BioWare: "most" people aren't having SWTOR performance issues

Raggnarok

So your specs work with the game. Grats, Im so happy for you. Mine don't, just as many other players.

Number of tickets ingame = posts. If you bother to do one thing you'll do the other as well. Most players just don't, they either accept it or quit.

so what kind of computer do you have? what card are you running?

What have YOU actually tried to do to resolve your issue

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an i5 with proper hardware. Everything runs fine. My brothers play on a low performance pc and laptop and aren't having serious issues. Again the forumswhiners complain to be a majority. The article is correct.

alot of people mismanage their systems. Virusses, malware, out of date drivers etc. etc. etc.

I just did a reinstall of my system just for TOR. The only things installed are W7, Firefox, BF3 and TOR and guess what? The FPS is still in the gutter in PVP and on Fleet. After suffering through three 10 FPS Huttballs for the daily, I booted up BF3 and was greeted with 50 FPS on Ultra with 4x AA @ 1920x1080 on Caspian and Oman. Oman is a bigger map than probably most of the planets in TOR, yet it runs like silk with 64 players battling with tanks, planes, choppers and guns.

i7 920

12gb ram

ATI Radeon 5870 (Yes it's not a newer card, I'll upgrade it if it actually helped).

Most games work fine with no FPS issues (MW3, BF3 etc)..This game: 1680 res, 1920 res, window mode, fullscreen, ALL details on low, no ani filtering, no AA, no bloom, no shadows, 20-30 fps in warzones or in a raid with 8 people... Ye really acceptable... No!

I have a quad core i7, 8GB of ram and a GeForce GTX 460M. The game run great 90% of the time but has sever issues (like <1 frame per second) in certain areas, for example the entry to the Black Sun area. My Wife's machine has higher specs and sees the exact same thing.

How does saying the problem only exists for a tiny minority of people who have low-end machines (which is a lie, by the way) serve as "confirming a problem?" It's not confirming the problem, it's marginalizing the problem.

Approximatly 5% are having problems, most of them (not all of them) have lower end PC's, they're actively working with the issues, they haven't lied about anything in that regard (as far as I can see), they have the facts and statistics, you have your own inflated numbers based on fact lacking assumptions, guess who I'm going to believe.

And nowhere did they say that the problem was ONLY located to lower end PC's (they said Usally people with low end PC's, which more or less translates to most but not all), that's your words not theirs, I'd suggest that you go get some reading skills.

EDIT: 5% is a tiny minority, especially when many/most of those (not all) are at the lower end spectrum.

Edited by WereMops

Well I play in 2560x1600 and have no issues at all with performance.

Game runs smoothly throughout.

intel core extreme QX9650 @ 4.1 GHz (4 cores)

8 GB ram

nVidia geforce 580 GTX @ 920 MHz

Dell 30" monitor + Dell 24" (secondary)

Game running off a WD Velociraptor 600GB harddrive.

So even with 2 monitors, playing at 2560x1600 I get rock solid performance and havent had any crashes so far.

Edited by Propanelgen

I am one of those players that didn't file a ticket or posted on forums regarding my fps issues on high end machine. I thought that I don't have to spam their support guys about the issue they already know about. It appears that I have been mistaken.

My specs:

Athlon x3 425

4 GB or ram (1333 Mhz, CL 6 - not sure about precise specs here tho)

Radeon 5770

HD in Raid

FPS during PvE on all settings - 60-100

FPS during WZ on all settings (no shadows) - 10-20

FPS in Battlefield 3 on high settings - 40+

FPS in Skyrim on Very High settings - 40+

My CPU is not running at full capacity when I play SWtoR. But... I thought I didn't have to say that since it has been repeated so many times.

At this point I don't think I will be playing the game any time soon. PvP is a very important (if not the most important) part of the game for me. Playing and waiting for fix was one thing. But I will not pay for the game I cannot enjoy the way it is meant to be while hearing I am in minority so screw me. It is a real turn off for me.

I will enjoy my subscription while it last, and after that I will say goodbye.

Edited by Tranecarid

I am having a similar performance as described here and it is clear, that graphics requirements have nothing to do with the game going slower, but it seems that for every playing character on the map (Even if not in view) the FPS goes down by 2-3 frames, and it adds up when you are in city hubs or pvp zones, but not pve.

So why does the game go a little slower everytime another player is about but makes no difference when the area has more/less details?

I am one of those players that didn't file a ticket or posted on forums regarding my fps issues on high end machine. I thought that I don't have to spam their support guys about the issue they already know about. It appears that I have been mistaken.

My specs:

Athlon x3 425

4 GB or ram (1333 Mhz, CL 6 - not sure about precise specs here tho)

Radeon 5770

HD in Raid

My CPU is not running at full capacity when I play SWtoR. But... I thought I didn't have to say that since it has been repeated so many times.

At this point I don't think I will be playing the game any time soon. PvP is a very important (if not the most important) part of the game for me. Playing and waiting for fix was one thing. But I will not pay for the game I cannot enjoy the way it is meant to be while hearing I am in minority so screw me. It is a real turn off for me.

