3 medals for 524k healing ~~ nice medal system BW

Jooji

not some 1 button hitting scrub, and you will get medals

It is impossible to contribute in a good way in a wz by only hitting one button while healing. I'm sorry but it seems like you know very little about the work of a healer.

It also seems like you refuse to understand what the OP and many others are saying. They do not want to go outside of their main class objective (healing) to get the same amount of medals as their fellow teammates (dps). Please remember that dps/tanks can earn the healing medals only by using medpacks on themselves.

The only time a full spec healer should focus on dps is when his/her teammates are out of danger. Being forced to do dps only to get an equal amount of validation for their gameplay is not correct.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first nice change would be assists for healing people fighting other people. WAR had it. Legue of Legends has it. I have absolutely no idea why Bioware doesn't have it, since it's a well known standard. Assist = contributing in a kill. Healing = contributing in a kill. Since Healing != Assist then contributing in kills != contributing in kills. Feel the power of logic.

Then I'd like the healing medals COMPLETELY removed for using medpacks. I mean come on, this is bullsh*t, that everyone can get half of the healers' medals just by poping a medpack once every scenario, while the healers work their asses off to get the other ones. Plus in order to get the 5k heal it's way better to pop a medpack then try to get a heal like that on your own, especially in combat.

That would cut other peoples' medals by two and increase the healers' medals by two (for assists) and would probably do the job.

Regards,

Kalantris

So... you couldnt take 1 or 2 minutes out of your healspam to throw out some damage and get a kill, or killing blow?

1 or 2 minutes? are you joking?!

have you seen scoundrels and operatives?!?!?!

give them 1 or 2 SECONDS without heals and your target is dead!

if i instantly pressed tab, targeted him, and cast an instant cast DOT, the global cooldown would be long enough for an operative to kill the person im healing. strong dps AND strong heal?! you're out of your goddamn mind.

You people still dont get it.

There are no pure healers in SWTOR.

So deal damage for you other medals or shut up.

When I play my sorc, I usually end up with like ~125k damage and ~250k healing.

This means I usually end up with 8 medals.

My sorc is level 29.

If you choose to only heal, then thats your choice, but this choice will also mean you get fewer medals, so you decide!

Edited by Propanelgen

I finally respecced my seer to hybrid DPS. I've lvled from 1-50 and valor 1-59 as a pure sage seer but as most of the healers have voiced out, BW made a joke out of us in WZ. I am having so much fun now as a DPS. I can finally get kills. I get medals, both damage and healing. I was on top of the rank numerous times yesterday. At the current state of the game, healers are not encouraged in WZ.

healers have the life when it comes to commendations.

at least you have the option of doing damage when you want.

try asking a sniper to get the 2.5k healing badge. 500k damage and gets 4 badges (if you include a solo kill). might as well stop playing half way through the WZ.

My sorc is level 29.

If you choose to only heal, then thats your choice, but this choice will also mean you get fewer medals, so you decide!

However it seems like this is a problem many feel is wrong.

I respect the way you play and want to play. Maybe you should try and not get so angry at people for wanting it different?

500k heal seems a bit off the top, my healer mate reaches rarely over 300k, just because there is not enough to heal against.

Take in to account that you shouldn't only stay and wait for someone to get damaged to heal him up, every healer class has damage abilites and should use them, thats what this medal system supports: "use everything you've got".

I am playing as a tank and I only get more thant 6+ medals when I try to do more damage besides my main "tanking pvp goals".

However it seems like this is a problem many feel is wrong.

I respect the way you play and want to play. Maybe you should try and not get so angry at people for wanting it different?

Sorry mate, but its just stupid, you do less then people who do damage and heal. And still you want the same rewards? And believe me more than 300k heal is just stupid, if he heals so much he is definetly ignoring some other goals in warzones, like objectives.

Edited by Samurro

try asking a sniper to get the 2.5k healing badge. 500k damage and gets 4 badges (if you include a solo kill). might as well stop playing half way through the WZ.

ME: Mister sniper, could you please use your medpack?

SN: Sure, why not. Pop.

GAME: You earned 2 medals: 2,5k heal and 5k heal.

kkthxtyvm.

Plus for 500k dmg you get: 2,5k hit, 5k hit, 10 kills, 25 kills, 75k dmg, 300k dmg. That's 6 medals already. You pop your medpack and have 8. Then you just snipe people staying close to the turret (you don't have to actually leave the objective area like warriors or jugs) and you get two more medals for objectives (1k, 3k), which gives you 10 medals total.

