Box Setup Is Weird

Lizarus-Rajal

...If you had half a brain, you'd know that most retailers were shipping early. My retailers shipped yesterday and it arrived today. Some others have received even earlier, now unless you're going to do something other than troll can someone help me?

They screwed up then, shipping early should still not arrive until the 20th.

What do you need help with? Install it and see if it asks for a fourth disk. If it does then you have a problem if it doesn't then they probably didn't want to shell out extra money for a case that holds 3 instead of a probably more common one that holds 4.

If you're not a troll EA and Bioware would probably be very interested in knowing who illegally gave you a copy.

Confirmed by JovethGonzalez

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=64398#edit64398

some retailers have already shipped the physical copies.

So to the OP:

Most likely, as boxes are purchased bulk by the publisher, it was cheaper to simply get 4 Disc boxes for this title as well when they were already getting them for another title than to get 3 disc boxes... or something along that line of thinking.

What do you need help with? Install it and see if it asks for a fourth disk. If it does then you have a problem if it doesn't then they probably didn't want to shell out extra money for a case that holds 3 instead of a probably more common one that holds 4.

Lol what? Have you been in a closet?

You screwed up when you pretended you knew the correct ship date.

Screwed up? Allow me to remind you of something. Christmas is CRAZY. Anyone knows that, that's why it was done. As to the people who responded thank you for the replies. I was just kinda worried that maybe the 4th slot was for something else despite the discs saying 1 of 3, 2 of 3 and 3 of 3.

Confirmed by JovethGonzalez

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=64398#edit64398

some retailers have already shipped the physical copies.

So to the OP:

Most likely, as boxes are purchased bulk by the publisher, it was cheaper to simply get 4 Disc boxes for this title as well when they were already getting them for another title than to get 3 disc boxes... or something along that line of thinking.

That's probably what happened. I've seen some DVD boxes sold that way when it was obviously a 2 disc set when you would get a box with 3 slots for discs.

Screwed up? Allow me to remind you of something. Christmas is CRAZY. Anyone knows that, that's why it was done. As to the people who responded thank you for the replies. I was just kinda worried that maybe the 4th slot was for something else despite the discs saying 1 of 3, 2 of 3 and 3 of 3.

They said in that link that the person posted that it was UNEXPECTED. I worked part time at Barnes and Noble for years and I know that releasing and shipping books and movies before their official release date is a big no no and can get you in big trouble. It's the same for video games. It sounds to me like someone messed up and Bioware/EA just gave the go ahead for everyone to ship early.

They said in that link that the person posted that it was UNEXPECTED. I worked part time at Barnes and Noble for years and I know that releasing and shipping books and movies before their official release date is a big no no and can get you in big trouble. It's the same for video games. It sounds to me like someone messed up and Bioware/EA just gave the go ahead for everyone to ship early.

It happens quite a lot though, I expect there to sometimes be a communication gap where US companies forget to specify release dates to each EU country sepparatly.

I can think of the release of Martin's Dance with Dragons, which the german version of Amazon send out days earlier than they should have.

With other games I have seen community reps on the forum stating "the traditional release date for the UK is..." and thinking to myself "What do I care? The UK is not the whole of the EU".

Though in this instance I expect it was just some retailers deciding that better to send out the boxes early than to have angry gamers with pitchfork and torches if there is a delay, after all, no harm no foul? People can't get in until Bioware lets them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.