after 15 minutes of fighting you score 2 kills as the best dps from your team.

PvE strong healer in PvP = impossible to balance in all areas. You get pugs vs premades where without healers the pug would have a chance at killing at least some ppl, but with healers it's just futile effort. You get pugs vs pugs with uncontrolled number of healers so sometimes instead of pvp you get dance party where nobody can dps through the green spamming.

What is the point you are trying to make on the Subject OP brought up?

My feeling is this is working as intended. They want to punish the Healbot style. If you're doing 513k healing and getting 3 medals, you are not playing a Star Wars game. You are playing whack-a-mole with green bars and doing nothing else.

The thing is, this isn't WoW. Healers deal damage here. Hell, simply by using Death from Above on my Bounty Hunter whenever it's off cooldown, I can deal 75k damage in a warfront. I usually always get a killing blow or two as well, as there's almost always a right time and a wrong time to heal.

If you outnumber a guy 2 to 1, you probably shouldn't be standing there, healing the guy. You should be helping him kill the other guy, then after he's dead, you can top him off. You don't help him kill the enemy faster and suddenly, 2 reinforcements come. Now, the original guy gets healed and it's suddenly 2v3, when if you'd stopped looking at the green bars and spent some time looking at the red ones, you could have helped your friend score that critical kill to make it 2v2 when those new guys arrive.

Again, this isn't WoW. As a Healer, YOU DEAL DAMAGE. It's not as bursty or powerful as a dedicated DPS, but you're also not doing 4x less than him by any stretch. In fact, you're probably doing well more than half his damage.

you might be the worst player ever.

You get more medals for filling multiple roles.

The tank may get more medals, but he is doing two things at once: Guarding damage and dealing damage.

You should be getting the same number of medals as any other pure DPS if you are not bad. If you are that desperate to make yourself look good and earn those trivial amount of commendations, then throw out some DoTs or aoe to stop caps or aid in focusing a target.

You Guys don't dps as healers in pvp?

I hope you guys play imp, because you should be cc'ing, aoeing and watching health bars.

I play Sage, and i'm throwing rocks left and right.

I dps as a healer, but only if there is enough time to do so, in some WZ's we face really tough competition, which means that there isnt a single second to dps, the only thing i can do then is to stun a target and then return to heal, or my teammates die.

I dunno what you mean by AoE'ing, it seems pretty stupid to be channeling an aoe damage spell while my team is dying, but i guess i would get more medals by letting my teammates die O_o

If i get a break, ill dps the current target, but that does not happen all to often, not to mention getting targeted as soon as they see that you are a healer(happens more and more now that players are getting more used to PvP)

You get more medals for filling multiple roles.

The tank may get more medals, but he is doing two things at once: Guarding damage and dealing damage.

You should be getting the same number of medals as any other pure DPS if you are not bad. If you are that desperate to make yourself look good and earn those trivial amount of commendations, then throw out some DoTs or aoe to stop caps or aid in focusing a target.

More ignorant people posting, gotta love it. It isn't a trivial amount of commendations. I average 5-7 medals, the tanks and tank AC dps average 10-12. That results in them getting about 20-40% more commendations and valor, thus a much faster gear and valor grind.

Trivial, right?

I switched to dps and play for medals now. I don't even play to win, I get all my dps medals and then use consumption and heal myself until I get the 3 easy healing medals. 8-9 medals per game while tunnel visioning and letting my team lose. I also get 3 times the mvp votes, countless games healing over 400k and plenty of thanks and not one MVP vote because they vote for dps and friends or they don't even vote.

Ok, I cant even keep up with the dribble in this thread.

QQ CMN CSB

Please just learn to play, oh, and then take all the effort you put into ************ on forums about a game you cant play and put it into practice so you get better and QQ less.

If you're playing a dpser, I see more than 4 medals that you'll be earning. If you're playing a true healer like in other games, you won't get these medals.

Demolisher – 2.5k damage from a single attack

Anihilator - 5K damage from a single attack

Quick Draw – Getting a killing blow on one player

Combatant – Dealing 75k damage

Destroyer - Dealing 300K damage

Assassin – Killing a player in a one-on-one fight

Commando – Killing 10 enemy players

And lets not forget the medal you get for killing 25 enemy players.