There you go.

Regards,

Kalantris

Edited by Kalantris

ME: Mister sniper, could you please use your medpack?

SN: Sure, why not. Pop.

GAME: You earned 2 medals: 2,5k heal and 5k heal.

kkthxtyvm.

There you go.

Regards,

Kalantris

Just wrong, you only get one medal for doing so, because the medpack only heals for ~4k. Get your "facts" right...before posting

Just wrong, you only get one medal for doing so, because the medpack only heals for ~4k. Get your "facts" right...before posting

Yeah, like right. Rakata medpack heals for almost 7k. Get your facts straight, then we'll talk. Even violet medpacks you can actually SELL to other people give you more than 5k and then a HOT.

I also edited my post above yours about the "4 medals".

Regards,

Kalantris

Edited by Kalantris

Sorry mate, but its just stupid, you do less then people who do damage and heal. And still you want the same rewards? And believe me more than 300k heal is just stupid, if he heals so much he is definetly ignoring some other goals in warzones, like objectives.

Dude, you're clueless. I remember one VoidStar, when I got almost 900.000 in heals, around 12k in damage (that's stuns mostly). I could heal no less, because they had 3 healers and we had one. You either use every little scrap of force you can get to keep the heals going or loose. We didn't loose only because I did my job as perfecly as I could. We would have gotten steamrolled if it wasn't for the heals, because a scenario with no healers against a team with 3 healers always ends the same. Furthermore total kills of the enemy team were less than 10, so they didn't even get the 10 kills medal (which was awesome, -8 medals for the empire, ha!).

I got 3 medals, as I couldn't even pop a 5k heal, because I was in combat all the time.

I could do absolutely no damage, because there was no time and no force. I was using every single free sacrifice I could get from channel crits and still barely managed to get enough to heal. No way I could do any damage.

Regards,

Kalantris

this wont change, bioware isent stupid

they know that mindlessly healing baddies who take massive damage and dont contribute anything to the match doesnt warraent any type of rewards, actually do something usefull instead of healing level 50 champion geared players against scrubs like i dont know killing them and not padding your scores, then maybe youll will get a much deserved extra 2 medals to your pathetic 4 medal score

there's no healbot class in game, use the tools provided by bioware, the taunts and the damages and the heals, all at once , not some 1 button hitting scrub, and you will get medals

So healing bads should result in few or no medals, but dpsing, shielding, and taunting bads should get you lots? Got it. Makes such perfect sense I don't understand how I didn't see it before now.

My sorc is level 29.

Lets see some screenshots of your level 29 doing that sort of damage and healing in the same match.

I certainly agree with the OP; healing in PvP is very important (as it should be - this is not a FPS game), yes is also very much under-rewarded right now. People half a healer's level can end up getting far better rewards, even if they don't actually contribute nearly as much to the team's effort.

And while it may sound confrontational, I wonder how many of the, "LOL stop being a n00b 1 button spamming healer and instead dps like a pro" crowd were able to manage any Arena ratings beyond about 1750 in WoW (or an equivalent level of success in some other game's PvP). I mean really, you think a healer should stop doing what they spec for and start doing (quite mediocre) damage in order to get more medals? Why not just respec dps and say screw the team effort, it's all about numero uno?

May I ask how healers do less? Even less then a healer who does heal + dps. Just as dps/tank tries to kill ppl on the other team while trying to win the objectives, just as much work is the healer doing for keep up his/her teammates while they try to kill the enemy and at same time focus on objectives. Difference between a full time healer and a hybrid player who heals and dps is that those who enjoy the healing part doesn't want to be less validated for their job.

A healer is usually responsible for more players in a wz. They need to positioning themselves right, they need to make sure to be in los to heal, they need to defend themselves againt the enemy while healing their team, they need to add cc in event it can help a teammate in trouble. A healer can never only focus on him/herself and the enemy. A healer needs to see the whole picture of him/herself, the team and the enemy.

I'm not saying healing is extremly difficult and needs to be easier, I like it like that. However, I believe healing sould be rewarded equally for keeping your team up during a wz as dps can focus on, well just that, dps.

Unfortunately I can not give good solutions to this but I'd like it to be looked at.

I think people like to post just to post, regardless of whether or not they've ever healed a warzone or looked at the numbers.

