Worst head start idea ever?

PhoenixAscendere

Yeah as someone mentioned, our guild is on Bloodworthy, and half of our people is in already, most of us bought the pre order like a half year or more ago, and the server is full, i mean hello? Why are you even bothering to have guild starts or whatever then if you cant handle it? Hey duude i got in what lvl are you? Mah just lvl 34 oohh okey sweet /quit

Be patient. We will enter soon. The best part about partys and guilds, is that evryone is helping out. so your lvl 34 friend might give you a hand. Just a possitiv thing.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it the worst head start ever?

Servers are up.

Players are in the game enjoying themselves.

Things are running smoothly.

Just because people are sitting on the forums whining about not getting in on the first day of early access doesn't mean the launch is a failure.

It just means there are a ton of people whining.

But this is epic tale of every MMO every launched in the history of MMOS.

Gating people in so log in servers don't get overloaded and servers have long queue log in times. Ahhh the horror. Anyways there was probably 200kish pre-orders the first week it was available so if you didn't pre-order in that week you can go back to bed you rager.

They fully explained how this was going to go well in advance. Why people that registered in August through October think they should be in right away just shows that comprehension is on the down slide.

Also if the people that have access aren't getting booted from servers by d/c and server crashes its most likely one of the best mmo launches ever. Be patient, get some more sleep there are no e-peen achieves for hitting 50 first. You will be okay I promise.

Like I said, people from Aug-Nov have been getting in. I redeemed my code in the first week of preorders and nothing.

I wouldn't be ************ if BioWare didn't lie. /shrug But to be honest, if I don't get in next wave I'll just load my game on Skyrim and say **** it.

If people never complain about bad service, they will continue to give you bad service. Sorry if some of us want higher quality service, compare to others who are happy getting crapped on.

Everyone should complain. They have done this launch in the most screwed up manner I have ever seen. Never had this much trouble trying to play a game

This has to be the worst idea ever....letting people in waves join the game? Didn't we do server stress testing in the beta about 3 weeks ago? I'm still amazed at how this is being handled

rofl yeah they tested the servers with approximatly 100k people, you try and stress test with all the active subs. were you there for the first day of swg? neither was anyone else cause they crashed instantly. stop crying until the servers do crash and no one can play the game QQ QQ QQ

Edited by KillemSnakes

How is it the worst head start ever?

Servers are up.

Players are in the game enjoying themselves.

Things are running smoothly.

Just because people are sitting on the forums whining about not getting in on the first day of early access doesn't mean the launch is a failure.

It just means there are a ton of people whining.

But this is epic tale of every MMO every launched in the history of MMOS.

Wrathchyld got the ide. We just have to calm down. remeber this is for server testing. soo far no crash. So we should be happy about it.

Everyone should complain. They have done this launch in the most screwed up manner I have ever seen. Never had this much trouble trying to play a game

QQing about a game that doesn't release until the 20th.

you didn't get more free days.

*pats* it's alright, you'll get into the game soon enough. The 20th is only a week away.

Edited by Wrathchyld

First of all - WoW launch was years back, now we have better technology

second - it's not official launch yet, we are still on early game acces, so there shoul be less people

third - there's much more servers, and they can easily add new

fourth - BioWare did this on beta weekends and nothing broke down, I played without single crash, lag or anything similar for 14 hours straight.

This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you.

Ray Muzyka & Greg Zeschuk

Co-Founders, BioWare

Bioware says otherwise.

Yes, worst head start idea ever! It would be solved by simply telling me what day I get to play. Maybe not the exact hour but I would like to know if I will get in today or tomorrow. I know it's totally irrational to be upset about this but I just can't help but feel really irritated at how they handled this.

I think it makes perfect sense. Relax

same. i wanna play as much as all of you do. i bought a brand new alienware pc FOR this game, i have been researching stuff about it for MONTHS, i've watched every youtube video on planet of gameplay footage from all 16 classes pretty much.

i don't have access yet. i probably won't till sat or so, IF I'm lucky.

but the only thing guarenteed to us is that the game would go live on 12/20. and if you know anything about mmo's, you'd know that really means 12/21.

seriously, i'm gonna quote obiwan here (paraphrasing). "patience, your time will come"

Yes, worst head start idea ever! It would be solved by simply telling me what day I get to play. Maybe not the exact hour but I would like to know if I will get in today or tomorrow. I know it's totally irrational to be upset about this but I just can't help but feel really irritated at how they handled this.

You get to play on December 20th.

:D

rofl yeah they tested the servers with approximatly 100k people, you try and stress test with all the active subs. were you there for the first day of swg? neither was anyone else cause they crashed instantly. stop crying until the servers do crash and no one can play the game QQ QQ QQ

wrong - over 2 millions of people participated in the stress beta weekend, with over 750 k logged in same time. Theres no way even half of that number is playing now.

Don't you worry, you won't be missing a thing. Just check your mail. Bioware did recomend it. If you get a invite, they let you know.

I was in the early release for Rift. It is a great game but on the first day of early release they had nowhere near enough servers and let everyone in all at once. There was massive queue times throughout the the day and a lot of nerd rage on the forums. Trion quickly had to add many more servers to handle the load.

Another issue they had was no guild pre-loading like they did here. No one knew which server they would end up on at first. There was a lot of guilds spread out over several servers.

There was also an exploit where hackers were hacking accounts left and right. Which took Trion quite awhile to get investigated and solved.

So I can see why Bio Ware has taken this route. And I have to say it is working. The level and intensity of nerd rage on these forums is nothing compared to Rift's first day. But their launch went pretty smooth even with all the problems I listed.

I am content to be patient and wait until I get the cherished early access e-mail. For me having a smooth gaming experience when I first log into the game will make it worth the wait.