So that's 8 so far that dps can get that pure healers can't, unless they're doing something they're not specced to do. Not to mention the 5k healing medal is hard to get with a 30% heal debuff, but for a dps whose has no such dps debuffs, you can dish out a lot more damage than we can in heals - and this you can't dispute it's literally built into the game.

I get the medals in bold almost every match I play as a healer.. I also generally out-heal every other person in the WZ as a level 25 inquisitor.

IMHO, those QQ'ing about medals and such in a WZ should really stick to PvE where you can two-cast your way to stardom. There's a LOT more to PvP healing than just mashing on your heal casts when someone's health is going down.

Hybrid healer who can DPS/stun/CC effectively (and obviously has good positional and situational awareness) will always trump what you call a "true" healer.

Insta-cast dots are hard.

More efficient to cast an insta-cast HoT. If your piddly DPS is needed to take down the enemy, your DPSers aren't doing their job. If you're playing against a competent premade, they'll be focus-firing and target-swapping, so you'll need to constantly be on your toes with healing.

Edited by raelimar

Hybrid healer who can DPS/stun/CC effectively (and obviously has good positional and situational awareness) will always trump what you call a "true" healer.

Guess you cant read, read the other posts and perhaps you will understand where the problem lies for those of us that feels that healing does not reward us for the effort put in.

Being a jerk is hard.

OT: W eare discussing situations where you spend your time healing and hardly gets any time to throw around multiple dots, l2read mr. Impatient guy/girl/it

trolls well be trolls....if you think it's so much effort to click a team mate and hit a keybind/skill then no wonder you suck at pvp.....cause really landing an insta is basically the same thing

More efficient to cast an insta-cast HoT. If your piddly DPS is needed to take down the enemy, your DPSers aren't doing their job.

Extra damage on a target (or a dot on a stealthie) isn't just about dps. It's also about target control (can't go stealth with a dot on them, amirite?). DoTs can also provide killing blow rewards (which is an extra medal that I've seen healers complaining about not getting). I frequently get them with a couple dots.

On a side note..

Are there really this few players who understand the effectiveness of an offensive healer?

I get the medals in bold almost every match I play as a healer.. I also generally out-heal every other person in the WZ as a level 25 inquisitor.

IMHO, those QQ'ing about medals and such in a WZ should really stick to PvE where you can two-cast your way to stardom. There's a LOT more to PvP healing than just mashing on your heal casts when someone's health is going down.

You're getting the assassin medal as a healer?

You just made my point. We don't get medals based on playing objectively as a healer. There's no reason a healer would EVER be soloing someone, unless you happen to be solo guarding an Alderaan node, but that makes no sense. A healer should be with others since that's where we're at our most effective.

Edited by Jooji

Guess you cant read, read the other posts and perhaps you will understand where the problem lies for those of us that feels that healing does not reward us for the effort put in.

Sorry I don't really feel like reading another 30'ish pages of bad PvP healers QQ'ing about the medals that they're not getting. L2offensive heal and you get your rewards. Personally, I don't have a single complaint about the rewards I get (medals, MVP votes, etc) because I'm an effective PvP healer.

You just made my point. We don't get medals based on playing objectively as a healer. There's no reason a healer would EVER be soloing someone alone, unless you happen to be solo guarding an Alderaan node, but that makes no sense. A healer should be with others since that's where we're at our most effective.

so you have never respawned and had a steath jump you? oh right you just stand there and heal and yell for some one to help you

You just made my point. We don't get medals based on playing objectively as a healer. There's no reason a healer would EVER be soloing someone alone, unless you happen to be solo guarding an Alderaan node, but that makes no sense. A healer should be with others since that's where we're at our most effective.

I usually get it if someone's broken combat with low health and I stick a couple dots on 'em and lightning 'em to death :p

Extra damage on a target (or a dot on a stealthie) isn't just about dps. It's also about target control (can't go stealth with a dot on them, amirite?). DoTs can also provide killing blow rewards (which is an extra medal that I've seen healers complaining about not getting). I frequently get them with a couple dots.

Your DPSers don't use DoTs?