I will enjoy my subscription while it last, and after that I will say goodbye.

If you read my post earlier, this is exactly what I said would happen. I hope Bioware knows they are losing players and will continue to do so until the problem is resolved. They had acknowledged the problem, but this most recent exploit of information has left us disappointed and angered. I just hope that in reality, Bioware is fully aware of the gratitude of the issue, and are working around the clock to fix it. Let's Hope.

I have an i5 with proper hardware. Everything runs fine. My brothers play on a low performance pc and laptop and aren't having serious issues. Again the forumswhiners complain to be a majority. The article is correct.

Personally have not had any problems in performance. 2 of my 6 RL friends who are playing have complained that while the game works decently well it freezes pretty bad in pvp and FPS is decreased near to unplayable with high graphics setting but both of them know it has something to do with their own machines.

Might be that the problem only exists with certain setups. Once again words like most or almost everybody would need somekind of a poll or statistics instead of just pulling guesstimates based on your own personal experiences.

Still I feel for you as my specs are no better then some of the machines listed and mine works extremely well and theirs dont. :(

Edited by Darth_Vala

I have heard many complain ingame, saying they have 4GB of ram and it should be more than enough.

All of them also says they run 32bit Windows, which means only about 3 GB will be available (depending on how much ram are on their gfxcard).

More ram + 64bit Windows 7 = Win

Approximatly 5% are having problems, most of them (not all of them) have lower end PC's, they're actively working with the issues, they haven't lied about anything in that regard (as far as I can see), they have the facts and statistics, you have your own inflated numbers based on fact lacking assumptions, guess who I'm going to believe.

And nowhere did they say that the problem was ONLY located to lower end PC's (they said Usally people with low end PC's, which more or less translates to most but not all), that's your words not theirs, I'd suggest that you go get some reading skills.

EDIT: 5% is a tiny minority, especially when many/most of those (not all) are at the lower end spectrum.

5% is not tiny.

Like I said before. 5 is a small number..5% is huge.

If all PC games had issues so bad on PCs that meet or exceed the requirements that 5% of the people who bought the game could not play properly we wouldn't be playing SWTOR.

Because there would be no such thing as PC gaming.

The game runs like a pos in wz but fine everywhere else

People are complaining because they want to enjoy the game

I can't even get an attack to land in wz

I mostly play warzones, and performance is just fine.

I've seen fps drop to about 38-40 in warzones, where normally I would have around 70, but thats just fine. 38fps is more than enough for smooth gameplay.

The game runs like a pos in wz but fine everywhere else

People are complaining because they want to enjoy the game

I can't even get an attack to land in wz

You and half the people in the warzones.

Just ask next time you're in one how everyones frame rate is doing.

Or check this thread with ~50k+ views..in the pvp forum..

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=48982&page=59

Even if Bioware is telling the truth (that only 5% of people are having issues, which I highly doubt -- the only way they'd be able to track that is through tickets, and most people don't issue tickets for FPS performance issues, but for bugs)...

If SWTOR sold 2 million copies, and 5% are having tangible issues....

*does the math*

That's literally 100,000 people having serious issues with the game. To downplay issues for 100,000 people is pretty brave. Lol.

I expect a bit of a backlash. :p

Edited by tastethecourage

I mostly play warzones, and performance is just fine.

I've seen fps drop to about 38-40 in warzones, where normally I would have around 70, but thats just fine. 38fps is more than enough for smooth gameplay.

Absolutely not, or you're just not very good at it.

40 is A LOT better than 20 (more abilities will fire off) but compared to 60 or 100 it is nothing.

Some real ******* in this place.

"my system is 10 years old and I can can run the game with every everything set to low, theres no probelm"

"All you need is 4 cores"

People with top end computers and high end graphics cards are having probelms. As said its only certin areas of the game. If your not having probelms good on you. Get off the forums and go play the game you stupid gimps. I hardly ever visit these forums, too many little whinning *****es.

Invest in a solid state drive, they're around $80. The games about 20gb and mechanical drives just don't cut it for gaming these days.

That's completely untrue.

I love my SSD, but it doesn't do jack for the majority of games except improve loading times. Benchmark after benchmark confirms this as well. I've played ToR on both and it runs virtually identical.

Some real ******* in this place.

"my system is 10 years old and I can can run the game with every everything set to low, theres no probelm"

"All you need is 4 cores"

People with top end computers and high end graphics cards are having probelms. As said its only certin areas of the game. If your not having probelms good on you. Get off the forums and go play the game you stupid gimps. I hardly ever visit these forums, too many little whinning *****es.

Good sir, don't you understand? Surely any issues you have with the game is ultimately your computer's fault simply because my inferior computer is performing perfectly fine.

You must have 23 viruses and a bad case of malware. Do you even know how to operate a computer? I am beginning to think you do not. Learn how to compute!

;)

/endsarcasm

Edited by tastethecourage