Why medium armor for marauders?

Darth_Nox

I guess I don't understand the reason for medium armor for marauders. I see a lot of potential downsides :

- causes another entire category of loot (str/end medium armor) which no other class uses

- creates a gap in survivability

- is inconsistent with other tank/less tanking classes (i.e. powertech / merc )

- is unnecessary (even a jugg witout defensive specs & soresu/shield can't tank)

I wonder at the necessity of this decision. In a perfect world, I'd suggest that get rethought and just have warriors be heavy armor from the start, but I realize that won't happen.

caveat: I don't play a marauder, I just wanted to lay that out there.

I dont like that marauders wear medium armor either, it make them too squishy, so now Im working on a juggernaught. Quinns heals really dont seem to help me out on marauder either.... Im not level 50 yet so I cannot speak to that end, but I really hope it gets better. =/

I dont like that marauders wear medium armor either, it make them too squishy, so now Im working on a juggernaught. Quinns heals really dont seem to help me out on marauder either.... Im not level 50 yet so I cannot speak to that end, but I really hope it gets better. =/

The medium armor is only 5% less mitigation than the heavy armor. Cloak of pain more than makes up for that. Only the tank spec is noticeably more durable than a marauder.

The medium armor is only 5% less mitigation than the heavy armor. Cloak of pain more than makes up for that. Only the tank spec is noticeably more durable than a marauder.

This is a lie.

I play with a Juggernaut friend. My damage reduction is 18%, his damage reduction is 42%.

This is a lie.

I play with a Juggernaut friend. My damage reduction is 18%, his damage reduction is 42%.

He is in soresu. In full champ gear My mitigation is closer to 26% (thanks to shii-cho) while a marauder friend is sitting around 19% in juyo.

This is a lie.

Perfect example..

i took quinn, and my lvl 30 mara, and quinn and my lvl 30 jugg, i am lvling them at the same time...back and forth when i am bored i switch over.

went tatooine, super leet boss mob...a sand person..u know gold white border...

well on my mara i tried soloing him i am 3 lvls higher than the mob. BEATS ME TO PEICES. i blew everything i had on him dod this three times..died died died.

went in with my jugg who is DPS, i was watching TOSH.0 Bananna or Knife skit came on..i was fighting same mob..

i watched the whole skit, during that time i was getting hit and not hitting back..

i realized this..turned back to game and downed the mob the first time..

SO HEAVEY ARMOR IS A MUST FOR GOOD DAMAGE MIGRATION THERE IS A BIG DIFFRENT...to BLOWING IT ALL OUT AND DIEING...TO LAUGHING AT THE TV FORGETTING THE GAME FOR A MINTUE...and not then halfazzing the fight to win...

QUICK EDIT...

i have a lvl 40 assassin...tons of CC, tons of DPS, i use ashara not healer pet u get on hoth. and not tank pet...i dont even need to heal much...i blow out so much damage mobs are usually dead before i get a good roation going..

and when i am on a boss. i just blow up, and then sit back and watch them die..

plus when LFG for "flashpoint here" pops up and i want to go...i get a invite almost instantly...

not to mention fights my mara get into get owned an die...walk in with assassin and walk out with 87% health just becasue of CC..

Stealth, SAP, wirlwind, electrocute, beat mob, go to Electo mob, desimate him, then drop wirlwind mob..then go tear down the guy that still SAPed...

i can take out 8 mobs at one time..weak... a gold star and two whites easy..

sap the gold, WW one white star, and beat down other..then just get the WW one, then take out SAPPED one....a fight my Mara Would die at, and my juggernaut would stress in...

Edited by darthsector