Australia NZ Pre-Orders

BuRnInICE

Heyas. From what I've worked out it seems that the current codes applied to our accounts will allow us to play up until the 20th and then we will have to wait for boxed copies to arrive from U.S. This will have the 'Standard Edition Game Key' Or 'Collectors Edition Game Key' inside the box which you'll redeem to allow you to play on further.

With U.S Postal service busy at Christmas time, I think we'll be waiting quite some time into late January :(

Would you agree this is how it works? Anything official on code redemption anywhere on this?

I've had my copy sent to a U.S Postal Address which will help me but I feel for those that couldn't do that.... Is there any way we can find out what key was assigned to an order number I wonder and request that from Customer Service? (Good Luck)

Edited by BuRnInICE

This is pertinant to my interests.

An answer on whether or not the pre-order key allows continued play through the 20th release date would be good. All of the things i've read have insinuated that we need to enter the code from the boxed copy to continue to play after early start, though this seems rather counter-intuitive.

You're correct. You'll have to wait until your box copy arrives in the mail till you can start playing again after the 20th.

Now, we were told there would be a grace period after the 20th where you could keep playing for a few days until your box arrived, but that was scrapped last week with no real excuse or reason.

So now you can join the rest of us with your pitch forks in the "Why the hell did you pull the grace period" threads.

God i wish i thought of that, i know plenty of people in america... now i feel even worse than i did before. thanks! haha

Haha sorry man! You could always edit your order...There should be time.

Bioware/LucasArts! Can we please have the grace period extended! Reward our determination to play this game from overseas! We've tried hard!

Edited by BuRnInICE

My amazon order still says the 29th at the latest as long as this is the case and i get at least a couple of days to play before the 20th I will be happy. They should honour the grace period, it was stated that there would be time given to allow boxes to arrive.

Heyas. From what I've worked out it seems that the current codes applied to our accounts will allow us to play up until the 20th and then we will have to wait for boxed copies to arrive from U.S. Which will have the 'Standard Edition Game Key' Or 'Collectors Edition Game Key' inside the box which you'll redeem to allow you to play on further.

With U.S Postal service busy at Christmas time, I think we'll be waiting quite some time into late January :(

Would you agree this is how it works? Anything official on code redemption anywhere on this?

I've had my copy sent to a U.S Postal Address which will help me but I feel for those that couldn't do that.... Is there anyway we can find out what key was assigned to an order number I wonder and request that from Customer Service? (Good Luck)

All of the above is correct. Amazon estimates my CE delivery will arrive between Jan 4th and Jan 17th. Let's all go camping! :)

Indeed! We're heading out on the 22nd, back early Jan so I'm not worried. I see you'll be playing on Ajunta-Pall, Bluestone. I get the feeling there will be more servers by the time we play, especially when you look at the server list. Most are full, we'll see if there's more RP-PVP servers! Enjoy the holidays, then I'll see you on the battlefield :D

Yeah I was gonna say if you knew someone in the US you could have it shipped to them and they could just email the key.

I feel for you guys!

<3

It is silly that the Pre-Order code already applied to our accounts may not be enough to allow us to continue playing.

For those of us in this position, though the CE makes it less desirable, it is possible to cancel your order and buy a cd key online. I've had my retail cd key in since the 8th of December, plus it saved me ~$40 due to shipping costs.

Of course, you don't get the box and especially with the CE goodies you'd be giving up a lot, but it's an option.

Hi guys,

I´ve ordered the CE and will wait for that to arrive for ages. But if I check on my Origin account I can see it there and I guess it´ll give me a code, too.

There already is a product code but I think, that´s only the pre-order code I already redeemed.

So just set up an origin account with te email address you used to pre order and you´ll see it ready. Don´t have to wait for the box.

Indeed! We're heading out on the 22nd, back early Jan so I'm not worried. I see you'll be playing on Ajunta-Pall, Bluestone. I get the feeling there will be more servers by the time we play, especially when you look at the server list. Most are full, we'll see if there's more RP-PVP servers! Enjoy the holidays, then I'll see you on the battlefield :D

I look forward to it! :)

to all the Aussie or Australia based players: let's plan a camping trip somewhere,

with plenty of beer eskies, a nice campfire, some marshmallows,

and have a good time while we are waiting for our copy of TOR to be shipped!

I'll bring my battery operated light saber, and maybe, if you insist, a Vador mask.

Is it possible to somehow request amazon to open you game and email you the cd key? That would solve alot of problems haha? I wonder if they can do this.

Amazon will not do this under any circumstances.

The only way to guarantee having a key ready to play on 20th is to order a downloadable version from Origin, but afaik they are set up so that you cannot order electronic copies from outside the primary markets that EA have designated for the initial game release (I would not know, I am in one of those primary markets).

In my case, I was very lucky - I ordered from Webhallen here in Sweden, and they shipped the physical boxes early last week (against the express request of EA, as far as I hear) so I have mine ready to go.

As for why there is no grace period, the pre-order access codes are not directly linked to your order. So if you pre-order, get the code, and then cancel, your pre-order code is still valid. It sucks, I know, but if you want to play in the EA/Bioware house, you have to play by their rules.

I pre-ordered in early October from Amazon and they tell me I can expect to have my copy of the game delivered here in OZ by 29th December....

I cannot see the logic in not delivering the game prior to official launch of the servers on the 20th....I can't play the game until the servers are alive. Given that I am granted EGA because I preordered the game, it makes even less sense not to allow me to continue playing the game past launch until the physical copy of my game arrives.

The deceptive and arrogant move by EA to remove the grace period after it was promised when pre-orders were made, means that many keen fans, in the US as well as Oz, will be cut off the game they have paid to play.

I pre-ordered and played in beta and I really like what this game has to offer. So once i am granted EGA I do not want to be cut-off this great game, waiting for the snail mail. I have had to resort to purchasing another copy of the game from a European retailer who will send me the game before the 20th.

to all the Aussie or Australia based players: let's plan a camping trip somewhere,

with plenty of beer eskies, a nice campfire, some marshmallows,

and have a good time while we are waiting for our copy of TOR to be shipped!

I'll bring my battery operated light saber, and maybe, if you insist, a Vador mask.

As it happens that's exactly what I'm doing next week, I'm going away on a camping trip until the 27th to do some fishing and relaxing on the beach.

I pre-ordered in early October from Amazon and they tell me I can expect to have my copy of the game delivered here in OZ by 29th December....

I cannot see the logic in not delivering the game prior to official launch of the servers on the 20th....I can't play the game until the servers are alive. Given that I am granted EGA because I preordered the game, it makes even less sense not to allow me to continue playing the game past launch until the physical copy of my game arrives.

The deceptive and arrogant move by EA to remove the grace period after it was promised when pre-orders were made, means that many keen fans, in the US as well as Oz, will be cut off the game they have paid to play.

I pre-ordered and played in beta and I really like what this game has to offer. So once i am granted EGA I do not want to be cut-off this great game, waiting for the snail mail. I have had to resort to purchasing another copy of the game from a European retailer who will send me the game before the 20th.

Could you tell me which retailer you used to get the game before the 20th either here or PM me.

Could you tell me which retailer you used to get the game before the 20th either here or PM me.

I ordered with amazon.de. They´ll be shipping tomorrow. According to their email I´ll have it between 22. December 2011 and 07. January 2012.

But as I mentioned before: If you order the physical edition and create an Origin account, it´ll be listed there, too.

Maybe the status changes once it´s shipped.

I´ll let you know.