Why oh why can I hurt other players if I am not PvP flagged?

_Darkstar

Do you have a link to where you were told this was a bug? I'm looking for something official from Bioware. A link to something verifiable would make me feel better.

I will look for my post and see it got buried ...plus all the threats agaisnt that post was terrible...i think I reported 20 people before I gave up trying...but the nice peeps told me that in Beta 5 I think it was suppose to be fixed ...let me dig through to find my post...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Till it is changed you better watch how you toss about those Aoes is all I can say.

This is an isolated situation where you get flagged for hitting a player that happen to be in the area with an AoE. You know it happens now, so untill it is changed deal with it and stop tossing AoE's like gnomes when there's an enemy player near by.

If the enemy player i stealthed, I won't know he's there.

I'm supposed to stop using some of my most useful abilities because of this?

How about I just let my sub run out tonight instead?

All I need is a comment from Bioware regarding this situation and the resolution.

I won't "just deal with it".

I will look for my post and see it got buried ...plus all the threats agaisnt that post was terrible...i think I reported 20 people before I gave up trying...but the nice peeps told me that in Beta 5 I think it was suppose to be fixed ...let me dig through to find my post...

Actually I found that thread. That person was joking.

There was no official response on there, another player recommended you report it as a bug.

The timer is quickly running out here for me. No response means I have to assume it's intentional and that therefore this is not a game I ever want to play again.

Till it is changed you better watch how you toss about those Aoes is all I can say.

This is an isolated situation where you get flagged for hitting a player that happen to be in the area with an AoE. You know it happens now, so untill it is changed deal with it and stop tossing AoE's like gnomes when there's an enemy player near by.

Uh huh, and how do you deal with an unknown stealthed player then?

Right. Guess you didn't think that through did you cupcake?

Personally, I think people who respond like you do, probably roll on PvE servers and flag for PvP just to grief the regular PvE players because you have some twisted emotional need to feel like you are some big bad *** PvP'r... when your not.

Bioware dropped the ball and screwed the pooch on this one, simple enough. Now.. off with you cupcake.

~Saitada

Name an MMO where catching an enemy player in an AoE, even if you were targeting an enemy with it first, does not throw you into PvP mode. Go ahead.That's just how it works. If they're flagged, anyone and anything can and will do damage to them. If you do damage to someone, you become flagged.

World of Warcraft? ...what a stupid statement

Actually I found that thread. That person was joking.

There was no official response on there, another player recommended you report it as a bug.

The timer is quickly running out here for me. No response means I have to assume it's intentional and that therefore this is not a game I ever want to play again.

Ya here is the link

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=191888&page=10

And no I did not say a Dev responded if they did that would make me fall off my chair and die of shock...but I did put in a a ticket in game and will let you know.

Ya here is the link

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=191888&page=10

And no I did not say a Dev responded if they did that would make me fall off my chair and die of shock...but I did put in a a ticket in game and will let you know.

I appreciate it, but unless there's a comment from Bioware confirming the status of this issue before my sub runs out in about 7 hours, this game is done for me. Once I walk away, I won't be checking the forums in the future.

Name an MMO where catching an enemy player in an AoE, even if you were targeting an enemy with it first, does not throw you into PvP mode. Go ahead.

That's just how it works. If they're flagged, anyone and anything can and will do damage to them. If you do damage to someone, you become flagged.

World of Warcraft, its a small game, you may not have heard of it.

First, read what she typed. AOE splash damage flagged her PVP. She didn't have a player targeted. This is a poor game design decision screaming to be abused.

I recall in WoW hunters would go to the starter areas and tame the low level animals as pets and rename them to match the original naming convention (i.e. instead of naming your pet 'Max', you'd restore the "A Boar" that it usually was).

So when non-pvp flagged newbies saw and attacked the pet, they were flagged and then instantly killed by the hunter either stealthed or hiding nearby watching their pets health bar. Yeah. That got changed, too.

Name an MMO where catching an enemy player in an AoE, even if you were targeting an enemy with it first, does not throw you into PvP mode. Go ahead.

That's just how it works. If they're flagged, anyone and anything can and will do damage to them. If you do damage to someone, you become flagged.

Urm... World of Warcraft. You actually have to target the opposing player and use an ability on them to get flagged.