As every other person who has HEALED a WARZONE in this thread has said, HEALERS get SCREWED when it comes to GEARING up and GRINDING valor because of the current system.

Sure I can get 6-8 medals if the match isn't competitive, but if that's the case I'm only doing so because I don't have to be objective and I can run around soloing people. Most matches against premades we have to heal constantly, thus little or few dps medals.

Honestly the medals need to be re-worked from the ground up. Many of them are useful, but more need added / tweaked to make them work. There was a great post around here filled with ideas for medals that could be implemented.

lets count: 500k dmg: 2.5k crit: check 5k crit: check 75k dmg: check 300k dmg: check 10 kills: check 25 kills: check finisher: check 1v1: check ----> 8 medals??? where is your problem?

@Topic:

You didn't realize the main point being able to heal: its not for healing your mates;)

You only have the heal ability to get the 2.5k heal medal (since you cant crit for 5k without quite much surge) and the 75k heal medal....

You only focus on dmg and heal when you have time for it:D

Like you have 8 ppl allive, 2 enemys standing (both 40%), 2 of your guys are 10% health....

Than you don't shield your 2 Guys, NO, thats what a good player would do, but that gives you no reward. You let em die, to get an instant on both of the enemys, getting you 2 kills more, gives you medals, that's important.

You just have to realize that ;) it's not like any of your mates would actually be enough skilled to realise it, and hey you get more commodations and more valor :)

And when the ppl re crying for healers, who cares? We can heal ourselfes :)

Players like tindin will come on their knees begging, and you know what? As long as I don't get a good amount of medals for healing I'll play like a douche:D

Edited by Kengaro

I've been testing both roles as an inquisitor (Corruption and Lightning).

The only medal that bothers me is the 2.5k damage, and I think that when my stuff will improve, this medal will no longer troubles me. I also know that the solo kill isn't for me

As said earlier, you have to dps and cc. I try to dot as many enemies as I can and start healing after. I also shock, stun and bump every enemy low hp I see.

I know that this isn't very natural to heal and dps at the same time but if you really play for medals, you HAVE TO play differently than if you play only for winning.

Here's the two example, on Voidstar :

http://imageshack.us/f/809/invicibleheal.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/535/invicibledps.jpg/

The medal system promotes bad play, in order to promote good play.

This is unlikely to change - i think that it is a positive system overall.

If i DPS to a high level i should expect X medals.

If i Heal to a high level i should expect an equal number of medals.

The Killing blow medals represent an extention of DPS medals that the healers lack.

Yes there will always be people who mix both either because they are pro hybrids, or they are bad hybrids who want to jack the system.

But extending the healer medals into something worthwhile - and hopefully out of reach of the DPS players is a good thing.

In fact, extending the medal system to allow for higher levels of play in all directions, whether DPS, healing or tanking, would be a benefit for all.

The medal rewards are designed to encourage good play, and provided you can achieve the same level of greatness as pure spec as with hybrid, everyone will be happy.

• 2 months later...
it seems now its even worst for healers...

I was just in an Alderaan. We won with a score of 10-0 (so, you know it was extremely long). A healer in the group had just shy of 500k healing and 3 medals upon completion. I voted for her. But I also face-palmed. Things just got so much worse for them.

I just played a match (the new warzone, which I like). I got top healing (just over 220k) and two mvp votes, but we lost pretty badly (I'm Republic, non-premade).

My rewards?

0 valor, 0 comms, 0xp (level 50 though), 0 credits.

forgot to look at whether I got legacy xp.

this pretty much ends pvp for me in this game, which was the part I spend the most time playing.

horrible, horrible design decision.

one thing to note: the problem will likely be much worse for the new warzone than the old ones, due to the mechanic.

you get 0 rewards if you lose very badly and get few medals. this is more likely in the new warzone, becuase, unlike alderaan, you get 0 score for having just one of the three turrets. you only damage the enemy's ship with two or more turrets.

so you are much more likely to get a score of 0 in the new warzone, which for me as a non-premade healer, usually will mean 0 rewards, which means I will now quit any time i get the new warzone (despite liking the new warzone).

Just healed 294k on the new warzone, i had 2 medals to show for my 15 mins because I cannot figure out how healers can get the objective points if after every fight it is our job to top of the DPS. Also since i only got 2 medals the game called me AFK, and gave me nothing, despite out-healing anyone else in the game. Please reconsider how healers can get objectives, im yet to get any objective medals from voidstar and healed 500+ on three today. Edited by Tipkaee