First, read what she typed. AOE splash damage flagged her PVP. She didn't have a player targeted. This is a poor game design decision screaming to be abused.

I'm having to agree here. I've tried not to be negative about this game. There's so much to like and as a programmer myself I understand the difficulties.

Unfortunately, given that we've had no communication on this issue, I'm looking at just under 7 hours before my subscription expires and the game gets permanently uninstalled. Forced PvP flagging is the one issue in MMOs that will cause me to walk away and never look back.

If you see flagged players you should be paying attention and acting appropriately. I see no issue with this. If you start casting AoE's with them around, you're making a bad decision. They're hanging around flagged because they want PvP. If you don't, then don't hit them. Simple. I'm sorry but it's PvP and he's free to flag if he wants to, just as you're free to pay attention to what the heck you're doing and smartly avoid him.
OP's only complaining because his hand has been held the whole way.

It happens when 95% of your game is designed around keeping people from running into each other, and the other 5% gets slapped on when everyone who tries the game says that it feels like the game is designed to keep them from ever running into another person.

Rift...

There is a setting to never auto-flag PVP...

Next question please :)

Rift...

There is a setting to never auto-flag PVP...

Next question please :)

Very true.

Sadly, Rift was extremely annoying, as the constant invasions were easily as bad as playing on a PvP server.

Just a quick "we know, we'll get to it", Bioware. That's all I want.

Uh huh, and how do you deal with an unknown stealthed player then?

Right. Guess you didn't think that through did you cupcake?

Personally, I think people who respond like you do, probably roll on PvE servers and flag for PvP just to grief the regular PvE players because you have some twisted emotional need to feel like you are some big bad *** PvP'r... when your not.

Bioware dropped the ball and screwed the pooch on this one, simple enough. Now.. off with you cupcake.

~Saitada

/golfclap

Man what a response. Did you READ what I said?

Ok YOU tell me what the OP should do WHILE the problem is being addressed?

Because I clearly wanna give them grief because I suggested that the player BE CAREFUL while the problem still exists.

OP's only complaining because his hand has been held the whole way.

It happens when 95% of your game is designed around keeping people from running into each other, and the other 5% gets slapped on when everyone who tries the game says that it feels like the game is designed to keep them from ever running into another person.

No she is not, she has a very serious complaint- that I and others are very upset about, if I would have know before I bought this game that grievers were able to jump into my mobs without my consent and flag me for PVP on A PVE server then I would not have bought the game.

This should not be allowed on a PVE server at all period!

So before you bash someone maybe you should see the OP point of view and remember just because you enjoy it or are the griever the other one might not, you don’t pay for my game, so please don’t tell me or the others how we should play or what we should like...these mechanics are not in other games!

And if it is not a bug then they need to refund the people that find this behavior unacceptable and re-label the game with the correct information- instead of misleading customers and having the customer waste time leveling to 40 and spending monies on game that they would have never bought if they knew!

Rift.

VorpalK so its not a bug then? I was hoping it was I so very much enjoy this game until this happend .... :(

I think it's a bug.

Bioware has said nothing one way or another.

I'm not going to continue subscribing without confirmation.

That's his call, and yours. I was making a suggestion and flamed for it because I did not subscribe to their rant.

I have always been an advocate of moving on if the game is no longer what you want.

FWIW, if they DO say they'll address it, your advice is very valid.

I just refuse to do that indefinitely, and I won't play that way at all if they're going to ignore the issue and hope it just goes away.

I think it's a bug.

Bioware has said nothing one way or another.

I'm not going to continue subscribing without confirmation.

Same as i ! I can andle with bugs, glitch, etc, but this for me totaly ruins my wish to play as i am naturaly a anti PvP player. That's why i choosed a PvE server in first place.

This week i was in he Works on Coruscant and suddenly i became flagged for pvP for some reason i don't noticed!! I was totaly surprised about that!! I just run to the outpost and stay there untill it flaggs off. I don't want to play in this stress of fear when all i want is play the game and enjoy the story and quests! Please do something about it BW:(

I report everyone that force flag me for PvP as abusers ("Reporting Abuse") since that is what they are doing, abusing the PvP system on a PvE server.

And I will as well, but until I have confirmation that this will be dealt with, I'm not going to fight a losing battle.